Chapter 5

잡아줘 (Hold Me Tight)

Third Person Omniscient POV

      4:00 A.M. Taehyung woke up early that morning. He couldn't sleep much that night at all, he had only gotten about one hour of sleep. He couldn't stop thinking about the previous day. Why had he agreed to sitting with them at lunch? He knew he was just setting himself up to get hurt, they were going to get sick of him eventually and it scared him.
 
     He shouldn't have sat with them.
 
     Taehyung got out of bed and took a shower before changing into his school uniform. It was only 4:30 when he was done getting ready, three and a half hours till school started. There was no point of him going there early, the gates wouldn't even be open yet, but there was no point of staying at home until school started either. Taehyung quietly went down the stairs, grabbing his house key and the money his dad left on the counter along with a list of what to buy. Sticking the list and money into his pocket, Taehyung exited the house.
 
    The young boy of sixteen walked down the streets aimlessly. The sky was still dark since it was so early in the morning. Putting on his headphones, he sat on a wooden bench that was placed randomly against a wall in the middle of the sidewalk.
 
******************************************************************************************************************
    Hoseok started walking towards the school at 5:30. Hoseok had always been an early bird and he had already gotten ready and talked his mom's ear off long enough so he decided to leave early. The boy suddenly stopped when he saw a familiar figure seated on a bench. Hoseok walked towards him as a smile made its way onto his face.
 
    Taehyung jumped slightly when a smiling face suddenly popped up, tilted sideways in front of his face. Taehyung took off the headphones and put them around his neck as he looked at the person who he recognized as Hoseok move his head away from his face to look at his backpack, setting it onto his lap. "Are you an early bird too?" Hoseok asked with a smile.
 
   "U-uh no...just couldn't sleep." Taehyung said quietly, he wasn't even sure if Hoseok would be able to hear his response but he did.
 
   "Ah...one of those nights huh? That . Oh well, now we can keep each other company."
 
   Taehyung sighed. He told himself that he wouldn't talk to them anymore, that he wouldn't let himself get close to them; but once he saw that smile on Hoseok's face...he just couldn't ignore him. "Mm. Yeah..." Taehyung bit his lip and looked down at his hands placed in his lap, he knew that Hoseok would probably start to feel awkward soon and make an excuse to leave.
 
   "What were you listening to?" Hoseok asked with his eyes wide and curious. Taehyung could see the adorble little dimples in the corners of his mouth as he smiled without his teeth and Taehyung almost died of cuteness.
 
   "Uh..." Taehyung hesitated, he really didn't want Hoseok to make fun of him. "Unconditional by Park Sang-Chul..." Taehyung mumbled shyly.
 
    Hoseok couldn't help but let out a small laugh, it was just too cute but he immediatly stopped when he saw the brown haired boy look back down at his lap sadly. "Hey...sorry...I'm not making fun of you. I'm just laughing because it's cute." Hoseok said in a gentle voice. "I think that it's adorable that you listen to trot songs."
 
   Taehyung blushed a light pink color and he was glad that it wasn't completly light out so hopefully Hoseok wouldn't notice he was blushing. "I-it's okay...thanks."
 
   Hoseok and Taehyung had talked for two hours and to Taehyung's surprise, it didn't get awkward and Hoseok even got to hear Taehyung's laugh for the first time; it was the most beautiful laugh he had ever heard and he wanted to witness it a lot more often. Taehyung had been quite surprised himself, he hadn't laughed in a long time, if ever. Hoseok never let things get awkward, he always had something to say and that made Taehyung both nervous and relieved at the same time. He didn't leave like Taehyung thought he would.
 
   Soon enough the two boys had to start making their way towards the school reluctantly. On the way there they met up with the rest of Hoseok's friends. Once they walked into the school, whispers were ensued "What are they doing with the loser?"
 
  "Why is he ruining the perfect view?"
 
   "Don't listen to them." Jin said softly.
 
    "Who does he think he is? I bet he payed them or something." The group looked at Taehyung as the boy suddenly stopped walking. His face showed no emotion but there was sadness in his eyes and it broke Hoseok's heart. Taehyung ran past them, he could hear them calling his name but he didn't care. Taehyung went into the bathroom and locked himself in one of the stalls. Opening his backpack, he reached into the back and pulled out the small container he was looking for that held the little piece of blade.
 
    He rarely ever did this at school, he wouldn't risk it but he just couldn't wait till he got home that day. Taehyung rolled up his sleeves, sighing in content as he slid the blade against his pale skin. Once the bell rang he exited the stall after looking around to make sure no one was in there and  the sink to wash off his arms before drying them off and making his way towards his class, hoping he wouldn't be late again.
 
*****
 
   Taehyung felt eyes on him from the other side of the classroom but he didn't look back at them as he knew it was Hoseok and the rest of the group. Taehyung just kept his eyes on the teacher as she explained the lesson. Taehyung tried to keep focused on what she was saying but it was hard when Jeongki was continuously kicking the back of Taehyung's desk. Suddenly it made a loud bang making Taehyung bow his head down over the desk from the force. "Who's making that noise over there?" Mrs. Lee asked sternly.
 
    "Taehyung is." Minhyuk said from his spot.
 
     "Is this true Taehyung?" Mrs. Lee asked.
 
     "Yes. Sorry Mrs. Lee." Hoseok sighed as he heard Taehyung take the blame.
 
      "It's okay Taehyung just please don't do it again." Taehyung nodded and about five minutes later the same thing happened again. "Taehyung, what did I just tell you?"
 
      "I'm sorry." Taehyung said as he looked down at his desk.
 
      "Mrs. Lee, Taehyung's not doing it. Jeongki keeps kicking his desk." Hoseok said.
 
       "Is this true Jeongki?" Jeongki just shook his head. "Class was he kicking Taehyung's desk?" Much to Taehyung's surprise everyone aside from Jeongki's group said that it was true.
 
      'Wah...they really can make everyone agree to everything they say...' Taehyung thought to himself in amazment.
 
      But it wasn't going to last long because they would get tired of him soon enough.
 
*********************************************************************************************************************
      Later that day, right before lunch,  Jeongki and his group pulled him to the back of the school "Where are your little body guards now huh?" Jeongki taunted.
 
      "Aw they get sick of you already?" Hyuk laughed.
********************************************************
    Taehyung didn't show up at lunch that day. He didn't want them to notice the fresh bruise on his face or his bleeding bottom lip, plus he wasn't really planning on showing up anyways. The rest of the school day Taehyung avoided them and kept his head down to avoid any questioning from the teacher or from them.
 
     Once school was out they ran up to him as he made his way down the street "Where were you at l-" Hoseok stopped mid sentence as he turned him around showing his bruised cheek. "I'm going to kill them." Hoseok said after a moment of silence. His voice was dead serious.
 
     Taehyung stepped away from him "No your not...just... don't do anything." Taehyung mumbled.
 
     "You can't really think we're going to listen to that. There is no way we're letting them get away with hurting you." Yoongi replied.
 
      "I'm serious. Please..." Taehyung sighed "Please...just leave me alone." And with that Taehyung walked away leaving the group to look at his tall figure disappear as he walked further and further away from them.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 Not too sure about this chapter. Sorry if it haha. I hope you enjoy it anyways. c: