Five; Minseok

Sing For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five; Minseok

 

The first boy that I ever fell in love with was Kim Minseok. I was seventeen at the time. Too young? Maybe. But that didn’t stop me. 

Minseok was everything a girl would want in a first love. How we met was kind of a funny story. I was a junior in high school at the time. Minseok was a senior who went to a neighboring school. We actually met because of – believe it for not – Lu Han, the other exchange student who had visited for a semester with Yixing. 

One day, out of the blue, I got a line message from Lu Han, asking me if I could help him deliver a birthday surprise to a friend he had made while he was in Korea. Apparently, Lu Han had joined a local soccer team during his time here, and made a best friend by the name of Minseok. 

I agreed, of course, always happy to help. Lu Han mailed the gift to my house and one chilly March afternoon, I headed to the café Lu Han had directed me to, in search of this Kim Minseok. Café eXo was probably inspired by the Coffee Prince trend. There were three waiters working that day, in addition to a guy behind the cash register and another making coffee. All five were young, male, and extremely handsome. It was no wonder that the place was mostly full of giggling girls. 

I found a seat near the windows and studied each worker in turn, wondering which one was Kim Minseok. Was it the tall blond near the door? Or the tan boy working the register? Outside, it had started to snow, and I was suddenly glad that I had brought gloves and a scarf out today.

A moment later, a waiter approached me, cheery smile on his face. His nametag read ‘Jimin,’ and he greeted me with a quick bow. After ordering a coffee, I quickly asked him if a Kim Minseok was working today. 

“Minseok hyung is the barista making coffee today,” Jimin said, pointing over his shoulder toward the counter. 

“His shift is over in a few minutes right?” 

Jimin gave me a curious look. “How did you know?”

“Ah, a friend told me,” I replied. “I am passing along an early birthday present. Do you mind telling him to stop by my table when he get off?”

“And your name?”

“Jihyun, but he doesn’t know me.” 

Jimin grinned, eyes crinkling at the corners. “What a strange request, but okay.”

Jimin went to put in my order, and I could see him talking to Minseok, then gesturing toward my table. Minseok looked surprised, but nodded before turning to make the coffee. For the next give minutes, I studied Kim Minseok. He wasn’t very tall, but had some muscle to his slim build. Gentle face, kind eyes; handsome, in a reserved way. I was immediately enchanted. 

I ended up talking with Minseok that day for two whole hours after his shift. He bought me a piece of lemon cake to thank me for delivering the present. We talked about his school, and my school, and about Lu Han. Then, we talked about the TV shows that we both watched, and music that we both listened to. We shared much of the same interests, and had a lot in common. 

By the time we left, it had gotten dark outside. Like a true gentleman, Minseok walked me home to make sure I got back safely. Right before leaving me at my door step, Minseok blushed a pretty pink and asked me for my phone number. It took around another week of constant texting and phone calls before he asked me out on a date. 

We went to Lotte World for our first date. I had always been somewhat of a coaster fanatic and I think Minseok was impressed by my w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter