Attack on Titans

My boyfriend is a girl?!

Attack on Titans

Let’s get ready to rumble: Amber vs Jongin!

 
 

Being single again was weird. No, actually the entire relationship thing had been the weirdest thing happening. Krystal was laying in her bed, staring at the ceiling while questioning how her puberty driven hormones could have dragged her into the situation she had been in a few days ago. She was in, still. Her heart screamed for Amber. She wanted to text her badly, but she knew that it wouldn’t be fair. Plus, Amber didn’t bother to text her, either. This must have been a sign. The sign that they weren’t meant to be. Krystal heaved a heavy sigh as she shook her head. They never dated for real, so why bother? She still felt like legit having broken up with Amber.

The feeling of Amber’s lips was still lingering on hers as she kept remembering those precious moments that now were gone for good. Oh man, she wished she had savored the lip contact more. Krystal looked down on her smartphone’s display. That stupid game that was waiting for her to connect the little candies to move on was useless. Games in general were absolutely useless. This game was supposed to distract Krystal from being lovesick but in the past 4 hours it didn’t manage to get Amber off her mind for just once.

“I hate my life…“, the girl muttered to herself when suddenly the door opened. “There’s a visitor hon-“, she heard her mother speak when the visitor already passed her by.

“It’s 4PM and you’re still in bed?!“ Jongin stood in front of her, eyeing her from head to toe. The guy looked classy as ever, superior even in his black coat and his black leather gloves. And there was nothing more than Krystal hated than that smug grin on his lips. Krystal immediately grabbed her blanket to wrap herself into it. No need to let Jongin see her pink PJs. Especially not, when she was suffering a serious heart break while he was just being a nuisance.

“Jongin?!“, she squeaked perplexed and looked at her mom. “MOM!“ How could her mom betray her like that and let the guy in just like that?  Instead of guilt, Krystal found happiness and content on her mother’s face. Of course, she must have been so happy that Krystal finally got along with the annoying Kim heir. “Have fun, kids!“, her mom said and quickly let the two alone. No, no, no, no, nooooo! That traitor of a mother! “Why are you here?!“, Krystal scoffed as she looked at Jongin.

“You weren’t answering to any of my calls or messages and you weren’t at school, either. Even Suli had no idea what’s up with you… so I came to check on you“, he answered. His worries sounded genuine but Krystal still doubted his sudden friendliness. “Look at the irony. The only person who checked on me is the person I wanted to see least.“, Krystal commented and Jongin snorted in response. “I thought we’re passed that“, he argued.

“Well, you were wrong.“

The uninvited guest rolled his eyes and shook his head. “Come on, you can’t stay in bed all day. I don’t even know why you’re like this! Something happened with that Lee trash, right? That disgusting boyfriend of yours that forces you to be with him.“

“Hey! Don’t call him like that!“, Krystal barked all defensively.

“Then how shall I call him, hm? Prince Lee? Lee Donghae?“ The moment Jongin voiced out the wrong name, Krystal winced. Right… Jongin thought she was dating the eldest Lee son who in fact was Lee Donghae. Just… that she wasn’t dating him but her sister was. “Let’s not talk about him at all!“, Krystal commanded. “Just say the word and I’ll take care of everything.“, Jongin reminded her but she quickly shook her head. Taking care of it… was he a gangster or what? It was not like he’d make Amber mysteriously disappear, was it?

“You’re neither my bodyguard nor an assassin. Don’t do anything! Just leave!“

The boy remained unmoving. He just kept eyeing her. “Not unless you get up, dress up and then have something to eat with me first. I have to make sure you’re okay.“




 


It was just utterly, utterly outrageous.

Krystal had no idea why she had given in, but she was sitting opposite to Jongin, scowling at him while he ordered something to eat without even asking her what she wanted. He had managed to get her into a nice dress, put on some make-up and take care of her greasy, break-up hair. To everyone seeing them, it must have looked like they were on a date. But they weren’t. Krystal refused to think of it that way… but somehow she couldn’t deny that it really felt like a date.

“See, you look a lot better like this. Even your angry stares have returned. You must feel perfectly alright again“, Jongin after the waitress left with their order. He looked smug as ever, just that for some reason he looked handsome to Krystal now. She regretted spending time with him. Jongin had managed to infiltrate her mind. She hated everything about it.

“I’m not enjoying this AT ALL.“, she insisted, crossed her arms and snappily looked away.

“Lie as much as you want to yourself, but deep inside, you know you do“, he replied unfazed as he skimmed through something on his phone. “So why were you missing at school lately?“

“None of your business.“, Krystal answered. She leaned back on her seat and scowled at him again. “Why do you even care?“

Jongin sighed. “You know you’d be a lot more happy if you just let people treat you nicely? Stop being such a .“ He said it very neutrally but the insult hit hard.

“Oh sorry, did I hurt your feelings? I guess I can’t do anything about it, I’m a I mean“, she aimed back at him verbally and rolled her eyes. Jongin inhaled slowly, sternly watching her. Krystal grinned triumphantly. Yes, this felt like a victory. A small one, but it counted.

As the food arrived, Krystal thought she was freed from talking about the unhappy break-up from before but Jongin didn’t give up. “Did something happen between you and your boyfriend? When we ended our last conversation… you know, I’m still not sure if the guy is treating you well or not.“, he mentioned and looked at Krystal who intentionally stuffed with a huge amount of knife - noddles, to avoid answering. “Uhm.“

“Dis…ish shoooo gud!“, she spoke in between chewing. “I’m shtaaaaving!“

Jongin couldn’t hold back a giggle, seeing Krystal eating her food like a little child and he ended up watching her with a soft smile as she devoured all of the food on the table. Finally there was silence and Krystal made sure to keep busy eating all the time, looking up at Jongin to check how he reacted. He looked peaceful. Peaceful and happy. Maybe a bit amused, even. And so goddamn handsome. For a brief moment the girl found herself losing herself in his eyes and quickly retreated from the eye contact. No, no, no, no, no! She would NOT fall for Kim Jongin! No way! Amber’s face suddenly popped up in her mind… and it caused her to turn sad really quickly.

“Is it bad?“, Jongin asked worried as he noticed your sudden mood drop. “No, it’s fine… it’s just…,“ Krystal muttered, “…I’m done. Can you bring me home again? I’m not feeling really well.“ There was no more needed to be said. Jongin could see the pain clearly taking over Krystal’s face and she soon found herself back in his family’s car, the driver taking the two back to her house. “I hope you get better, soon!“, Jongin said before he left and Krystal forced herself to give him a little smile.




Krystal made sure to take the rest of the week off as well. She wasn’t ready to get back to school where everyone would ask her about her amazing boyfriend and Jongin would give her the stare while Sulli was worrying about her. Sulli… Krystal didn’t even tell her about the break-up. Nobody knew about it. Nobody but her and Amber.

From the main hall, she heard her sister and mother talk. They both sounded very excited and as Krystal threw a short glance through the slit of her open door, she noticed Jessica running through the floor with a bunch of dresses she showed her mother.

“Krystal, honey! Are you preparing, too?“, her mother called out.

“I’m not going, I already told you!“

Her family was preparing for that stupid charity event. Everyone with names and status in South Korea would show up, and since the charity had been an idea of Lee Sooman and her sister Jessica, there was no way for her family to not attend. Krystal didn’t feel like going there… she knew that Amber and her family would be there as well. That was the reason why Jessica was so excited. She couldn’t wait to see Donghae again.

“Come on, Krys! It’s going to be fun!“, Jessica opened her door and showed her a shimmery, purple dress. “What do you think? Should I wear this?“

“Whatever,“ Krystal answered and lay back on her bed. She was still cozily buried in her blanket and pillows.

“You know you have to come. Dad will be angry if you stay in bed, you’ve been inside this room for over a week.“, her sister argued.

“I’ll manage.“ She would definitely. Her father couldn’t force her to leave the house. Worst case scenario, she’d fake throwing up and then claim she had an infectious stomache disease or something. If that wouldn’t make her father back off, not even Satan would.

Krystal’s phone suddenly started buzzing and she already knew who it was. Jongin. Of course. He kept texting her every day and every now and then she answered to make sure he wasn’t showing up at her house again. No, thank you. Once again Krystal stretched on her bed, giving her phone a short look. She would have thrown her phone back next to her and ignored the incoming message, if she hadn’t seen that Jongin sent her pictures, followed by the words 'He cheated on you. I knew it! I’ll finish your boyfriend tonight’. In an instant Krystal was sitting upright in her bed, eyes widened. The photos really showed Amber. Amber together with the girl Krystal once met over at the Lee’s house.

“WHAT THE HELL?!“

Her fingers were rapidly running over the display as Krystal was typing like a maniac. 'What is this?! Where did you get these from?! Are you stalking my boyfriend?!’

Jongin answered immediately. 'Of course not, silly. I have people to do so. I’ll make sure your boyfriend pays for this tonight.’ Not quite the answer Krystal would have liked to read.

 “! , , , !“

Why on earth did Jongin have to do this? No, why did Krystal have to bear with all of this nonsense?! Why was the world so against her at this moment?! Krystal let out a loud groan, jumping out of the bed to move in circles, ruffling through her hair. What was she supposed to do now? Call Amber? Yes, call Amber! That sounded like a good idea! Quickly, the girl dialed the woman’s number and waited for her to pick up.

But nothing.

“No, nonononono! Amber pick up! Pick up, pleeeeeease!“ No begging in this world would help her at this point. That damn woman ignored her, she knew! Desperately Krystal opened her KakaoTalk and typed wildly. ‚WTH Why won’t you pick up?! It’s important! Jongin plans to do something tonight!’ Her fingers rushed over the display as if she was the incarnation of Chopin, angrily playing his Revolutionaire. The little 1 next to her message finally disappeared. Amber read the message! Yes! Everyone was saved!

'So what?‘

The answer hit Krystal hard. “Huh?!“, she mumbled to herself, eyebrows furrowed as she couldn’t believe that Amber was doing this to her now. Was she kidding?! “Take me seriously! Is this a joke to you?!“, the girl huffed and clicked on sent, the pictures priorly sent by Jongin popping up in Amber’s and her conversation. The message ‚Jongin has photos!‘ followed but the little 1 didn’t disappear another time. “AMBER!!!“, Krystal yelled. Unfortunately Amber would never hear the outrage of the girl that just tried to save that goddamn woman’s .

 


 



The hotel, the way too gigantic event was taking place in, was crowded by an enormous amount of rich people dressed in the finest clothes. The heavy scent of flowers and perfume was lingering in the air and Krystal was tensing up next to Jessica, when her sister mentioned that Donghae and his family were close to the big stage that the hotel staffs had set up. Krystal glared at Amber. Amber in her white suit was looking as gorgeous as always, happily laughing next to her brothers while Krystal had rashly forced herself in a simple blue cocktail dress, make-up and hair fixed within minutes so she could join her parents and sister as quick as possible. She had to be early. Earlier than Jongin.

“Am-!“, she was trying to greet the woman when suddenly someone grabbed her wrist and pulled her around. “Look at you, Krystal Jung! What a feast for the eyes!“, Jongin complimented her and his voice let cold shivers run down Krystal’s back. “Jong- what - hi!“, she pressed the words through her lips and blinked a few times, a forced smile halfway cracking off her face. She found him. Good! Maybe being nice would work? Probably not, but it was worth a try. “Can we talk?“ With that she pulled him away, Jongin nonchalantly greeting her parents as he was removed from their sight. 

“Oh so fierce today, sweetheart?“, Jongin teased and Krystal just barely managed to not smack him in the face. She couldn’t believe she really found this disgusting douchebag attractive for a single second before. “Stop this, finally!“, she glared at him. Jongin seemed unimpressed. He just shrugged. “What do you mean? Commenting on the behavior of the woman I try to conquer?“

Krystal tried her best not to lose it. “You’re not going to conquer anything tonight“, she said and he immediately took the opportunity to further build on that discussion. “You said tonight. So any other day works.“ What the hell?! “NO!“, she barked.

He was doing this so on purpose, Krystal could feel the anger running through her vains. “Listen, Jongin, I don’t have time for this and I’m pissed enough as it is now! Could you please stay out of my life?! PLEASE?!“

“Sorry, I fear I can’t“, he replied immediately and the bold and overly honest answer left Krystal baffled for a second. “You know… I’m interested in you. I think we’d look good together. Unfortunately there’s this obstacle, this boyfriend of yours… and he’s treating you really badly. I mean… cheating with another woman is unacceptable whereas not really a surprise. Rich guys, you see, they’re often playboys. I just don’t like they’re toying around with my girl. So if you might excuse me for a second, I have to take care of this.“

His girl? Rich playboys? Krystal felt like being caught in the wrong movie. Where on earth did Jongin get the allusion from that she was his? She didn’t even like him that much and now he was playing the protective white knight that suddenly wanted to rescue her, because they spent a bit of time together?! What on earth was happening? The more interesting thing, however, was how he was trying to 'take care’ of everything. Jongin was moving over to the crowd that had built in front of the stage where Lee Sooman was already getting on to start his speech. Krystal’s classmate was standing there, smiling as some of the waiters handed him a glass full of bubbly fluidity. Of course he noticed Krystal staring, and when he did, he grinned at her and got out his phone to wave at her with it.

What.The.Heck.

Okay, for one thing she was sure of, it was that she had to find Amber. They had to do something about Jongin. In the end the person that get all of the damage wasn’t Krystal. It was Amber. Luckily, Amber and her brothers were still close to the stage, all of them looking up to their father that had already started his welcome speech.

“Amber! We need to talk!“, Krystal bursted out when she almost crashed into the group of people. “Krystal?“, Donghae wondered as the girl was grabbing his twin sister’s arm. “Jongin! He has photos! He’s going to use them!“

“What are you talking about?“, Amber almost spat out the words, but Krystal still insisted. “Check your phone!“ The woman really did and her eyes widened at the sight of the photos. “This little set someone up to spy on me!“, she hissed and her brother looked over her shoulder. “Amber! You know what that means?!“ Amber glared back at him. “Of course, I do! !“

“Jongin thinks your name is Donghae and that you’re a guy… it’s going to be worse if he gets to know you’re a woman“, Krystal added, knowing where exactly it would go. It would ruin Amber’s entire reputation and she didn’t want to know how her father would react to that. Actually, it would give Jongin all the power to blackmail Amber. Donghae nodded at Krystal’s words. “We have to do something about it. ASAP!“

As the group was talking about Jongin, Lee Sooman came to the middle of his speech. “I’d really like to let my son Donghae and his beautiful fiancée introduce their charity concept“, he said and the lights were suddenly directed at Amber, Donghae and Krystal. Jessica was standing a bit further away, already making her way to Donghae.

“Oh no…“, Krystal mumbled. Donghae was about to go, but Amber grabbed his arm and whispered to him. “Let me do it!“ The man seemed irritated but Amber just smiled forecefully and got up the stage. Lee Sooman was obviously confused when instead of the actual Donghae, Amber stepped up and grabbed the mic. Krystal was quick about it, too. Lee Sooman had mentioned Donghae's fiancée. If Jessica got up next to Amber, it would become even more confusing and cause more misunderstanding with Jongin.

“I welcome you all“, Amber started, “and am so honored to be the one talking to you up here. Thank you for giving me the opportunity, father.“ While she was putting on a show up there, Krystal smiled and waved into the cameras.  “Jeez, what are they doing?“, Donghae mumbled from a distance, keeping Jessica with him and blocking her way up the stage.

For a spare second Amber looked a little lost, but as she was looking for help at her brothers, she turned around to Krystal and suddenly handed the mic over ot her. "I'm very happy and thankful to Krystal. Without her this all wouldn't have happened. So, Krystal, the honour is all yours. Please tell everyone about our charity."

Krystal was in complete surprise as she looked at the microphone in her hands and slowly cleared . "Yeah... thank you all for coming... I'm so happy that you are all willing to support.... the good cause we're collecting money for." That was what a charity was about, right? To be honest, Krystal had no clue what this charity was about. She wished she had listened to Jessica constantly talking about preparations more carefully. "We all know that there are people out in the world that are not as lucky as us... so yays to helping them?" The audience was confusedly watching her, especially when Krystal had nothing more to say and just did a double thumbs up. Amber's eyes rounded at the sight of the girl and she quickly started to clap, so the audience would copy her.

Amber grabbed the mic once more, handed it back to her father and then quickly ran off stage, accompanied by Krystal, whose face had turned into a dark shade of red.

“Where’s this ?!“, Amber barked and dragged her away from Donghae, right through the crowd of people that were once again listening to Lee Sooman. “I saw him there.“ Krystal was pointing to where Jongin was standing before but for some reason he had disappeared. “Oh, whoops.“

“I’m going to kill that boy!“

 
Author's Notes

Wohow, another update. Just took me almost another year! If nobody messes with my tempo, this story will be done in 2040 XD
Just kidding, I really hope I'll manage to finish this story and be more productive. Alas, life is what happens while we're making different plans, right?
I'm still trying my best, so thank you to all of you who still keep reading this!

0Y0Lz4y.gif