Chapter 1

TO HIM WHOM I DIDN’T NOTICE

Chapter 1

 

HYOYEON'S POV

 

 

“Hyoyeon!” I turn around and saw Sooyoung with a hand full of paper bags. “What is that?” I asked her. “Help” She mumbled so I extended my hand to grab some of the paper bag. “Balloons?” I asked as I peeped on one of the paper bags that I’m holding. “Yeah, you know that tomorrow is Siwon's birthday right?” I stared at her and smiled. “I’m sorry but I forgot.” I replied.

“You forgot but you know when?” She questioned and I nodded. “Your brother won’t like the balloon thing.” I commented. “I know but mom asked me to plan about it. Mom said that Eros should celebrate his birthday because he’s not getting any younger and he has been doing well as the company’s CEO.” Sooyoung answered. “Would the party be huge?” I asked as we started walking. “I don’t think so. It would just be us, his friends and family. Mom should have a planner to take care of everything.” She said like nagging. “But you have to. Your mom wants you to do it. Maybe a gift for Siwon.” I replied. “A gift? Might as well make it worth it because I’ll never give him a gift ever again.” Sooyoung proclaimed. “We’ll see about that.” I smirked at her. I know she will give something to her brother. She loves her siblings so much. “I asked the other girls to help and that means all of us should be there.” She said as we open the car’s door. “I have a meeting later.” I said as I sat on the driver’s seat. “It would be really fast. Can you just ask your secretary to do it for you?” She asked me while glaring at me. “Sooyoung, you know that it’s hard for me to do that.” I reasoned out. “It won’t be hard. Just tell her that it’s an emergency.” She said and I sighed. I really can’t do that because it’ll about launching of a new line. “I promise I’ll do anything you want next time. Just don’t let me model my own designs.” I said and I heard her laugh. “That’s a deal then. Eight dares for the 8 of us.” She concluded. “What? One for you, one for Taeyeon, for Yuri, for Sunny, for Seohyun, one for Yoona, for Jessica, and Tiffany?” I asked her and saw her nodded. “Hell no! I can’t do 8 dares at the same time!” I complained. “It would be one at a time. We would really think about it.” She smiled wickedly. “I don’t like that smile.” I mumbled as I start the engine.

 

“I’ll just drop you here. I need to go to the office. Something came up.” I lied. I just want to go early to the office. I really want to read the proposal about the new line. “Alright then. Just help me put the paper bags inside the house.” Sooyoung replied. “Okay.” I said as I went out of the car and proceeded to get some paper bags. “Get this. I’ll just follow you and bring the others that are left.” I replied then she left me. I went to get the things which is still in my car and went inside. I entered the spacey living room and put the paper bags on the table together with the paper bags that Sooyoung carried earlier. I looked around and smiled as I remember the memories that I have in this house.

 

My eyes caught Siwon, Sooyoung's older brother coolly walking down in the staircase. “Hey” His voice cracked. I smiled and just nod at him then I went to check on the paper bags if it’s already complete. “Sooyoung!” I called her. “She’s at her room.” Siwon answered as he sat on the couch while folding his office shirt just below his elbow. “Just tell her that I already went.” I said then started walking off to the front door. “Want to eat or something?” Siwon spoke before I could open the enormous double door in front of me. “No thanks. Just inform your sister.” I answered without looking back.

 

I’m currently driving off to my condo. I just finished the meeting then I immediately went out because I was stressed and I don’t know why. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket so I fished it out. I look at my phone’s screen and saw Yoona’s caller ID. “Hey Yoong!” I greeted her. “Is your phone on silent mode again?” She asked me not even greeting me back. “It’s not really silent. I just put on vibrate mode. I had a meeting earlier.” I answered. “You shouldn’t do that. We know that you don’t care about your phone then you won’t answer our calls then your reason will be ‘I’m sorry; I didn’t notice your calls’ and etc.” Yoona said while mimicking my voice. “So, why did you call?” I asked her. “Well, we decided to go clubbing later.” She replied then I looked at my wristwatch. “It’s still 5PM. What time will you guys meet?” I questioned. “By 7, we will meet at Sooyoung’s to have a dinner then after the meal, we will be off to the club.” She said. “I can’t go.” I said. “You have to!” She exclaimed and I giggled. “Okay I’ll go but I need to leave early. I have tons of things to do tomorrow.” I said and checked the time. “Alright! See you later and wear something dark. We decided to go color coding tonight.” She said then I just rolled my eyes. “I’ll wear dark then you guys will wear something white or pastel. I know you guys.” I said. “We’re not playing pranks. We just really decided to wear something dark. One more thing, who the will wear pastel colors to club?” She asked full of sarcasm. “You!” I retorted then I heard her laugh like she’s out of her sanity. “That was long time ago.” She answered as I shook my head. When we were still college, the es invited me to go clubbing and when I reached there, I saw them with all the pastel stuff including the shoes and bags. They looked mad back then. I was wearing a simple top and jeans and they were so girly plus the huge girly ribbons or clips on their head. “We will have our dinner at Choi’s later. Remember that.” She said from the other line. “Okay. Hung up now.” I said and waited for her to end the call. After she bid my goodbye to me she then ended the call.

 

“Hey sugar!” I was greeted by Minho, Sooyoung’s younger brother who is a total sweet talker. “Hey kid” I greeted him back and tapped his head. “Don’t do that Hyoyeon. I’ll look like a kid.” He complained while styling his hair back to what it was. “Because you really are.” I smiled at him and pinched his left cheek. “Ouch!” He exclaimed. “Stop over reacting. I know you aren’t hurt.” I said and started walking off to Sooyoung’s room. “Where are the girls?” I asked as I realized that someone is behind me and I think its Minho. “Erika’s room” Answered a deeper and huskier voice than Minho’s. I shot a look at my back and was startled as I bumped into a hard yet soft thing. I took a step backwards as I realized that it wasn’t Minho based on the built and height. I look up to see the man’s face and saw expressive eyes which I don’t know what is currently in it. I can’t make up what he is thinking right now. “Oh, Siwon.” I finally found my voice. “Hyo.” He answered shortly. “Sorry. I have to go to Sooyoung’s room. Uh, sorry again.” I said. I mentally slapped myself because I stuttered. I never stuttered in front of him since I met him and that was decades ago. I was still at primary school back then and I happen to be classmates with Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona, Taeyeon, Seohyun, Sunny, and Jessica. Our parents are close friends so they planned and sent us to the same school and Siwon was a 3rd grader I think. All I could say is that we have a 3 or 4 years gap. “Be careful next time and look back for you to know who’s following you.” He said and I just nod at him then started walking again.

 

“You’re late!” exclaimed Jessica. “At least I came here.” I replied and laughed. “Shut up because for all I know, you are already hungry!” yelled Sooyoung. I glared at them and sat on the couch. “You pigs!” I yelled at them jokingly. “Can we eat now?” I asked then all of them laughed. “You are the pig Hyoyeon.” Said Taeyeon. “Whatever! Let’s just eat.” I said and pulled them one by one out of the room. “Are you guys ready?” I asked them as we started walking to the dining area. “Yes we are but we’ll leave by 9. That’s what they said. I didn’t really care. All I want is to drink.” Yuri answered who is walking beside me. I rolled my eyes. “Don’t tell me your tolerance for alcohol got a lot better.” I asked then she slapped me on the arm. “We want to get wasted because we don’t want to help Sooyoung tomorrow.” She whispered then I glance at Sooyoung who is now settling herself to eat. “You mean you guys planned this?” I asked then she nodded as she pulls a chair. “What the ” I cursed to myself. I shifted my façade to face Seohyun. “You planned to get wasted for you not to help her? Who will drive your cars?” I asked her in a low voice. “You’ll drive. We will only bring one car.” She whispered then I gave her a ‘what-the-hell’ look she grinned then nodded. “You guys are heavy.” I complained and her grin grew wider. “That’s not our problem.” She answered and winked at me then I groaned. “Where is Minho?” I suddenly blurted out. Usually, if we eat here, Sooyoung’s brothers will eat with us and sometimes their parents also but it would be rare because they are usually out of the country. “I don’t know.” Sooyoung answered. “Let’s just eat. We need to get there fast. I heard the club will have an event though I don’t have any idea about it.” She added then we started eating.

 

 

“You’ll pay for this.” I cautioned my bestfriends. We are now in the club and they are so persistent to include me to this silly game that the club has tonight. Because they were annoying as hell, I gave up and warned them with all my might. Whatever happens to me here, I’ll make sure they’ll regret that they let me join. I’m the wall flower kind of person and now I’m here allowing myself to be dragged by one of the staffs off to a private room. A staff earlier said that they will just bring us (the other girls) to a room first and there, they will explain everything. We reached the second floor and I looked back to see the other girls who gladly joined and some are forced to join walking behind me with a staff with each of them. Why am I the first one? I asked myself. “Please enter the room Miss then sit on one of the chairs.” The staff said as he open the door for us. I checked the room and it’s just like some other private room in the club. “Join us here.” A pretty girl said as she pat the chair next to her. I smiled and gladly took the seat. The other girls who were behind me also took the seats next to each other’s. “You guys volunteered?” I asked the two girls who were already inside as we, the girls who came downstairs arrive. “No, a friend of mine bugged me to join.” The girl who invited me to seat answered. “I volunteered though I don’t really know where is this going.” The girl next to girl number 1 answered and flashed a bright smile. “Cool.” I commented as a woman walked in front of us. “Hello ladies.” She started. “As you all know, every month we have an event or should I say activity. So for this month, we decided to get 15 girls who are single and ready to mingle to have a blind date with 15 guys who are also ready to mingle and are also single.” She said. I sighed as I heard her. “So, we will randomly usher you to the guys who will be your date for tonight and after that, we won’t deal with you anymore. It depends on you if you want to continue your date or just go back to your friends who are downstairs and spend the night with them.” She added. I smiled as she said that we should stand up for us to meet our dates. “Ladies, you will meet your dates at the VIP party hall at the 3rd floor.” The woman said as she hands us numbers one by one. “Here” She said when she reached me and handed me a circle thing that has a 3 on it. I look at the girl beside me and she got 7. Maybe this is the number which can help us determine who will be our partner. I thought to myself and started walking as the girls ahead of me did.

 

We entered the party hall and saw tables and couches that have numbers with it. This is silly. Why did they put tables? We’re here to party or so I thought. I started walking further and saw number 3 on the table at the corner of the room. I smiled as I realized that in that corner, the music won’t be that loud and it would be far from everyone’s eyes except the people who have the table near it. I walked to the table and clearly saw a guy’s back facing me. I inhaled deeply and collected my confidence to face him. If it would fail, I will really nag to the girls who I’m sure are partying hard downstairs. This night would really be a long night. I have to deal with this man in front of me and drive the girls after. I faked a smile as I walked and sat on the couch across the guy. "Hyo-“ I  didn’t finish introducing myself as I clearly saw the guy’s face who will be my date for tonight. I could also evidently see shock on his face. “Hey” I greeted him and slouched on the couch. “I didn’t know you would join this silly thing. All of them volunteered for you?” He asked then sipped alcohol in his glass. I nodded then stole the glass from his hand and sipped from it. “Thank you” I said as I put the glass to the table. I lean on my seat and stared at him. “Why did you join?” I suddenly asked. “The guys set me up.” He answered and removed his suit leaving him in a white long sleeves shirt. He then folded it below his elbow. He’s been doing that these days. I thought. “Hey Siwon, I really thought I’ll meet some s tonight since it’s you whom I suppose to date, can I take a nap here? And also, if you happen to get bored, you can wake me up and inform me that you’ll leave. I don’t want to stay downstairs. The girls will bombard me with questions. One last thing, can you look after the girls downstairs? Just check on them. Maybe they’ll get wasted so I can bring them home.” I said and closed my eyes and leaned more on my seat. “That was long” I heard Siwon’s almost faint voice. “Pardon?” I asked him still closing my eyes then crossed my arms in my chest. I heard him cleared his throat then spoke “Do you want me to drive you home? I’ll just come back here to fetch them.” He asked and I shook my head. “No need, I’ll just take a nap.” I answered instantly. “You want to sit beside me and lean on me for you not to have some stiff neck later or something? You seem to have a hard time there.” He said I opened my eyes and sat up. I looked at him and saw excitement and happiness in his eyes. Maybe his waiting for someone? I thought. I took his suit from the arm chair and sat back. “I’ll borrow this for a while. People might see me droll and all. I’ll just cover my face.” I said as I position myself back and covered my face with his suit. I smelled his perfume and smiled. “You smell good” I throw a compliment at him and closed my eyes. “Thank you but Hyoyeon, you can take a cat nap in this atmosphere? Loud music and aroma of alcohol surrounding you?” He asked. “Yeah” I replied in a drowsy voice.

 

“SIWON! What did you do?” Yelled Sooyoung. I immediately recognized her voice. She yelled and that woke me up from my nap. “SIWON!” Sooyoung hissed but I continued to ignore her. “What do you want?” Siwon asked her. I’m still covering my face with Siwon’s suit so I can’t see them. I immediately took the suit out of my face and was surprised by Siwon’s face inches away from mine. Because of my stupid reflexes, I pushed him back and he stumbled a little. Fortunately, I caught his harm to make him steady. When he regained his composure, he sat up there with all his glory looking down at me. I stand up and he gripped on my arm to help me. I nod at him to say my thank you to him. “What exactly did you do Siwon? Did you get her wasted?” Sooyoung asked as she pulled me away from his brother. “Actually, he didn’t. We were supposed to date each other so I decided to take a nap. I asked him to wake me up when he’ll leave and I guess you came up so here we are.” I defended Siwon. “What the heck Hyoyeon! It wasn’t a nap, it was already sleep. It’s 2AM in the morning.” Sooyoung snapped. I looked at Siwon and shot him a questioning look and he just shrugged. “We’ve been waiting for you downstairs. All the girls got wasted.” Sooyoung complained and I smiled victoriously. Their plan worked. I said to myself inwardly. “Let’s send them home.” I said and saw Sooyoung nodded.

 

“Just stay at my place it’s near here.” Siwon suddenly spoke behind me and Sooyoung. “Your penthouse?” Sooyoung asked enthusiastically and I saw Siwon nodded as he reached our pace. “Are you sure?” Asked Sooyoung and again, Siwon nodded. “Those girls are heavy and it would be shame to not help you guys.” Siwon said and Sooyoung hugged her brother. “Thankies bro” Sooyoung said to her brother and Siwon just nodded at her.

 

“You’re heavy” I said to Sunny as I drag her to the car that we used earlier. “Is everyone already here?” Sooyoung asked and I looked at my friends who are sitting at the car’s seat like they just lost their sanity. I laughed as I saw their faces. I don’t know how to say this but they all look hilarious to me. “I’ve seen you guys since you started clubbing and I would say this is the worst though you and Hyoyeon isn’t there, joining your friends in that condition.” I heard Siwon's voice as he spoke with his sister. I looked at them then Sooyoung snapped. Literally. “Alright! I’ll drive them to your penthouse Siwon.” She said. “I’ll drive Sooyoung. Just go with your brother.” I said as I started walking off to the driver’s side of the car. “NO” Sooyoung protested. “Here. Drink it. It’s just a can of beer but I assure you, it’s yummy.” Sooyoung said mischievously. “I don’t like that smile.” I mumbled. “Go now guys, when you arrive there, make sure that the girls will have a proper bed or place to sleep.” Sooyoung said then shoved me away from the car’s door. “Go!” She yelled and I stomped my feet going to Siwon’s car. Siwon went to the driver’s side and looked back to check on Sooyoung. I also turn around to see Sooyoung winking at Siwon. “God Bless brother” Sooyoung said and winked again. I rolled my eyes and stepped in the car. “So, I’ll be a driver tonight.” Siwon commented while closing the door next to him. I ignored him and went out of the car and sat to the passenger’s seat next to him. “Happy?” I asked as I sat. “It doesn’t really mean that you’re a driver or something.” I said and took a sip at the canned beer that Sooyoung gave. “It tastes like something.” I mumbled. “Let me check.” Siwon said and was about to snatch away from me but I shoved to my throat again. “Really something.” I said as I glanced at him. “Don’t be so alcoholic.” He said and successfully snatched the beer from my hand and threw the beer outside the car. “Okay Dad.” I commented then leaned on my seat. “Say something” I broke the silence. He hasn’t said a word since the last word I said. “I’m sleepy again.” I mumbled and sat on my seat and looked at the view outside the car.

 

I felt a hand on my shoulders which caused me to stir from my sleep. “Hey” Siwon said as he shakes my shoulders. “We’re here.” He said as I open my eyes and saw his face. “Oh.” I mumbled and went out of the car. I groaned as I feel sting in my head. I massage it and followed Siwon. I’ve been here in his penthouse plenty of times. Sometimes, he would even cook for us. We entered his penthouse and I immediately sat on the couch as I feel the throbbing pain in my head worsen. “Where will you let the girls sleep?” I asked him in a hoarse voice. “There are 3 unoccupied rooms here and I think they can fit there.” He answered. “Is it ready to be used?” I asked him. “Yeah, I usually ask my housekeeper to clean in case something might come up and someone will stay here.” He answered. “Are you alright?” He asked me and I nod at him. “I think” I murmured. “I think Sooyoung did something to you drink.” He said as he sat beside me. “You can rest now. I’ll just wait for Sooyoung and the girls here. I assume, some of your people can help her bring the girls here right?” I asked. “Yes, I asked them to help her.” He answered. I ignored him and closed my eyes on my seat. My head really hurts and I feel so tired and all.