Beautiful Mate

A Taste of Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Beautiful Mate [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 

Aria's POV

So that's what was going on, huh? Oppas and Unnies are like the delinquents of this school. No wonder the humans keep on running away from them but some have the courage to approach them with the desire to confess their feelings towards their source of their affection. Sadly, they nearly get hurt by Unnies' and Oppas' mates. Poor humans. They are clueless to the knowledge of the mating bond and the possessiveness of mates over one another. I feel bad for them, but that's nature for ya. Unpredictable and Impersonal.

"Baby girl...." 

I looked to my side to see Bobby and Suzy playing with their fingers in a nervous manner. Then, my eyes went back to its orignal direction which was to stare straight ahead down the long hallway filled with humans.

"Yes?" I answered, watching the scene of a group of girls giggling and chatting like those girls in those human high school movies.

"Are you still mad at us..?" Bobby asked. 

"No." I lied. Of course, I'll be mad when my chances are ruined because of the fact that Unnies and Oppas have caused so much chaos in this mere school. This is my only chance to be able to get this close with humans and interact with them. I am not letting anyone stop me from doing so. I could heard Bobby and Suzy exhale and it didn't sound like it was out of relief. Stupidos*. 

Are you alright, Miss Aria? A voice spoke in my mind and I jumped from the sudden invasion. Erebus?

Yeah, sorry! I was just thinking to myself. I replied back.

I'm glad that you're safe. I was about to teleport myself to your world.

I smiled at Erebus's concern for my health. 

Hehe, thank you, Erebus. Don't worry about me. I'm just heading off to class now.

Please take care, Miss Aria.

Of course, you too.

We ended our little mind conversation and I took interest in my surroundings. Lots of lockers lined up down the hallway and humans were still having their talks with their groups of friends. I saw this one girl, who turned to see me looking at her and she looked frightened so she pretended that she never saw me. I frowned. Am I that frightening to look at? Or is it because of Oppas' and Unnies' reputation?

I sighed and focused back on walking while staring blankly ahead. I thought going to a human school would seem more fun and wild like how I imagined it to be but it's been quiet so far unlike the astounding stories that I have heard from Mom and Dad. Like students would be roaming down the hallways with cheerful voices and different events would be happening each week like some sort of spirit week to bring out school spirit. 

Oh well, maybe it'll get fun later on, I told myself. I had to stay positive and not be negative about things. It's better to let go than to keep it all in.

"Aria!"

I whipped my head to the direction that I heard my name being called from. Again, it was Bobby and Suzy, who stood by sliding doors, which were about five feet away from where I am. I raised a brow at them.

"Yes?" I replied, but I kept my cold tone. I don't want to forgive them THAT easily. It wouldn't be that much fun if it's too easy, Heh. 

"W-We're...at the classroom already.." They said in sync while rubbing their arms. I held back an amused chuckle and the smirk that was about to appear on my face if it wasn't for my instinct to hold myself back. Is it me or are the delinquents acting scared? HA! I'm just amusing myself here. 

"Okay, let's go in." I walked back towards them and when I arrived, they opened the sliding door. It revealed a narrow view of the front part of the classroom which was where the white board and the teacher's desk are at. Bobby and Suzy entered in and I just stayed where I was since I am not sure on what I do next. Do I walk in and greet my soon to be peers or do I have to wait like those shy transfer students in that American movie?

I watched Bobby and Suzy going up to an older woman, who seems to be in her thirties. Long brown hair that extended to the middle of her back and she wore a pair of unusually small glasses. At least, it matches her clothes. Design and color wise, of course. She paused whatever she was doing and turned to face them. They told her that they brought the transfer student.

The woman nodded at Bobby and Suzy and they went to the left which showed them exiting my vision. Then, she glanced in my way and smiled at me. With her left hand, she gestured for me to come in. I nodded and took some steps into the room. It was quiet. Like really quiet. I stood next to the teacher's desk and faced the class. All eyes were on me. Their expressions seemed curious and another emotion that I couldn't figure out. Yet, they looked tense Is that a good sign?

"As you see, we have a new studednt joining our class. Please introduce youself." The woman with brown hair informed the class and I nodded.

"Yes, I'm Aria Adelardi. It is a pleasure to meet you all and yes, I am not just Korean. I am a mix of Italian and Korean blood so please be kind when I misunderstand what you say. Korean is my second language." I flashed a gentle smile so I won't seem like a dangerous figure or anything like what Oppas and Unnies seem to be. There wasn't exactly a response from the class but their faces seemed to not be as tense as before. Was I scary before or something?

"It's nice to meet you too, Aria-shi. I'm Ms. Linda, your English teacher." She said and turned to face the class. "Are there any questions that you would like to ask your new classmate?" Ms. Linda asked. No hands went up after she scanned the whole room. She shrugged and then Ms. Linda whipped her head in my direction with a welcoming smile. She seems nice, I noted. 

"I guess that no one has any questions so why don't you—" She was interrupted by a student, who suddenly yelled.

"I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ARIA, MS. LINDA!!" A female with blond hair shouted, making me jump from the volume. Wow, this girl could yell. I looked at Ms. Linda with anticipation. 

Is she going to scold the student for speaking out of turn? Or punish her by shaming her in front of the class?

She didn't do either of the two. Instead, she accepted the loud disruption and smiled. Ms. Linda even let out a small laugh afterwards.

"Of course, what is it, Wendy-shi?" Ms. Linda asked and this Wendy looked at me with a bright smile.

"Can you speak something in Italian?" Wendy asked me and I just stared at her. I watched her expression turn from happy to scared in a matter of a few minutes. Am I that scary? I used my sweetest smile to ease up her fear upon her expression.

"*Sei molto carina..." I winked at the loud student whose face became flustered when she caught the sight of my wink. Another student beside her raised her hand as well.

"Yes, Irene-shi?" Ms. Linda nodded her head towards this Irene person. She had blond hair too like her seatmate.

"What does that mean?" Irene asked with a curious expression. I took that moment to answer since most likely these students never heard the Italian language as much as I did in their past life.

"You are very pretty." I let out a tiny giggle and I saw Wendy become more red. She can be shy when she wants to, huh? Then. the class erupted into a frenzy of asking questions. Too fast to where I couldn't answer them all at once.

"OMO! Are you a smooth talker?!" 

"Do you like Wendy-ah?!"

"Can you say more things in Italian??"

"Did you live in Italy??"

"What do you like to do in your free time?"

I would love to answer what my peers ask of me but this was quite a lot at once, isn't it? I felt slightly hesitant on what to do because I'm being attacked with a thousand questions per minute. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Ms. Linda take a quick glance at me before looking at the class with arms crossed. She looked mad. 

"Yah, yah. Kids! You are scaring your new classmate. One question at a time, please!" Ms. Linda scolded them and I shot a expression of gratitude for her actions. She just gave me a small thumbs-up and I'm glad that my English teacher was kind. I faced the class and cleared my throat.

"So, what questions do you have for me...?" I gave my classmates a small smile to assure them that I was fine since they seemed ashamed for their previous actions. I mean, I would act the same when I discover something I never heard of and be curious about it. It was like when I found about the human race.

Then, I noticed a hand being raised by a brunette. She had this sharp face that seemed special amongst our classmates. 

"Yes?" I said to her and gestured my hand towards her, palm facing the ceiling. Pointing to another person is considered rude in human manners so I made sure to correct myself. 

"What do you like to do? Any hobbies?" She questioned and I just continued to smile while quickly thinking of my answer. Something simple and short.

"I like to write and draw." The brunette's eyes sparkled.

"Oh! Me too!" She added in and my smile grew. 

Then, another hand went up. It was from behind the brunette whom I just answered. A boy with golden hair and he wore a firece expression. He had some cold aura surrounding him like unnie would have on when she is with strangers. 

"Yes?" I gestured to this cold boy.

"Have you lived in Italy and did you like the culture there?" He asked and I actually had to think about this. The first one was an easy one. It was a yes since I was born in Italy. For the second one, the culture was more focused on art so our parents were also patrons of Reinassance Art. Don't get me wrong. I love the arts and I studied them all personally with the actual artist since I have lived for many years. Things changed but I don't think my classmates would want me to ramble on about the adaptations of Italian culture. This was suppose to be a simple introduction about me so I don't need to overdo it. 

It took me about twenty seconds to assemble the right words into a satisfying response that would hopefully answer this question.

"Yes, I have lived in Italy for most of my life. I enjoyed the culture there which focused on the arts and how everyone was influenced by the Reinassance Era." 

The boy nodded and he seemed to be satisfied since he did not have anything else to say besides his nod and quiet grunt, that was nearly audible to the human ears but I wasn't really a human. Born a vampire and been one for my whole life. Duh.

I scanned the room for any other hands, that I have missed from answering these two. My eyes landed on a strange female that had blond hair, who had her head on top of her arms. Was she sleeping?

Maybe she is tired. Exhaustion would make a human easily tired and vunerable. I looked away to see that there was no more hands so I turned to my teacher.

"Ms. Linda, where would I be seated?" I asked and she gave me a weird smile. Did I say something wrong?

"You speak like those in the older generations. Like in the Medival Times of Europe." Ms. Linda commented as if she saw my anxiousness upon my face. Just after she said that, Ms. Linda raised her hand and pointed in a certain direction which I followed to see an empty seat in the back row. It was beside an occupied seat, that was next to a window, and another occupied desk. 

"You will be seating next to Krystal-shi." The teacher told me before switching her attention to this Krystal person. "Krystal-shi, please raise your hand." The previously sleeping blond haired female raised her head from her arms and obeyed the command from Ms. Linda. She raised her hand while fixing her appearance with her ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter