Ten; The One

Sing For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten; The One

 

Ever since I was little, I have loved to plan things. Maybe it had to do with my Type A personality – I liked knowing what things were happening, when things were happening. If I hadn't become a lawyer, maybe I would have been an event planner. 

However, as much as I loved planning things, I had to say that planning a wedding was not at the top of my favorite things to do. I used to joke that if it were not for the wedding presents, an elopement would be more preferable. However, as my wedding drew closer and closer, I started to think that eloping wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. 

"Except I think your parents would murder you," Yixing replied when I told him. "And then they'll murder me."

I groaned, rubbing at my temples. 

"If she kills me, she'll never have grandchildren. She wouldn't dare."

Yixing laughed, voice light and breezy. "Get some sleep, bride to be. Tomorrow is an important day."

"Where's Lu Han?" I asked nervously. As much as I trusted Yixing…

There was the sound of rustling sheets, as if Yixing was sitting up in bed or something. "He's got the hotel room next door. Do you want to talk to him?"

"No, its fine," I replied at once. "You guys should rest too. I'll see you tomorrow."

After I hung up the phone, I showered and got into bed myself. I was both looking forward to and terrified of the day that was to come. I was getting married, in front of tons of friends and family. They will all see me if I fall on my face. Oh god, what if I fell going down the aisle?

While I hadn't gone down the path to become an event planner, Yixing and Lu Han had. It was kind of weird to imagine Yixing planning anything, because he was so spacey and scatterbrained. He and Lu Han are business partners, and it worked out really well. Yixing had an eye for beauty and art, and Lu Han was meticulous. The two of them normally planned weddings in China, but I wanted my wedding to be special, and what way to make it more special than to entrust my friends to plan it?

Yixing and Lu Han had done a wonderful job. They weren't as familiar with wedding venues in Seoul, but they had connections and friends to draw information from. The location we had decided on was the Grand Hyatt Hotel, in Seoul. Yixing had outdone himself with the ballroom decorations. He sketched it out for me when the idea first came to him, and it was amazing to see it being put in place the days before.

After a cup of warm milk to calm my nerves later, I fell into a comfortable sleep. 



Yixing had brought my hair and makeup team all the way from China, which I thought was kind of ridiculous. 

"I could just find someone here in Seoul to do it," I tried to tell him. 

"He's using it as an excuse to let fly the entire team to Korea," Lu Han told me, rolling his eyes. "Yixing is too nice of a boss. The girls get a 3 day paid trip to Seoul out of this, on company card."

That sounded like something Yixing would do. From what I heard, the partnership had done well, and they'd made a lot of money in the past year. Good, because I'm sure the pair of them needed a fortune to fund their ever expanding array of MCM backpacks. 

The girls curling my hair and doing my makeup were a hoot, and completely compatible with Lu Han and Yixing. They spoke very little Korean but were excited to try their best, testing out phrases they'd learned from Korean dramas. It was all very cute and they fawned all over me and my dress and told me how handsome my fiancé was. As if I didn't already know. 

Just as the girls were finishing up, Sehun burst through the door. He was dressed in his tux, but his tie, as usual, was crooked. His haired was a light blond and styled out of his face, accentuating his sharp eyes. 

"You look nice," I said, waving him over as the hair girls giggled and shot Sehun not so furtive glances. 

"Me? I look like a potato next to you, Ji."

"Potato? You mean…frying pan?" I laughed. 

Sehun rolled his eyes but laughed too. A moment later, Jongin also slipped through the door. 

"Yah, you're not supposed to be in here," Sehun called, immediately trying to shove him out. 

Jongin batted his hands away. "Neither are you," he shot back, skirting past him. 

I tried to turn to look at him, but one of the girl shook her head at me, powderpuff in hand. She held up a finger, meaning one more minute. I let her finish powdering my face, then got up to properly greet both Sehun and Jongin. As I turned, I caught Jongin reaching up to fix Sehun's tie, also rolling his eyes. 

"Ji, guests are going to start arriving soon I think," Jongin told me. "Everything looks terrific out there."

"Yixing is amazing," Sehun agreed. "And Lu Han, for managing Yixing and remembering everything."

"Jihyun's dad is looking for you," Jongin added, tugging at Sehun's sleeve. 

Sehun looked a little confused, but shrugged at me. As he followed Jongin out of the door, he turned and gave me a wink. I remember that little moment they shared, as Jongin was fixing Sehun's tie, and couldn't help but smile to myself. 

After Jongin and I first met, we got along pretty well. At first, that did not amuse Sehun. 

"Are you still seeing Kim Jongin?" Sehun had asked me, rather bluntly.

"Um." I was taken back by his tone for a second. "Yes but no? We had dinner yesterday but no, we're not hooking up. Why, what is this about?"

Sehun frowned at me a little, before shaking his head. "I shouldn't have to say it," he muttered softly. "You're my best friend."

It took me moment, before I understood. "Sehun, Jongin is definitely not gay," I replied. 

From the trembling of Sehun's lip, he already knew. 

I had known for a while about Sehun's preferences, but this was the first time I had really seen him with an interest in anyone. 

"But that doesn't mean it won't work out," I added. Sehun looked like he was about to cry. I pulled him into my arms and hugged Sehun close. Jongin wasn't gay, but apparently, that hadn't stopped Sehun from falling for him. However, from the way that I had seen the two of them interact, it didn't seem all out of question either. Maybe Jongin was biual? Or maybe just also attracted to Sehun. Either way, it was not anything I wanted to get in the middle of. 

I was still not quite sure what those two are to each other now, four years later, or what Jongin's ual orientation was. I think it may be the latter. It didn't seem like Jongin was into guys in general, but he was definitely into Sehun. 

To my surprise, Joonmyun was the one to poke his head in when it was time for me to go. "You're a guest, sunbae," I exclaimed. "Why aren't you seated?"

"Lu Han was looking for Yixing. Basically, Yixing lost his phone and went to look for it, but then kind of got lost himself. They're on their way back, don't worry! They just messaged me to get you ready outside."

Yixing was 100% the type to lose himself. That, I wasn't surprised about. 

Joonmyun let me into the lobby where my dad was waiting before slipping back into the ballroom. 

I had run into Joonmyun again in the strangest of ways. About four years ago, I was given one hell of an opportunity at the law firm. 

The company was starting up a new branch in Daegu. As nice as Daegu sounded, I had no desire to leave Seoul. When I told them, they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. Two years in Daegu, then I was guaranteed a transfer back. The most important part was that if my performance met their target criteria, I was getting a huge promotion. It was the perfect career fast lane, way too good to pass up. 

It turned out that they send another person from the Mapo office. To my surprise, that person was Joonmuun sunbae.

Anyway, Joonmyun knew my fiancé too, so of course he got an invite. 

I have never been all that close to my father, but we've also never fought or had any problems. However, as we waited for our cue to enter the ballroom, he told me that he was very proud of me.

"I've never really had to worry about you, whether it was with your education, or health, or safety. You've always known how to take care of yourself since you were little," he said with a soft smile. 

That was very true, I gues

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter