On The Run

A Taste of Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] On The Run [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] December 28, 2015  [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] JudgeBlackjack[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] 

Mai's POV

We have been running for a while now. Probably for about three weeks. Aria is looking tired and I don't know what to do. I know that I need to protect my baby sister but what can I do? My hand went to the backpack strap that rested its weight on my shoulder. Gripping onto it, I could feel the fabric almost breaking under my grip but I quickly let go, knowing the material might break if I use any more of my strength. 

I was so confused. Someone is after us and we have no clue on who could it be. Our family was known to interact with all vampire families as long as it is no one strange but look at where that got us now. We are on the run ever since someone or something attacked my family at our home. He or she must've gotten close to to my parents and then decided to kill them for some unknown motive. What do they want? Revenge? A brawl? Or are they just messing with us? 

One thing that I know for sure is that Aria or I did not deserve this. We never done anything from to others so why are we enduring this treatment? Especially my dongsaeng. My precious little sister, who is the most pure vampire on Earth, could never harm a fly. She is the one, whom I vowed to protect even if it costs my life. Aria was a sweet, kind, and caring girl and her curiosity goes far and beyond. 

I glanced at my dongsaeng to see her, looking lifeless. My heart ached at the sight to see her so exhausted and I can't control what was going on. My eyes wandered our surroundings and it was just vast land for another few miles. I caught the sound of the most heartbreaking voice. 

"U...unnie, c-can we t-take a....a break..?" My precious dongsaeng asked. Her voice cracked as she spoke. I turned to face her with a small frown and furrowed eyebrows.

"Baby...I'm sorry. We have to keep going..." I answered sorrowfully. Her expression shattered my heart completely because of how dead tired she looks. 

"H-How...m-much longer..?" 

"Three thousand more miles until we reach the city, where our allies are at.." I tried to show the brighter side of things and it worked when I see the small grin on her tired face. 

"A-At least, w-we're almost t-there, unnie. Let's get g-going so w-we can see t-them soon." I smiled when I heard this. That's the Aria that I know, my precious baby sister. 

We continued on to the city no more words exchanging between the two of us because we didn't know what to say. I lept forward ever so slightly then came to a halt scanning the area slowly so I didn't miss a thing. Nothing seemed abnormal but something just didn't feel right. Did they manage to track us down? They couldn't have not this quick. Aria reached me and stopped behind me giving me a confused look but I quickly shook it off and continued on there was no need to worry her just yet a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter