Chapter 5

TO HIM WHOM I DIDN’T NOTICE

Chapter 5

 

 

HYOYEON'S POV

 

 

“Can you just say it over the phone? I’m quite busy.” I lied. I’m really not busy. Actually, I’m just sitting here at my office doing nothing. I’m not doing so many things these days because every time I’ll have a new collection, I’ll be very busy doing some check-ups and etcetera but now, I’m just sitting and chilling. Earlier, I asked my secretary why my schedule isn’t that packed today and she answered me that it’s just really is it. Of course I didn’t complain about it. Who would want to complain when you’ll do nothing instead of doing lots of things that can cause tress? My mouth is shut with that. “I’ll drop by your office if you really are that busy to the point that you can’t leave.” Siwon said from the other line. “Siwon,” I started but the sudden opening of my office door startled me. “I’m here.” He said as he put his phone in his pocket. He didn’t even inform me that he’s inside the building. “Siwon, I’m really busy.” I said to the man in front of me. “So? You can do stuffs while I’ll say it to you. Also, it’s not that important.” He said. “Spit it out then.” I said then acted like I was sketching something. “It has been a month since you started wearing that ring right? Or almost a month.” Siwon started. I just stared at him and waited for him to continue. “Our moms said that we should start living together.” He said. I was about to complain when he stopped me by speaking again. “I told them that we can’t because we’re both busy and all.” He said. “Then?” I questioned. “But they insisted.” He answered me. My jaw dropped by what he said. “That’s what you meant by ‘not that important'?" I asked him with a tone. I looked at him in the eyes and saw amusement in his eyes. “Did you just yell at me?” He asked me. “Did I?” I answered him with a question. “Just. . . pack your things then I’ll fetch you at your condo tomorrow afternoon.” He said. “I don’t want to!” I complained. “We can’t do anything with it.” He said. “Yes YOU can!” I yelled. “You can tell them that you have someone with you.” I said pertaining to his girl. “I haven’t won her heart and if I failed to do so, what will I tell them?” He asked me. I raised a brow at him and grinned. “You can tell them that you broke up.” I said while leaning on my seat. “I can’t” He said with a stern voice. “You haven’t used that tone to me.” I said. “I just did.” He replied then sat on the couch just in front and meters away of my desk.

 

“It’s final. We won’t live together.” I declared. I just don’t want to share the same roof with him. If we’ll do that, people would really think that we’re together and that we are really getting married. “Listen, if we’ll live together we could talk to each other more about the wedding. You know, both of us are quite busy and we won’t have time to meet each other but if we’ll live together, at the end of the day, we’ll see each other. We can talk by the time we arrive at the house. I’ll wait for you or you’ll wait for me to arrive.” Siwon has a point. We can meet each other and we can also talk on things a bit longer than we usually do. We can plan on the things that we’ll do. Then I’ll have a cook for the mean time. Don’t get me wrong, I know how to cook but I just don’t want to cook. Also, I know that Siwon is good at it. Might as well take the opportunity. “I’ll pick you up tomorrow.” He said and sat up. I released a frustrated sigh and just stared as his retreating back then it hit me. He turned his back at me. For the first time in I don’t know how long already he did it! Oh gosh, I didn’t know I would be that affected yet I don’t know why I am affected. Maybe I was just really used that I’m the one who will do it to others.

 

 

“Hello Auntie!” I greeted Siwon’ mom. Why is she calling me right now. It’s almost dinner time. I wish she won’t ask me to eat with her. I’m tired because of all the packing I did earlier. I didn’t brought all my things but just the important ones. I didn’t ask help from the girls or my mom because I don’t want them to know that I will really live with Siwon. I’ll just wait that they’ll discover it their selves. “Honey, are you with Siwon right now?” Siwon’s mom said from the other line. What should I answer her? I asked myself. “I’m not with him. Why? Is there something wrong? You can’t contact him?” I asked her. “Well, he told me that you’ll move in today and that he’ll fetch you. Actually, I arranged a dinner for both of you but I cancelled it. I decided that you should ask Siwon to cook for you instead of going out. I told you this because I know that he would just bring you to another restaurant.” She said from the other line. I smiled at myself. I really want to eat homemade food right now. “Sure Mommy but I think Siwon is kind of tired.” I said. I don’t want to ask him to cook for me if he’s tired. Maybe the food will turn out to be a disaster in a plate. I’m hoping that he isn’t really tired because I want him to cook for me. “Just ask him to cook for you Hyo. I think he is almost there at your condo. Wait for him and don’t carry any of your things. Let him carry it.” Siwon’s mom said and I chuckled. “I’ll boss him around if I could.” I said. “Honey, you’ve been bossing each other since then.” She replied then giggled. We’ve bossing each other? I don’t think so. I thought to myself. “I’m not aware of that.” I replied honestly. “Yeah, you’re not aware of the most obvious thing.” She remarked. “What?” I questioned. “What do you mean Auntie?” I asked again. “Nothing. I have to go. Tell Siwon to cook delicious food and also, make sure that he would clean your place.” She said. “Your place? My place?” I asked though confused. “Your place which means his and your place.” She said then ended the call with a giggle. I didn’t even say goodbye to her. I put my phone inside my pocket then went to the kitchen to get some water. After a glass of water my phone buzzed then I fished it out of my pocket. “Yes?” I asked Siwon. He is the one on the other line right now. “I’m outside your building. Just bring some of your clothes then the rest of the things, I’ll just ask someone to fetch it there then deliver it to the penthouse.” He informed. “What? We’ll leave in your pent house?” I asked him. “No. Just come down already. I’m starving.” He complained. “Okay, I’ll be there.” I said then ended the call. I went to my room to get my luggage. Everything that I’ll use for my day-to-day life is there. I’m sure I can spend the night at Siwon’s just only with it. He said that he’ll just send someone to get my other not-so-important stuffs so I don’t need to be worried.

 

“Where shall we eat?” He asked me as I handed him my luggage. “You’ll cook for me. That’s what your mom said.” I said then went to the passenger’s seat while he was settling my luggage inside the car. “Can you repeat it?” He asked me as he sat on the driver’s seat. “Well, you will cook for me.” I said then grinned and faced the road in front of me. “I’ll promise I’ll cook for you some other time but please not today. I’m really tired and starving to death.” He pleaded. I stared at him for good 10 seconds and smiled. “No. You’ll cook for me right after we went out of this car and anytime I want.” I declared. “Okay, I’ll cook for you anytime you want not just today. Let’s just eat outside.” He pleaded again. “Okay but anytime I want. Is that clear?” I asked him. He glanced at me and saw his eyes glinted. “Of course. Anytime except office hours or if I’m on a business trip or outside the country.” He said. That’s obviously not included. He can’t cook for me and let me eat it if he is on the other side of the globe. “Cool. So, where do you want to eat?” I asked him. “You’ll cook for me.” I shot him a murderous glare. “No.” I said. I’m not in the mood for cooking. “Let’s just go with the fast food chain we ate last time.” Siwon said then started driving. I really knew it. He liked it there. “We can’t go out like this.” I said then look at our clothes. I’m wearing a simple high-waist shorts and a black crop top while he was wearing an Armani. I’m sure we’ll get all the attention because of him. “Why are you wearing that? Everyone’s eyes will be on you.” He complained about my clothes. “With some cap and glasses, I would look like I’m not me while you. You’ll look like a guy who just came out of the magazine and everyone will really recognize you.” I retorted. “You also look like you just came out of the magazine. It’s not only me.” He mumbled. “Yeah, whatever.” I replied. “What’s the use of the drive thru then if we will only argue about this?” He said. “Just drive.” I said then he focused on driving while I focused on checking my friends’ SNS accounts. I haven’t met them since the day after Siwon’s birthday and I honestly miss them.

 

“Buckets of chicken? Seriously?” I asked Siwon. He bought 2 buckets of chicken from the fast food and some desserts. “Yeah, because I know that you eat like a monster.” He said. I hit his arm and groaned. “I don’t eat like one! It’s just that I eat a lot but not like a monster.” I explained. “Whatever you say.” He replied. I looked at the street we are passing by and realized that the path we are taking is not the way to his penthouse. “Are you really sure when you said that we won’t live at your penthouse?” I questioned him. “Yes” He answered me. “Where will we live then?” I asked. “We’re on our way there. Just wait.” He said. He can tell me the address. “By the way, Sooyoung and the girls are nagging about you. They said that if you won’t show yourself to them soon. They won’t attend the wedding.” I snorted at what Siwon said. “So what if they won’t attend the wedding? No wedding will ever occur.” I said. He suddenly stomped on the car’s break and caused my face to almost hit the window in front of me. “What?” I barked at him asking why he did it. “I’m sorry.” He apologized. “We’re here.” He said then went out of the car. I looked at outside and saw a huge building. This is a condo. We’ll live here? We can just live at my condo though mine is quite smaller than the units here. I heard that there are units here who have a second floor which means it is bigger than mine. “We’ll live here?” I asked him as I went out. “Yeah” He replied and pulled my luggage on the way to the entrance of the building. I’m trailing behind his back until we reach the elevator. “Why are you behind me? Walk BESIDE me.” Siwon complained and emphasizing ‘beside’ as we enter the elevator. “Hot tempered.” I mumbled beside him. “I’m not. I’m just hungry. That’s it.” said Siwon. It was almost a whisper and he heard it? I thought. “The chicken smells good.” I commented when I smelled the bucket of chicken in my arm. “We’re here.” Siwon said then I looked up to look at what floor we are in. “62nd?” I asked myself. It’s too far from the ground but I think I can manage. I don’t have a phobia of heights or something so it’s fine but I don’t want to stand with strangers in the elevator side by side for too long. “Are you coming or what?” I snapped back to reality as I heard Siwon voice. He was standing in front of me but he is only outside the elevator. He is putting his hand in the elevator’s door to avoid it to be closed. “Oh” I uttered and started my pace so does Siwon.

 

After few seconds of walking we reached to a door along the hallway. “This is it?” I asked then he nodded. He punched the password so that it would be unlocked. We entered the unit and as expected, it’s beautiful. I mean, I also live in a condo but this unit is far from mine. Maybe clutter and I are bestfriends so my unit is not as good to look at unlike this. “How is it?” Siwon asks. “It’s good but I’m sure that we can’t spend time here. You’ll be at your penthouse or somewhere while I’ll be at home or stay late at night in the office.” I said. That’s true because we’re both busy. Every time I have a new collection, I barely spend time with my friends because of it how much more with Siwon who is much busier than me. He also doesn’t have time for annoying stuffs such as me and the wedding. I’m annoying and I know that. “What?” He asked and sat on the couch. “I’ll prepare for the plates that we’ll use for dinner.” I said ignoring his question.

 

I went to the kitchen and searched for plates and spoon and fork. “It’s good that it has already the things that we need.” I commented as I sat on the couch across Siwon and settled the things that are in my hands. “You don’t want to eat on the dining table?” I asked him and he shook his head. He’s really hungry. I thought to myself. “Alright.” I said as I pushed a plate to him. He took it and put chicken and rice on it. I smiled as he started eating. “You skipped meal don’t you?” I pointed out. “Yeah, I’m quite busy.” Siwon answered me after a mouthful of chicken. “I’m a busy person too but I never skipped meals.” I said. He was about to open his mouth but he stopped himself. Do you have time tomorrow?” After seconds, Siwon asked, still eating. “I think I have.” I answered him and sat up to reach for a chicken. “That’s good because your mom asked us to go to a certain place. I think we’ll move our other stuffs too.” He informed me. I turned to him and stared. “If we will only move our things, why do we have to go to that place that my mom said?” I asked him. “I don’t know actually but that’s what she said. You know I can’t say no to your mom.” Siwon said. Yes, he really can’t. My mom has that effect on him that he can’t say no to her. Siwon loves my mom so much. "So you only have few things that are present?" I asked him then he nodded. "I only asked one of the maids to pack few things first because I'll get the others if I have time." I nodded slowly at his response. "I know it's still early but I want to rest. So, where should I sleep?" I asked him while standing up. "Let me finish eating first." He answered. "Fine, you'll wash the dishes then." I said. "What?" Siwon complained. "It's final. You'll wash. Maybe you can do the laundry sometimes too. You know I don’t want maids around the house." I said. It's really okay for me to have maids. I just want to see how will Siwon act when he will do it. I want to see what will his future wife would see someday. Somebody like Siwon is unpredictable we don’t know maybe he'll be a really good husband. I know that after we explain everything to our parents, I can’t boss around Siwon anymore. Everything will be back to normal again. "Fine" Siwon said looking defeated. "Why are you busy by the way?" I asked him as I sat again to the nearest chair to me. "Business and the Wedding. They are really asking me a lot of things about it. Why? Your mom isn’t bothering you about it?" He asks me then I nodded. "She’s not even contacting me. I haven’t talk to her for days now." I said. "They planned that the wedding will be month from now and I don’t know what to do." Siwon confessed. "So do I" I retorted. "Can we just tell them that we are not really together and everything was just a misunderstanding? It' quite stressing already." I uttered. "I don’t think so. It will ruin our image.” He sat up and cleaned the table. He then went to the kitchen. He really did it. The great Siwon is washing the dishes for me. I sat up and went to follow Siwon. When I reached where he is, he is really washing it and he’s not even wearing gloves. He is washing it with his own bare hands. “You won’t wear apron and gloves?” I asked him and went beside him. “No. I’m tired. I want to finish this fast for us to sleep.” He answered me not even glancing at me. He really wants to finish it. “What’s the paint of my room?” I questioned I hope it is what I expected. “Something white, blue, and green.” He answered me. My eyes grew big with what he said. “Yes!” I exclaimed. I just got the colors I wanted. “I’ll look around. I know I can reach it eventually.” I said and left him.

 

As I started walking off to my room which I don’t know where, I saw staircase going up. As expected, the unit he bought has a second floor in it. I change my pace and made my way to the staircase. The unit is really beautiful even the stairs. When I reached the second floor of the unit, I saw a door nearby so I opened it and base on the color and its accents, it is my room. Without hesitation, I went directly to the bed and dived on it.

 

“Hyoyeon.” I heard Siwon voice. “Hey” I heard his voice again. “Wake up.” He hissed. I slowly sat on the bed and observed the surroundings. I’m still in my room. “Get ready we’ll leave by 8.” I glared at him then sighed. “Why do we need to leave that early?” I groaned. “I’ll go to the office later. Can we just do it after I’m done there?” I questioned. “Your mom called; she said that she will just do it for you. My mom also informed me that she cancelled all my meetings and appointments today.” What do they need from us? Does moving stuffs take whole day? I thought to myself. “Did you cook already?” I questioned him as I sat up from my bed and walked to the CR. “I did.” He answered after I closed the CR’s door. Anticipating for Siwon’s cooking, I immediately started my morning routine. When I was done, I went out of my room and saw Siwon sitting at the couch casually. “Have you eaten?” I asked him then walked by pass him. “I’m waiting for you.” He answered as he followed me to the table. We sat across each other silently as we started eating. “How was your sleep?” Siwon questioned. “Good” I answered quietly. “Yeah, you didn’t even change.” He commented. “Duh, the bed was really tempting.” I retorted. “Just eat. We have to leave early.” He said then I went back to eating. “Do we really have to follow my mom? What will we do?” I asked. “We have to. That’s what they said.” I rolled my eyes drastically and sat up. “Let’s wash the dishes when we get back here. I’ll get my phone in my room. Get ready.” I commanded and left off to my room. I don’t want to go to what my mom said.