Chapter 10

잡아줘 (Hold Me Tight)

   Taehyung's father was going to be away for the weekend. It was no mystery to Taehyung where he was going. Everytime his father went out it was because he was going to a club to mess around with someone. Taehyung just hoped he wouldn't bring them back with him like last time.    ​

 
    Taehyung felt sore all over his body from the previous night. At least he could get away from doing that for the weekend...
 
    The frail boy reached for his phone when he saw it glow with light signaling a message 'Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?'
 
    It was from Hoseok.
 
    Taehyung was about to respond when he got another message 'And before you say "it's nothing" I know it's not already so you don't have to lie. I really think talking about it will help you...'
 
    Taehyung sighed "how did he know I was going to say that?" Taehyung asked himself quietly before typing in a response. 
 
    'It's not something that easy to talk about...it's not that I don't trust you...I just don't really feel comfortable talking about it.'
 
    'Okay...but please tell me when you feel ready. Are you coming over tonight?'
 
    'Alright. Yeah I think so.'
 
    'Okay. But what if your dad finds out again?'
 
    'He's away for the weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if he still found out though...he always seems to know. Ha. Don't worry about it he's just strict it's not like he'll hurt me if he does find out.'
 
    'That's good. Are you sure he's just strict though?'
 
    'Yeah. Don't worry about it.' Taehyung responded before putting his phone to the side. Taehyung drifted off to sleep a while later. He hadn't been getting much sleep lately and he could finally sleep relatively peacefully without his father in the house.
 
    ***
 
    Taehyung woke up from his nap an hour later in a cold sweat. He had a nightmare again...no, no it wasn't a nightmare because it was real. It was just a replay of what had happend the previous nights. The rough hands all over his body, the messy and forced kisses playing over and over again in his thoughts, in his dreams like some sick joke. His life was a living nightmare that he couldn't get out of. He just wanted to wake up from it but he couldn't. He could never escape from it.
 
    Taehyung let out a deep breath and checked his phone to see that it was 6:00 P.M. Taehyung got out of his bed and took a shower before changing into his pajamas which consisted of gray sweatpants and a hoodie despite the heat as he couldn't let him see his scars. Grabbing his bag and house keys, Taehyung went downstairs and out of the house and made sure to text Hoseok that he was ready so that he could pick him up.
 
    "Hey" Hoseok said happily when he pulled up to the usual spot.
 
    "Hey" Taehyung responded with a shy smile and went to sit in the passenger seat.
 
    "Why has your dad gone for the weekend?" Hoseok asked as he drove in the direction of his house.
 
    "Ah...he has bussiness."
 
    "Mm okay...do you want to stay at my place for the weekend then?"
 
    Taehyung's eyes widened at the suggestion and was quiet for a while before responding "A-are you sure that would be okay? You really don't have to let me. I-I'll be fine by myself..."
 
    "I'm positive. I mean I suggested it didn't I?" Hoseok laughed softly. "It will be really fun so how about it?"
 
    "If you're sure...okay" Taehyung said quietly.
 
    "Yay!" Hoseok cheered.  "My parents love having you around as well you know."
 
    "Really? I thought they would hate me considering I freaked out the first time I met them..." Taehyung responded as he rubbed the nape of his neck.
 
    "They could never hate you. And stop thinking about that okay? It's not your fault you had a panic attack and they weren't the slightest bit offended by it. They just worried about you."
 
    "Mm..." Taehyung hummed "well I like them a lot too...they're nice and funny" Taehyung giggled quietly.
 
    "I'm happy to hear that. I'm glad to see that you seem to be feeling a bit better as well" Hoseok smiled softly.
 
    "Mm" Taehyung nodded.
 
    "But still...remember you can talk to me" Hoseok said.
 
    "Mm" Taehyung hummed again.
 
    "You love humming don't you?" Hoseok laughed.
 
    "Mm" Taehyung hummed again with a laugh.
 
    Hoseok rolled his eyes with a smile and pulled up in his driveway "we're here~" Hoseok sang.
 
    "I can see that" Taehyung giggled. 
 
    "Just clarifying" Hoseok pouted.
 
    Taehyung laughed and got out of the car but before he could grab his bag Hoseok had already reached his hand out to carry it himself "c'mon" Hoseok smiled and closed the car door.
 
    "I can carry my own bag..." Taehyung said but Hoseok only ignored him and started walking to his door. Taehyung sighed softly and shook his head before following after him.
 
    "Hello sweetheart" Hoseok's mother smiled warmly in Taehyung's direction.
 
    "H-hello Mrs. Jung" Taehyung said shyly and bowed in greeting.
 
    "Sweetie, I tell you this every time, you can call me mom" She said softly "and no need to be so formal. Can I give you a hug?"
 
    "Y-yeah..." Taehyung said quietly and wrapped his arms around her hesitantly as he she hugged him gently. Even though it was true that she had told him to call her 'mom' dozens of times already, he just couldn't get himself to say it. He wasn't used to being treated so kindly by a motherly figure.
 
   "Oh hello Taehyung" Hoseok's father smiled and pat his head once they had pulled out of their hug. It took all of Taehyung's power to try and not flinch which he thankfully succeeded. He always felt bad when his instincts got ahead of him and he would flinch when they got near him...he didn't want to hurt their feelings so everytime he would try so hard not to. It's not that he didn't like it, it was quite the opposite actually, he just wasn't used to it. It scared him.
 
    "H-hi..." Taehyung stuttered out.
 
    "We made some cookies. Would you boys like some?" Hoseok's mother asked softly.
 
    "Yes!" Hoseok said happily "come on Taehyung~" Hoseok said and dragged Taehyung along to the kitchen.
 
    "I love your cookies" Taehyung said softly.
 
    "I'm so happy to hear that" She smiled and started pouring them glasses of milk to go with their cookies.
 
    "Have either of you heard from Jimin yet on how Jungkook and Yoongi's basketball game is going?"
 
    "Oh trust me Jimin has been texting us non- stop about how great his 'baby Kookie' is doing" Hoseok laughed.
 
    "No surprise there" she laughed and handed over their cookies and milk.
 
    "Thanks for the cookies" Taehyung smiled.
 
    "You're very welcome" She smiled and ruffled his hair "isn't he the sweetest? I wish my son was more like you~" She teased.
 
    "Hey!" Hoseok laughed.
 
    "Only joking~" She sang "no I'm not" She whispered to Taehyung making him giggle.
 
    "I heard that" Hoseok gasped dramatically "this is the kind of treatment I get..." He pouted "let's go TaeTae."
 
    "She wishes you were more like me~" Taehyung teased as they went up to his room.
 
    "Hey..." Hoseok laughed with a pout "Eh I'll let you get away with teasing me only 'cause you're cute."
 
    Taehyung blushed a bright pink color and sat down on the floor of Hoseok's room across from Hoseok.
 
    "Want to watch a movie whilst we eat our cookies?" Hoseok smiled.
 
    "Sure" Taehyung nodded.
 
    "Okay. Want to watch the next Spider Man since you loved the first one I showed you so much?" Hoseok asked with a smile.
 
    "Yeah! I love Spider Man" Taehyung said.
 
    "I know~" Hoseok laughed softly and put in the movie.
 
***
 
     By the time the movie ended, Hoseok could tell Taehyung was starting to get tired "You sleepy Tae?" Hoseok asked softly.
 
    "N...no. I'm wide awake." Taehyung yawned out.
 
    "Sure you are" Hoseok laughed softly and set him on his lap to pet his head "let's get to bed, okay sleepy head?"
 
    Taehyung only nuzzled against him and hummed the slightest bit which Hoseok almost missed because of how quiet it was. Hoseok smiled softly at the sight and stood up with Taehyung in his arms. After setting him down onto his bed, he brought up the covers and laid down next to his now asleep figure. The moonlight shone through Hoseok's curtains and illuminated Taehyung's soft feautures. 'He looks so peaceful when he's asleep...' Hoseok thought to himself. Awake, Taehyung always looked on edge like someone was going to hurt him at any second, anxious, self-conscious. But when he was asleep he looked calm and relaxed and he wished he could always be like that. He wished Taehyung didn't always feel like he had to be on alert.
 
    Hoseok reached out a hand and gently caressed Taehyung's child-like face. He also wished Taehyung could understand really how much he cared about him. He wished he realized that he cared about him just as much as he cared about Hoseok. But Hoseok doesn't believe that he ever will be able to realize just how much he really does.
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 I'm so sorry for not updating in so long. Thank you for all of your sweet comments.  Love you all~