The Wait

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal stands on the stage as she promotes her solo album. Jonghyun was the one who composed the song for the main track of her album, as a gift for her and Minho's engagement. She looks at the audience in the periwinkle ocean. Each member of f(x) gets to keep that beautiful ocean, and MeUs had been anticipating her comeback. The music started and she sings the song. 

Everyone gets mesmerized and hypnotized by her beautiful voice. Since her last performance with f(x), she didn't perform in public anymore and this is the first time in several years that she's singing again in Korea's stage.Her voice improved a lot. It has more power, more control and with so much emotion.

The song is about an enduring love that waits. The audience shed a few tears while listening to the song. Love is what binds us all. We can all relate. And a beautiful love is what we all hope for, the beauty of it moves us and touched our hearts. 

Krystal ended the song, and she bowed. MeUs stood up and clapped their hands while wiping their tears. Even those that are not her fans are truly touched by the song and they cheered for Krystal also.

When she returned to Korea from Hollywood, she got a lot of offers from different companies. She had movie and drama offers and albums and commercials. After her movie comeback in Korea, she recorded this first solo album, and she dedicates this to Minho who is already in the army.

She is so excited to go home, and what she does is to check the mailbox. There it is, a letter from Minho. She quickly opened it and read the contents.

"Soo Jungie!" She reads silently but it seemed that she can hear Minho's voice caliing her. It had already been a year since Minho's enlistment but for Krystal, it seemed like years that they haven't seen each other. She missed him a lot, but unlike what happened before that they almost seemed to lose communication, they will not make that mistake again. Minho writes her a letter everyday. Like every single day since they are not allowed to bring any electronic device, and their phone time is limited inside the army. Krystal responds to it everyday as well. After his shift, he compose songs, play soccer, nags his sergeant cutely to have the channel on Krystal's drama, and he never fails to write to her. Krystal, no matter how busy her schedule can get, in between breaks, or before going to bed, she writes a respond to his letter.

On the letter it says that Minho will have a break for two days next month and he can't wait to see her again. Krystal smiles widely knowing they will be together again. It has been months since Minho's last break from the military.

There are a lot of couple who breaks up before enlistment. There are also a lot of couple break up while the man is on military. And there are those that endures the two-year separation and ends up being together. But sadly, there are also others that go through the military, but ended up separated after. And there are also those that separates during military training but ends up together after the mandatory duty. Indeed no one can really tell the future. Who is meant for whom. Is it pure destiny that is dictated by heaven? Or it is just how love is. Simple as it may sound, but so powerful. Look at other couples, their love that transcends time, distance, and age, could it also transcends death?

Minho watched on the screen as Krystal sings her title track "The Wait". Minho didn't even blink while he is so focused on looking at her.

Soo Jungie, he said to himself. His eyes in wide amazement and the smile on his face cannot be described. After her performance, his co-trainees including his sergeant unceasingly. He smiles at them but it clearly shows how proud and happy he is for Krystal. It also is written on his face how much he loves her. Unconditional and selfless. He had been holding up his tears, he knows the song is for him and how Krystal sang it, it feels that he is just infront of her.

 

Minho reads the letter Krystal sent him with a photo of her together with his parents. Krystal visited them personally and handed Mr. Choi her first album. Minho smiles, then checks another letter from his engineer friend. He looks at another photo. It's a photo of a newly built house.

It's finished!, Minho said to himself with satisfaction.

Exactly what Soo Jung dreams of, he thought while looking at the house again. It's a bungalow/glass/metal/wood beautifully and simply combined  together. Modern yet has a nature feel and it's going to be their vacation house.

Minho started to write his letter. And he closed it with the greeting, "Always loving yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter