The walk home

Infinite's Darkest Secret... [ H I A T U S ]

    ---- ~~~~'s POV ---- 

"Are you coming or not?" I heard his voice from outside.

"I-I'm coming!" 

I hurried outside slamming the door behind me. 

*Why me of all the people in the world! I hate my life!* I felt the familiar stingy feeling in my eyes.

I rubbed my eyes and sighed deeply. *I can't cry now...* I looked down and sniffed.

"~~~~......." Sungyeol said and put his hand on my shoulders.

I rubbed my eyes some more and shot my head back up. 

"What is it?" I flashed my fake smile but I couldn't hold it more than a few seconds. 

He pulled his hands away and shyly rubbed the back of his head. "Uhmm... I don't know where you life so...." 

"Oh, it's fine. I can go back home alone." I showed another fake smile and walked away from the front garden. 

When I finally thought that I was left alone for the first time of the day I heard footsteps behind me. 

*Nah, that can't be Sungyeol.* I walked further with a little doubt. 

Then, again, I heard some footsteps behind me. *Why do I think it's Sungyeol..? There are more people in the world...* 

I shook the thought of and walked further. 

The footsteps behind me continued. 

I stopped. It stopped. I walked further. It walked further. *What the h*ll is going on!* 

My heart started beating loudly. *A stalker..? A thief...? Ar...? Or even worse, a vampire!?* 

I hurried my tempo when I suddenly felt two strong hands on my shoulder. 

My heart skipped a beat and my hand became sweaty.  

"S-Sungyeol....?" My heart felt like it could explode any moment. *Please let it be him!*

"Yeah... how did you know it was me?" He turned me around. 

A weight fell of my heart and I shrugged my shoulders. "J-just got a f-feeling." *Curse me for stuttering!* 

I looked in his eyes. "But what are you doing here?" 

He showed a weak smile and answered; "To bring you home of course! What else?" He laughed. 

"But I told you that I don't need someone to bring me home..." 

"Its fine, It's fine. It's the duty of a man to bring the girl home." 

The blood rushed to my face and I cupped my cheeks. "W-well, if you really want to..." 

I turned around and walked away in a hurried tempo. *What did he mean by that...* 

"And Sunggyu Hyung would kill me if I didn't bring you home." He said and rushed after me. 

"Of course..." I walked faster *What else did I expect* I sighed.

Sungyeol finally catched up to me and walked next to me. I glanced at him and saw him staring at me. 

"Why are you staring?" 

"No reason. Just thinking about how you could come in such a mess." 

I stopped for a second but walked further. "I don't know too...." 

"I don't know how you did it, but you're screwed." He sighed.

I stopped walking and looked at him. "What do you mean...?" 

He stopped too and looked at me. "Didn't Sunggyu Hyung say that you need to come everyday?" I nodded.

"And you know about our secret, right?" "That you guys are... vampires..?" "Yes, that." I nodded.

He patted my shoulders. "All  can say is.... good luck!" 

*. My. Life.* "I will be fine." I walked further and Sungyeol followed me. 

The whole walk back to my house was in silence, an akward silence. 

I couldn't be more happier when I saw my house not that far away. 

I speeded up my tempo and Sungyeol still maneged to walk in the same tempo.

"Here's my house, thanks for bringing me home." 

"House!" His chin dropped. "This isn't a house! Its the smallest flat that I have ever seen!" 

I shrugged my shoulders. 

"It's obvious, I live on my own so it's fine." I turned around and wanted to walk away but Sungyeol grabbed my wrist.

"What are you doing?" I looked at him. 

"Uhmm, well.... how do I say it.." He let go of my wrist and I rubbed it holding it close to my chest. "If you are living on your own anyway... wouldn't you like to live with me and the others...?"