Chapter 12

잡아줘 (Hold Me Tight)
   "...3..." Taehyung took a step forward and closed his eyes ready to feel the impact of hitting the ground  but it never came. Taehyung was suddenly inveloped in a hug 'this doesn't feel like the floor...or did I already hit it? Am I dead?' Taehyung thought to himself. Taehyung opened his eyes hesitantly. He wasn't met by a bright light people had talked about or a concrete floor but with a petite boy who he recognized as Yoongi.
   "What do you think you're doing?" Yoongi asked as he brought him close to his chest and Taehyung burst into tears as he held onto his shirt "It's okay Tae...it's okay" Yoongi said and pat his back. Taehyung cried for what seemed like hours. Taehyung was hardely able to process anything as Yoongi carried him down and handed him over to Hoseok who had tears in his eyes and cradled a sobbing Taehyung into his arms. Namjoon drove them to Hoseok's house as Hoseok sat in the back petting Taehyung's head causing him to fall asleep. Hoseok kissed the top of his head when he noticed and lifted him up into his arms to bring him inside once they had arrived. Hoseok's mother opened the door and guided them all inside.
   "Is everything okay?" she asked softly as Hoseok set him up in his room.
    Hoseok sighed shakily and shook his head, "Taehyung...Taehyung...he...he tried to kill himself"  Hoseok said as his lips trembled.
    His mother's eyes widened and felt her eyes water as she brought her son into a warm embrace. Hours passed and Taehyung was still asleep "the poor thing must be so tired..." Hoseok's mother said softly as they sat around the living room.
   "Mm..." Hoseok hummed as he remembered the video he saw earlier that day that broke his heart into pieces. Taehyung being forced down and tied up as the three men mercilessly pounded into him and played around with him, tears in his eyes. It was not a mystery as to why Taehyung looked so beaten down and lifeless anymore and Hoseok hated himself for not being able to do anything about it. "Mom..." Hoseok started off in a small voice "why are people so mean?" Hoseok asked quietly.
    "That is something I sadly can't answer sweetheart" his mother said softly as she rubbed his back.
    "You.. you k-know how I told you about how p-people bully Taehyung at school?" Hoseok said in a small voice.
    "Yeah..." she nodded as she brought him close.
    "W-well...the first day of school they said something about how his own parents don't even love him...a-and they said a lot of things that led us to suspect that you know...m-maybe he was possibly getting abused by his dad...and T-Taehyung even told us that h-his mother left to g-get away from his father...b-but he convinced us that it w-was just a misunderstanding you k-know? B-but I'm f-finding that r-really hard...no not hard...but impossible to believe right now because what good dad lets their son be forced into a video for m-money?" Hoseok sobbed and looked down at his hands as his mother gasped at what she was being told "and w-why does Taehyung n-never want anyone to c-come to his h-house and why d-doesn't he have counseling for his anxiety and w-why does his d-dad not do a-anything about the f-fact that his son is b-bullied? W-why...w-why does Taehyung look so surprised when you treat him n-nicely and why does he f-flinch when you get near him even though he l-loves you?" Hoseok whimpered as he was brought into his mother's lap.
   It was so hard for the members to see the scene in front of them as it was so rare for Hoseok to let his walls come down and let it all out. "W-why didn't he t-tell me? W-why can't he trust m-me?" Hoseok asked to himself in a broken voice.
   "I d-do trust you..."  A soft voice said and Hoseok looked up, not really expecting to get an answer back and his eyes widened slightly when he saw the fragile boy in front of him looking down at the floor "I j-just... didn't want any of you to worry about me" Taehyung said as tears streamed down his face.
    "But I c-care about you Taehyung...I want you to be able to tell me when you're hurting. Taehyung...you mean the whole world to me and you have to allow me, all of us, to worry and care about you just like you do for us. Friends are meant to be there for each other."
    "I...I'm sorry...I was scared" Taehyung said quietly and went over to sit next to Hoseok who was still placed on his mother's lap and hesitantly took him into his own.
    "W-well I was scared this whole time not knowing if everything was okay with you or not" Hoseok sniffled as he hugged onto him.
     "I'm sorry..." Taehyung repeated softly "you mean the world to me as well and it was wrong for me to  not tell you...I'm sorry" Taehyung said as he rubbed his back.
      "W-well I know it must be a r-really hard thing to tell..." Hoseok let out a shaky sigh "just please don't hide anything else from us o-okay?"
       "Okay..."
       "A-and don't you dare ever try to kill yourself a-again" Hoseok's voice broke.
       "I won't.." Taehyung said soothingly. Time went by, just sitting there as he calmed Hoseok down and soon it was midnight. The group went home with worn out minds and Taehyung stayed with Hoseok as he had begged him to. He wasn't looking forward to how his dad would react to him not showing up tomorrow, but Hoseok was a lot more important to him.
       Taehyung crawled under Hoseok's duvet and cuddled up close to Hoseok's warm body "is there anything you want to know?" Taehyung asked quietly.
       "I want to know everything..." Hoseok said, his voice just as soft.
        "Well..." Taehyung sighed softly, "I wasn't really meant to ever be born..." Taehyung started off, he could feel Hoseok's warm breath against his skin which made everything all the more overwhelming, "my uh...dad...wasn't a very pleasant person as you can probably guess...he um...he forced himself on my mother which caused them to have me...my dad wouldn't let her leave no matter how hard she tried...My mother hated me because I am what came out of such a horrible experience, and I don't blame her. My father started abusing me before I could barely walk, he would put me in dog cages for hours, would burn me with matches, hit me... and when I got older I always tried to stop him from hitting my mother and thankfully he stopped hitting her as much and focused on just hurting me more. My dad always made me watch as he forced my mom into having s- with him...seeing her tied down, tears streaming down her face, watching her like that at only eight years old...really messed me up. And I completly deserve what I've been getting through this business my dad has had going on for these couple months because now I can feel what my mother had to go through because of me."
       "Taehyung..." Hoseok said in a broken voice, "you don't deserve any of that...what happened to your mother is your father's fault, not yours...You don't deserve to go through that..." Hoseok said softly as he caressed his cheek softly. Taehyung bit his lip and averted his eyes and leaned into his touch.
      Taehyung sighed softly before continuing, "My mother left last year as you know and I'm honestly glad that she did because there was no way I could protect her enough. I developed anxiety at a young age and I thought I was a freak...everytime I had a panic attack my father a the kids at school would make fun of me for it and I got really depressed which led me to cutting..."
      Hoseok gasped softly at that and he wiped the tears already streaming down his face "D-do you still...?"
      "Yes..." Taehyung sighed "it's been a couple years now and it really helps me...I know it may seem bad but...it really helps me to feel better" Taehyung said quietly.
      "It doesn't just seem bad Taehyung. That's a horrible thing to do for yourself. It's not helping you it's only making you worse..."
     "How would you know? It really helps me feel better..." Taehyung said.
     "No it doesn't damn it. Cutting only makes you feel numb, it doesn't do anything but hurt you" Hoseok said as his crying increased "you need help Taehyung..."
     "I don't..." Taehyung said as he wiped his tears away with his thumb "I don't do it as often anymore...so I can figure it out myself okay?"
     Hoseok sighed shakily, "no you can't Taehyung...you can't figure out everything all on your own... you need help."
     "Yes, I can. Hyung, I've figured out everything from this point; I'll be fine."
      "Exactly, and look where you are now...you just tried to commit suicide today Taehyung" Hoseok's lips trembled and he bit at his lip to try and stop himself from crying more.
      Taehyung sighed softly and brought him close, "It won't happen again...just give me some time okay? Just...please don't tell anyone..."
      "O-okay...but if you get worse, we're getting you help okay?"
       Taehyung sighed and nodded though he didn't necessarily agree.
       "Can...can you let me check on your cuts every now and then so I can see if you're doing better?" Hoseok asked hesitantly.
       "I...I don't know about that..." Taehyung said.
     "Please...I beg of you Taehyung..."
     "Okay, fine...you can" Taehyung said.
     "Thank you..." Hoseok said in relief.
     "Mm" Taehyung hummed softly in response as he cuddled closer to him. Hoseok rubbed his back and kissed the top of his head softly.
     "Let's get some rest..."
***************************************************************************
    '3...2...1" Taehyung jumped out into the air, he was finally free. He wouldn't have to get beat by his father or the bullies at school anymore; he wouldn't have to be forced down by the men that paid his father for him like he was some object.
   Taehyung closed his eyes as the air pulled down on him. He felt relaxed, free, he felt like his mind was fully at ease.
  But...
  What about his friends? The people that cared about him and that were there for him every step of the day...What about Hoseok....? 'I finally have people that care about me...yet I'm trying to kill myself? They'll be so dissapointed...'
   Taehyung waved his arms around, eyes opening quickly. But the ground was coming too fast. His heart pounded in his chest, he didn't want to die anymore. Taehyung hit the ground hardly, hearing his bones crack as he spotted a figure in  the distance who he soon realized was Hoseok. Tears were streaming down his face as he looked at Taehyung full of disgust and disappointment...and then...his eyes closed.

******************************************************************************
   Taehyung gasped for air as he woke with a start. Taehyung looked out the window as he placed a hand over his pounding heart, it was still dark. Taehyung placed his hands over his ears as he started bawling his eyes out. He felt strong arms wrap around him soon after and was brought close to a familiar chest.
   "It's okay" Hoseok said soothingly and rubbed his sides softly. Taehyung cried harder as he looked back at him and wiped at his eyes like a baby. Hoseok cooed and brought him onto his lap as he kissed the top of his head "it's just a dream...it's okay, Hobi's here."
     "H-Hobi hyung" Taehyung hiccuped.
      "Yes, Hobi hyung is here, it's okay" Hoseok said softly.
       Hoseok's mother and father came in the room when they heard the crying, clad in their sleeping robes with concern written on their faces. Hoseok's mother went over to them and rubbed his back to help comfort him as his dad went to go and make him some nice warm tea.
      "I-I-I'm sorry for w-waking everyone" Taehyung hiccuped as he fisted his hands to wipe at his eyes which was no use considering every time he wiped at his eyes, more tears would stream out.
     Hoseok and his mother cooed softly, "don't be sorry sweetheart" Hoseok's mother said as Hoseok's father handed Taehung the cup of tea.
    "T-thank you" Taehyung sniffled and Hoseok's mom let out a small smile.
     "I'm sorry sweetie but you are such a cutie pie when you cry" Hoseok's mother laughed softly.
     "T-thank you I t-think" Taehyung hiccuped and Hoseok kissed the top of his head again as he pet the back of his head.
     "The t-tea is y-yummy" Taehyung said.
      "I'm glad" Hoseok's father said softly and went over to wipe away some tears with his thumb, "how about you stay here for the weekend?"
      "I c-can't my d-daddy will kill m-me" Taehyung sobbed and lowered his head.
      "Maybe your father will be gone this weekened" Hoseok said softly.
      "Mm m-maybe he'll be g-gone tomorrow or t-today technically."
      Hoseok laughed softly and nodded, "Perfect, stay with us on Saturday then okay?" Hoseok smiled.
     "O-okay" Taehyung nodded.
      "Good" Hoseok smiled and kissed his cheek "finish your tea and then we'll try to get some rest okay?"
     "Mm" Taehyung hummed and finished up his tea soon after. Hoseok's father took his empty tea cup as Hoseok laid him down gently, keeping him in his arms.
     "Goodnight my little angels" Hoseok's mother said softly and kissed their temples before leaving the room and letting them rest.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
​       The next morning Taehyung woke up to the aroma of pancakes and sausages hovering in the air. Taehyung smiled sleepily as he could hardly process that he was being picked up. Taehyung hugged onto the new pillow happily and nuzzled against it. 'What a comfy pillow...' Taehyung thought to himself.
      Hoseok laughed softly and pat Taehyung's back as he sat down on a chair and brought him onto his lap, "Time for yummy breakfast TaeTae~"
​      Taehyung looked up from his place buried in Hoseok's neck and rubbed at his eyes sleepily with a very confused look on his face.
​      Hoseok cooed and kissed the top of his head as he let him wake up a bit more, "Hi Hobi hyung" Taehyung giggled sleepily.
​      "Hi~" Hoseok said softly and rubbed his side. Taehyung hugged onto his waist as held onto his sleeve with one hand.
​       "Cutie~" Hoseok laughed softly as Taehyung blushed. "Say ahh~" Hoseok sang as he held up a a bite for him. Taehyung smiled shyly and did as told.
​       "Yummy!" Taehyung clapped as he ate and held up a bite for Hoseok in return. Hoseok's parents nudged each other as they watched the two with big smiles on their faces. 
​        "I bet they'll make it official within this week" Hoseok's mother said.
​         "Huh? What did you say mom?"
​         "Oh nothing~" She sang, "Ah what do you guys think about going to an amusement park today?"
         "Amusment park?" Taehyung questioned.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************
​        Taehyung scurried from place to place, eyes wide and bright like a child. "Hyung! Look It's fluffy!" Taehyung giggled.
​        Hoseok smiled softly "It sure is! Do you want to try it?"
​        "Try it?"
​        "Yeah, you can eat it" Hoseok smiled.
​        "You can eat that?!" Taehyung asked with wide eyes as he jumped up and down.
​        "Yeah!" Hoseok said as he pat his head and stood in line "Pink or Blue?"
​         "Pink!" Taehyung clapped.
​          Hoseok nodded and purchased one for Taehyung and one for himself "here you go cutie~" Hoseok said and Taehyung blushed a soft rosy color.
​          "Thank you!" Taehyung said and watched as Hoseok demonstrated how to eat it for him. Taehyung smiled and  took a piece off, fascinated by the feeling of it in his hands. Taehyung giggled as he put it in his mouth and let it melt on his tongue. Hoseok watched lovingly as he noticed how Taehyung's eyes widened, a huge smile on his face. "This is the most amazing thing I've ever tasted!" Taehyung said happily.
​           "I'm glad~" Hoseok smiled "we can get more later if you want" he said as he wrapped his arm around Taehyung.
​           "Okay~" Taehyung smiled.
​           "Hey boys, do you want to go on the merry go round?" Hoseok's mother smiled as she pointed over to it.
           Taehyung's eyes widened and he went over to run on it but Hoseok stopped him before he got there "We have to wait in line first TaeTae" Hoseok said and grabbed his hand so he wouldn't run off.
​            "Oh...okay" Taehyung smiled. Hoseok guided him to the back of the line and got on when it was their turn. Taehyung squealed at all the choices and decided on a chocolate colored horse with a mane that looked like a cloud. Hoseok's mother made sure to take plenty of pictures of their looks of pure joy. When the ride was over Taehyung cheered happily and ran off but got dizzy as he had moved to fast. Hoseok caught him right before he fell and cooed.
​            "Be careful TaeTae" He said and rubbed his upper arm softly.
             Taehyung nodded and held onto his sleeve, "Thank you..." Hoseok smiled and held onto his hand before he spotted something.
​             "This is perfect!" Hoseok smiled and walked over to a stand that was selling little backpacks with leads on them. "Aren't these cute?"
​             "Yes!" Taehyung said excitedly.
​             "Pick one out Tae~" Taehyung smiled and picked a fluffy teddy bear shaped one, "Cute!" Hoseok smiled and paid for it "Now put it on so you don't get lost okay?" Hoseok smiled.
​              Taehyung nodded happily and put it on as Hoseok held the lead and walked by his side and he could barely handle the cuteness.
             "Hyung! Let's go on that one!" Taehyung smiled as he pointed to the ferris wheel, it was getting dark outside by now and the bright colors spun round and round illuminating the dark night.
​              "Ah the ferris wheel?" Hoseok smiled and nodded as Taehyung smiled and ran forward, Hoseok keeping a good hold on the lead of his backpack.
​               Hoseok guided Taehyung on when it was their turn to go on. Time seemed to slow on the ferris wheel. High up in the air, Taehyung felt like he was on top of the world. Away from all of his troubles, away from everything with the one he loved and he couldn't feel better. Taehyung smiled as he looked over the edge, he felt like he could see everything from up there. "Taehyung..." Hoseok called out softly to get his attention.
              Taehyung smiled softly  in content and turned back towards him "Hm?"
​              Taehyung's eyes widened as he was met with soft lips against his. The small boys heart pounded in his ears and his eyes soon fluttered shut. The feeling was new and exhilarating and all Taehyung knew was that he never wanted it to stop.
             'This is what those stories were talking about...' 
 
 
​          
 
​