Making it through

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is true that giving birth is like having your legs half buried in the ground. Mothers carry their babies for nine months in their wombs, and when they give birth, it's an indescribable pain that they go through, it's also an indescribable happiness as they first set their eyes on their babies and the pain is all worth it. They go through all that because they love their children. Let us show how much we care and love our parents. Time flies and before we know it, it might be too late to express our love to them. Love while we are alive and live while we love. 💜

 

Papa Jung and Mama Jung arrived 30 minutes and have received the news that the baby is alive. 

"Soo Yeon?", Mama Jung asked Krystal about Jessica.

"What about Soo Yeon-ah?", her mother shakes Krystal.

"Eomma", she hugs her mother tight.

"Eonnie.. She-", tears fall on Krystal's eyes and she can't continue to talk.

"Tell me what happened to my daughter!", Mama Jung is raising her voice now. She doesn't want to think of the worse. Papa Jung is caressing her back.

"Minho", Papa Jung called Minho who is behind Krystal.

"Sica eonnie is still in the ICU. Hyung is there with her", Minho answered.

Mama Jung couldn't bear to stand hearing the news. Krystal readily caught her. Mama Jung starts to cry.

"My daughter", she cried and Papa Jung hugs her.

"Yeobo, be strong", he said to her.

"Our daughter", Mama Jung still continues to cry while Papa Jung hugs her. Minho gives support to Krystal who is also crying again. 

 

"Sica!", Dong Hae, Jessica's husband is beside her. Only one person at a time is allowed inside the ICU. Breathing apparatus is attached to her, and a monitoring device that monitors her vital signs can also be seen.

He caressed Jessica's face. 

"Soo Yeon, wake up jebal", he cried as he hold Jessica's hand. They have been through so much in the past and who would have thought they would end up together. Coffee and wine did found their match in each other.

"You can't give up now. You have to be strong for our daughter, for me, for us",  he said as he buried his face on her hand.

 

Krystal is looking at the window from outside the ICU.

"Eonnie, you can go through this. You are strong and you never surrender", Krystal said. Minho taps her shoulder.

"You have to eat", Minho said. Krystal shakes her head.

"I have no appetite", she replied.

"You need to eat or you'll get sick. You have to be strong for your sister", Minho said to her. Krystal gets his point, and agreed. Minho turned his back and starts to walk and Krystal caught up with him and hug him from the back.

"I cannot thank you enough", she said and she leans her head on his back.

I don't know what I could have done if you weren't here, Krystal said to herself.

Thank you so mich for staying by my side all this time, and she hug Minho tighter. 

Minho faces Krystal and holds her hands.

"You don't need to thank me", he said. 

"You know that I would do anything for you", Minho said and Krystal smiles at him despite feeling worried for her sister.

 

After dinner, Krystal told Minho to go home but he wants to stay with her because Papa and Mama Jung already went home. Krystal told them to and said she will just call them for any update. They are seated outside the ICU, Krystal's head on Minho's shoulder as she starts to fall asleep. They were awaken when doctors and nurses came rushing inside the ICU. Dong Hae came out.

"Save my wife, please", he cried to the doctors.

"Oppa what happened?", Krystal rushed to him. A nurse covered the transparent window with curtains as they are reviving Jessica.

"You're sister. She can't leave us!", he breaks down. Krystal looks towards the window.

Aniyo! Eonnie!, her heart cries out.

 

A month has passed, and it's the christening of Krystal's niece.

Krystal is carrying the baby and she's humming to make her fall asleep.

"You are so beautiful, just like eonnie", Krystal said and smiled. 

"Aigoo. Aunt Soo Jung is carrying you again", Dong Hae said.

"I'm seeing how my daughter will become spoiled by you, Soo Jung", he said and smiled. 

Jessica loves to see this, he said to himself. 

 

Everyone who are present claps their hands as they welcome Yeonhae, the daughter of Dong Hae and Jessica.

Jessica carries the baby in her arms and next to her stands her husband.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter