My Confidence

Give Me a Reason

This was a hard chapter to write and one of my rather shorter ones, I have been broken and stuck in a deep depression and even more so in bed, I wanted to get away even if it meant mentally walking away from my story which eventually led to some even sadder events occuring. This story is fictional, based on my imagination and my interpertations of real people. I do not own people and only hope to entertain. These stories have nothing to do or involved with actual people so please do not think this is in relation to anyone with the same names or if any events have happened close to this, it is purely imaginative. Thank you for reading my stories even with my various absences and hiatus. Do enjoy!


 

“What?” said Jinhwan. For a moment Bobby felt his adrenaline rush and his ears being filled with a high pitched screech. 

 

Hanbin stood up a bit to fast and fell back onto the chair. “HANBIN!” yelled jinhwan, bobby and yunhyeong. 

“I-I am okay… just got up to- to fast.” He said quietly. Everyone let out a small relieved sigh. 

 

“So, do you plan on doing the performance?” Bobby asked B.I directly.

 

Hanbin slightly raised his head, his eyes meeting Bobby’s. For that moment Bobby felt like he was unable to read his friend at all, there was something and nothing all at once. For the times he had been able to read B.I’s emotions, thoughts as if they were connected, gone. Hanbin on the other hand felt as if a wave of information and emotions had been washed through him.

 

“I- I will go… I just need to go get changed. That's why I was getting up, sorry if I scared you.” Hanbin slowly got up again, dropping the blanket on the chair and walked toward the room with his clothes.

 

“Bobby, I don’t know everything going on but, you will have to actually talk to him eventually-” Jinhwan began, only to be stopped but Junhoe.

 

“Jinhwan, if there was anything I learned about Hanbin it is that he will never tell me what he is really thinking. I could never read him even if I told myself I could. Just as you all have no idea what is going on inside my head… He has to be the one to tell me and only he knows what's true- no not even he himself knows, how can he when he can't remember.” Bobby got up from his chair and picked up the half eaten plates that have been untouched for the past hour.

 

Junhoe went to Jinhwan to calm him down, from the looks of the guy he looked like his last nerve had been pinched. “Don’t, don’t say things you clearly can’t handle. Whether it is true or not. He is our leader, but he is also the youngest of us and you can’t do that to him, not you.” Jinhwan rasped, pushing Junhoe away far enough to avoid any harm. Within that same moment he left the room and the group could hear the closing of the dorms front door.


 

Hanbin closed his door moments after hearing the dorms door closing. He leaned against his door everything feeling empty. His one purpose, to write music, be the studios puppet… as always the leader needing to be strong. Surrounded by people he has known for so long. Humans, all of them so human and having to appear as gods. After that accident the confusions became clear. Taken to the initial time he was faced with the very same decision to make a deal with the devil in order to do what he thought he loved… But now what? What did this even mean, with everyone he once trusted tearing each other apart. Knowing them had been such a joyous occasion once. But they began to villinize each other… enough to use what they knew against one another. 

 

Hanbin slowly got up and dragged himself to his closet. Putting on some clothes as has been his daily routine recently. The stench from previously worn clothes spread in the room and he frankly hated it all. The enclosed space he was confined to the endless wirings in his mind to create- endless creation to please the masses, and those in charge for money. For something that has written value but in the vast time eventually would become useless. When was the end of an era, to truly have happiness? 

 

Hanbin hit the back of his head a few times lightly with his hand, the fresh tears evident of this questionable reality he was stuck in. The promise of a life so full of happiness to be sapped away, and for what- he knew that wasn’t going to be answered. He picked up what he could with ease, took out some of his writings that he could use to write on for more inspiration. He looked one last time around his room which was far from how he wished it to be and walked out the door. The dorm was so much more quiet then it had been in a while. He walked around in a few places but from what he remembered they too had quickly changed. He went into the living room only to find Bobby there.

 

“H-hey. If you are ready, let's head out, all the others are in the car.” Bobby said standing near the door. Hanbin simply looked at him for a moment a nodded.

 

Bobby figured now was a good time as ever, “Hanbin-” To that Hanbin half coughed, bobby sighed. “B.I, I have absolutely no idea how you feel right now. What you are going through. To lose your memory as far as they could figure is, I would say unimaginable. But it did happen, so just know these three things, first of all, you and I dated for a time… somethings happen but I always did love you. Secondly, If you need someone to talk to, whether it is true or not I do not care but I am there to talk. About your music, what you think you're thinking, how you think you feel, if you are in pain or anything. And thirdly… are you really ready to perform?” Bobby finished letting the information be heard. He made sure to say it as calmly and slowly enough to grasp everything.

 

Hanbin let a small smile slip onto his face, “If I do, which I am sure I always have needed, can you do one thing for me?” Hanbin asked a tear falling from his eye. 

 

“Anything,” Bobby replied. 

 

Hanbin let out a chuckle, “stop me, talk to me, do it first. For once realize we both are stubborn and say something first… to me at least. I know I seem like a solid foundation and made of steel but honestly, I really am the weakest person you will find. The only people I can trust anymore are you guys. You all mean the world to me and I could never do something to break what we barely managed to grab on to. Okay?” Hanbin asked.

 

Bobby rushed over to him, seeing his brief slip and held onto his arms. “Hanbin, Okay, okay. I will. Lets go get in the car, we can talk on the way there and later after the performance, here is some water. Also, thank you…”