One; Sehun

Sing For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One; Sehun

 

The first boy I ever found attractive was Oh Sehun. 

I was in the sixth grade at the time, and only twelve years old. A new boy transferred into class one day. I saw long, gangly limbs, dark hair falling over cold eyes, and an apathetic expression before the class started whispering. There was a stir, especially with the girls, because he was our first transfer of the year.  

Oh Sehun was a quiet boy. When the teacher asked him to introduce himself to the class, he was silent for half a minute before slowly explaining that his family had moved into the Gangnam area due to a work transfer and he originally lived north of the Han River. Then, he closed his mouth and just looked at us some more until the teacher told him to take the empty seat next to me. 

He didn’t say more than three words for the rest of the day, and all the girls at school immediately labeled him as the loner kid because he rejected their invitations and sat by himself at lunch. I found out much later that Sehun was actually just kind of shy, not cold. It took weeks for him to warm up to me as his desk mate, and even then, he spoke very little, preferring to listen to me talk instead.  

Eventually, Sehun got comfortable enough to sit with me at lunch, and we quickly became friends. Although he seemed unable to show more than two expressions on his face, I found that Sehun just kept it all inside. 

“I talk with a lisp when I get nervous,” he admitted to finally, after almost a month. “Kids used to tease me when I was little, so I don’t like to talk around people I don’t know.”

“I bet you’re cute even with a lisp,” I blurted. 

Sehun blinked at me, frying pan face on in full expressionless mode. “You think I’m cute?”

See, that was the problem with Oh Sehun back then. It was impossible for me to read him, and I had no idea if he was happy to hear that or not. I probably should have just said yes. Who knows, maybe things would have been different now if I did. But I didn’t. Twelve year old Park Jihyun had no idea how to deal with frying pan face Oh Sehun, and chickened out from fear of rejection. 

“No,” I said, pushing him so hard that he almost fell off the sidewalk. I said the first thing that came to mind, not thinking. “I think you look like a frying pan.”

“Oh.” Sehun looked more confused than offended. He gave me another curious look before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter