Guardian of Darkness

A Taste of Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Guardian of Darkness [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 

Aria's POV

It was really quiet. There was no noise compared to when I was awake before. The floor seemed more comfortable than I thought. It was fluffy and soft like as if I was at home. I snuggled into it but then I heard someone laugh which made my heart stop for a moment.

Who could that be? Unnie never laughs like that.

I grew worried when it became quiet again. My hands glided over this smooth material and it didn't feel like a dirt or grass covered floor. 

Where am I?

I wasn't in the forest but where else would I be? The last I remember, I was with unnie in that forest before I passed out from exhaustion. Then, fear overwhelm my senses at this one thought that came into my mind.

Did me and unnie get captured? 

Quickly, I opened my eyes to meet a mysterious pair of eyes. Then, I took notice of my surroundings to see that I am inside of someone's room. I am on top of the bed with this unfamiliar person next to me. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed and moved as far away from this person as possible but she just came closer. My hand went too far and went off the bed which made my upper body fall first. I closed my eyes to brace the impact but I didn't land on anything. There was no pain either.

I opened one of my eyes to see the same female holding my body in her arms. She stared at me with an innocent look and I coughed to get her attention away from my face.

"Um...thank you." I said to her, who nodded but she had yet to let me go. I was starting to feel uncomfortable so I cleared my throat once again. 

"You can let go of me.." I said but she just pulled me closer to her, making my face just a few inches away from hers. Then, she finally let me go which made me land onto the soft sheets of the bed. Although, I could feel the intense staring from her; I quickly adjusted my position to sit on my knees to make myself seem abit more decent than a moment ago. I glanced at her and scanned her appearance. She had long silver hair with dark eyes that can anyone in them. Her body was slim and fit with some visible muscles but she had this feminine aura around her. 

A long black silk robe covered her body and there was this pendent around her neck which had a symbol of black fire. Multiple rings covered her fingers and she did not wear any shoes. I never seen a regular human dressed like this in those stories that my parents told me. Those things were usually for those people, who were royal. However the color would be purple, not black. 

Who is this girl? 

"I'm Erebus." She answered my thoughts and I blinked.

Did I say my thoughts out loud?

"No, but I can hear you because our minds are connected." Erebus explained and I blinked my eyes again.

"Our minds are connected?" I asked, confused of the fact my mind is connected to her's. That is nearly impossible unlesss she has some sort of special ability.

"Yes, because of your power." Erebus stated and raised her hand. There was darkness that surrounded her hand. My eyes widen at the sight of this. 

"Y-You can manipulate darkness t-too?!" I was shocked since the only other person, who could have this power, would be amongst my blood line. However, I never seen this girl before in my life! She gave me a straight face when I mentioned my ability. Did I say something wrong?

"Manipulate? I am the creator of darkness, or known as the Goddess of Darkness, Erebus." This female introduced herself. My jaw dropped.

GODDESS OF DARKNESS?! IN MY BED?! 

"Yes, I am here at your service." 

"Huh? At my service?" I repeated with confusion. 

"Yes, whenever you are in need of help, I will come to your aid." She informed me. Despite her saying that, it didn't make sense that the Goddess of Darkness would come out of her way to be my support when I need it.

"B...But why just me? I'm sure you have other darkness users, who are more powerful than me, to look after." I voiced out my uncertainty but she gave me a smile.

"That is where you are wrong. The previous darkness users were very careless with their power and let it overtake them. There were also other times when they were killed by other people which leaves you as the most powerful darkness user left. Alive." Erebus revealed and I was speechless. I am the most powerful darkness user left?!

"Are you saying that I'm the only darkness user left?!" I screamed. 

"Yes." She nodded. I stared at her with a stunned expression.

"But then...why are you here? How are you here?" I asked more questions. Seriously, why is she here though? I mean, doesn't she have other matters to worry about instead of me?

"I may have other matters to attend to," Oh, she heard me. "Yes, I did but to answer your questions, I'm here because of your ability. Do you remember the pain that you felt before seeing me?" Erebus asked. 

I nodded. It was the most agonizing pain that I've ever felt so it is unforgettable.

"That pain was coming from the darkness forming within you. I believe from your royal blood, it allows you to not be taken over by the tremendous power of darkness. Instead, it created a guardian which summoned me." Erebus described the process to me which left me astounded.

"A-Are you saying that my power level of darkness was so high and strong that it formed you? To protect me?" I restated, trying to understand this sudden news.

"Yes, in a way. I am here to protect you whenever you call or need me." Erebus concluded her explanation. All of a sudden, she moved her hand in front of us with her palm facing the ceiling. I watched in amazement as dark magic was forming above her hand and it looked like it was making an object. The extra darkness vanished when the silhouette of this thing was complete and the floating object dropped into her hand. The darkness disappeared from the object's cover which made out a ring that is made of black gold with a pink diamond on top.

"Oh wow! How beautiful!" I awe'd the jewelry and I saw a huge smile appear on Erebus's face. 

"I'm glad it pleases you, Miss Aria. This is for you." My eyes widen at the news. This ring is for me? "Yes, it is. It is another way for you to summon me if you cannot get into contact with me. You just simply kiss the pink diamond and I'll be right by your side in an instant." 

"O-Oh...wow. I just.." I was so amazed from the sight of the ring that I didn't notice Erebus taking my hand into her's until she requested for permission to put the ring on my middle finger. 

"May I, Miss Aria?" Erebus reiterated her question. 

"Of course, no need to be polite, Erebus. We're going to be together for a long time since you're my guardian, right? My life is in your hands now." I smiled at the modest female. She just smiled back. 

What a gentleman—woman. I mean gentlewoman. 

"Thank you for the compliment, Miss Aria."

Oh, I forgot that she could hear my thoughts.

"Yes, I can hear you but it's fine. I shall put this ring on now."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter