Crush, Crush makes my brain go mush

My boyfriend is a girl?!
 Crush, Crush makes my brain go mush 

 

Or better said my weird obsession with that one person...

 
 

 

 

 

Krystal was 13 when she met the Prince Charming she had always dreamt of at her sister’s 18th birthday party. Since the Jung sisters were the inheritors of the mighty Jung empire in South Korea’s business world, the elder girl had been early engaged to one of the most influential politicians’ offspring, Lee Donghae. Jessica and her fiancé had been engaged for a while when she turned 18 but they always met up alone with their parents so the younger Jung sister was only allowed to get to know the family of her sister’s soon-to-be husband at important events. 

The rumored golden prince, as they had talked about Lee Donghae’s elder twin, was more than Krystal could have dreamt of. When she entered the party location, Donghae and his twin were already sitting together at one of the tables. The blonde died hair of the twin was shining in the light of the headlights which were installed all around the hall. His extraordinary looks were striking everyone entering immediately… and Krystal almost died when his lips formed a cocky grin and his hand went up to wave the sisters over to the table.

 

“Come on, we’ll say hello together!“, Jessica suggested and wanted to move forwards but her younger sister quickly shook her head and stopped like a balky horse. Nothing in the world would move her further to the table where Donghae and that person embodying perfection itself were sitting. The younger Jung sister didn’t feel ready. She didn’t feel ready to face her possible soulmate in this condition.

 

“You just go! I forgot something in the car!“, Krystal claimed  and quickly ran away, leaving her confused sister behind. The panic was just too big, Krystal had been of the opinion that the moment was not right to meet Lee Donghae’s heavenly handsome twin that day. She was just too ordinary. And he was way too awesome. On top of that the must have been how big?  Around 5 or 6 years? He would consider her as a child… How could a girl like her dare to talk to a boy like him?

 

That’s how Krystal Jung fled the first time she met the person of her dreams.

 

 

Three years had passed and Krystal’s chances to meet the brother of her sister’s fiancé never occurred again. The blonde guy was haunting her in her dreams, he was occupying her thoughts at any time and whenever a boy asked her out, she rejected him because she had dedicated herself to that one person she hadn’t even talked to ever before. It had been love at first sight and something was telling Krystal that she and the mysterious blonde guy belonged together. And if he didn’t think the same way, she would make him do it, soon.

 

“What do you buy for someone’s 21st birthday?“, Sulli asked and sighed. She already regretted that she had promised her best friend Krystal to help her find a birthday present for her sister. The two friends were walking through the COEX mall, Sulli already on the verge of despair. While she was seriously looking for a matching present for Jessica, Krystal was busy checking through all the shops to find the perfect outfit. Dresses, skirts, skinny jeans. She didn’t leave out a single thing. And for what reason? Well…

 

“Don’t you think you should better start helping me instead of looking for a new dress?“, the younger of the two asked Krystal and puckered her eyebrows. This was no fun at all, next time Sulli would let Krystal go look for whatever she needed all alone.

 

“I knooooow… but I need to look perfect tomorrow…! You can’t imagine how long I’ve been waiting for this day to come! I’ll finally meet him again!“, Krystal tried to explain and folded her hands, looking up as if she was about to pray and thank god for creating such a perfect creator like…whatever his name was. This time Krystal wouldn’t ruin it and run away. She would talk to him. She would finally win him over and then she would marry him! That was her master plan.

 

“That again?…don’t you think it’s weird that you have a crush on your sister’s fiancé’s twin brother?“, Sulli asked and shook her head. For the past three years she had to hear the story over and over again… and all the plans Krystal had made up to win the boy over. “He’s way older than you on top of that. I doubt that he’ll even be interested in you.“

 

Krystal just chuckled, her actual plan making perfect sense in her head. Birthday party, talk - talk -talk, falling in love at first sight. Yes, she was naive enough to believe that it would work out exactly this way. “Don’t underestimate me!“, she said and clapped into her hands. “I’ll look great! I’ll be great! We’ll get together! End of the story!“

 

Until now she was the only one believing that it would be that easy… even her best friend Sulli could only shake her head about it over and over again. Usually Krystal was an intelligent girl who knew when she had to give up. Yet, this topic was burning her brain down like a matchstick and everything left was nothing more than ash.

 

“Okay…you’ll get together…“, Sulli gave up. Once Krystal was in her ‚I will get the love of my life’- mood nothing was able to bring her back to her senses, “But that doesn’t bring us any further with Jessica’s birthday present. Would you please give that issue a bit of your attention and think about that, too?“

 

The Jung daughter looked up at the ceiling and tipped her pointing finger against her lower lip, thinking of the things Jessica liked and disliked. It was difficult to buy something for her sister. Everything she wanted, she already owned. Everything she disliked would cause her to chase after Krystal with it, attempting to murder her with it. Yes, Krystal was thinking of a giant cucumber.

 

“Don’t you have any idea? What are they giving each other for the 21st birthday in America? Maybe you can honor some of your time in America and buy her something that reminds her of your time abroad?“, Sulli suggested.

 

21st birthday American style…that would be unspectacular, though. Koreans were of full age once they turned 18 so the fun of being an american adult and drinking loads of alcohol was already achieved three years earlier. What the girl was looking for was something funny, something she could sister with and something that Jessica would never forget in her entire life. If they were in America, Krystal would take Jessica to Las Vegas or similar… but in Seoul, things looked differently. The girl scanned through the shops around them, noticing a little Captain America figure in one of the shop windows. And there an idea suddenly came up. “Hey Sulli, are you still friends with Minho? Do you think he could order something for me? I mean… like adult stuff?“ 

 

Krystal’s flow of thoughts was disturbed anyway when suddenly a bunch of people showed up in the mall and crossed the two girls’ way. Some of their schoolmates were walking towards them, at the top of them the person Krystal disliked the most. Kim Jongin and his followers.

He was laughing with his two besties Sehun and Taemin, four more guys walking behind the three leading boys, until he noticed that Krystal and Sulli were standing ahead of them, Krystal already making a face when the guys came closer. Ugh…seriously… that guy was annoying her the very moment she saw him.

 

“If that’s not our little Miss Arrogance, Krystal Jung.“, Jongin greeted her pejoratively and arrogant himself. The girl could only roll her eyes as a response. This was so typical for him. He couldn’t share a single friendly word with others.

 

“Oh yeah… and what was your name again? Kim… Jongun?“, she spoke indignantly and crossed her arms.

 

“IT’S KIM JONG-IN! NOT KIM JONG-UN!!!“, Jongin immediately barked, Krystal had hit the bulls eye with her statement. Being mistaken as the North Korean leader was no fun for Jongin but so it was for Krystal being offended by him in the first place.

 

She nevertheless seemed pretty much unimpressed by his anger. If it hadn’t been for Sulli, Krystal would have left immediately. She hated Jongin. Not because he was up to cause her trouble the whole time. Not because he was so persistent in pestering her. No, she disliked him because he was pushing around others just because his family was like hers extremely successful in the field of Korean business management. In addition to that Krystal had some serious issue going on with Kim Jongin. That more than disgusting guy had a crush on Krystal and ever since she rejected him, he was playing the resentful broken man who had to follow her around until death did them apart.

 

“Is there anything else you have to say or can we leave?“, Krystal asked and looked at her opponent in a challenging manner.

 

Jongin was gritting his teeth, his hands already forming fists while his friends were looking at him, nobody daring to say anything as they knew that they would be the ones he would get his anger out at if they tried to interfere.

 

“You’re pretty impudent for someone who might suffer under my reign, too…“, Jongin hissed. “You should treat me with a bit more respect so it won’t have a backlash on you some day…!“ The conversation ended up in a trial of strength of the two families. Jongin’s family was just as mighty as Krystal’s and the girl wasn’t willing to let Jongin walk over her that easily. If he wanted to argue, she would bite back at him worse than he did before.

 

“Your reign?“, Krystal blurted out in mockery, “My family is just as powerful as yours, plus I’ve got the Lee family behind me! You know… Lee Sooman?!“

 

Sulli nervously started pulling at Krystal’s sleeve. Her quick-tempered friend was about to get herself into some really bad situation if she wouldn’t stop. And Sulli knew Krystal well enough to predict that this was going to happen very soon.

 

“What do you mean?!“, Jongin snarled at her, his eyes squinted.

 

“No, Krystal…don’t!“, Sulli whispered towards her friend but it was already too late. Krystal had her run on it and she wouldn’t stop.

 

“I’m dating Lee Sooman’s eldest son! So who should be careful around who now?!“ The pride in Krystal’s voice was completely covering the fact that she was lying right now. Nobody dared to doubt her relationship with one of Lee Sooman’s children. Nobody except for Jongin.

 

“Ah really?! I’ll only believe that once I see it with my own eyes!“, he murmured and got his squad to leave. 

 

Krystal was triumphantly watching him take his leave like a bitten dog with tucked tail, not even wasting one closer thought of how she would manage to achieve what she had claimed to already be in. In a relationship with her dream guy.

 

 

Even though the girls didn’t find a birthday present in the COEX mall, Krystal had her ways to get a good present Jessica would definitely never forget in her entire life. Thanks to Sulli’s friend Minho, Krystal got her present soon. Jessica would probably laugh after opening the box and Krystal was happy that express delivery in South Korea really meant express delivery. 

 

When Krystal arrived in the big, splendidly decorated hall a lot of people were already present and the girl immediately wondered if her 18th or 21st birthday would be the same kind of social event, too. It was as if Jessica was some super famous celebrity and everyone wanted to participate in everything related to her. 

 

With the box in her hands, Krystal moved through the crowded hall, most of the guests already carrying drinks with them and laughing, the music was playing in the background but the star of the event was still missing. It was early in the evening and the whole makeup let it seem as if this was some very luxurious, overly fancy party. Okay, it was indeed… but it was also pretty classy since the sisters’ father wouldn’t allow any excessive parties which could harm his family’s reputation.

 

“Oh hey, you’re Krystal right?“, a guy suddenly talked to her when he found her standing in the room without any further orientation. The girl was looking for her sister, she must have looked like some lost puppy when she scanned the room.

 

“Uhm… yeah.“, Krystal answered and frowned at the guy who smiled at her. He was looking more than handsome and he somehow resembled Donghae a lot.

 

“I’m Kyuhyun, Donghae’s brother.“, the guy introduced himself and reached his hands out to Krystal. “Your parents asked me and my siblings to help a bit at your sister’s birthday party, so we’re in charge of the presents.“ 

 

Donghae had more than just one brother? Krystal blinked at Kyuhyun for a second before she handed him the box and watched how he was placing the in golden box next to a mountain of even more presents. Kyuhyun turned around to her again and gave her a short smile.

 

“Hey, can I ask you something?“, Krystal asked and pressed the tips of her pointing fingers against each other, her head lowered but her eyes looking up at Kyuhyun with the cutest deer- like expression the girl was able to show. “You’ve got another brother…right? Can you tell me his name?“, she asked sheepishly, her heart already beating quickly alone because of the thought of knowing her shining knight’s name.

 

Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows before he started laughing, already understanding what exactly Krystal was trying to do. He saw through her, shaking his head and patting hers. “You mean Henry?“, Kyuhyun asked and turned Krystal’s head around so her eyes were forced into the direction the guy was moving her head. “That guy, right?“

 

In front of them the person Krystal had been waiting for three years was standing next to another guy who looked like he was around Krystal’s age. Krystal’s dream prince was still blonde, he was wearing a black leather jacket, grey ripped jeans and a shirt with a black and white stripe pattern on it. Compared to all the other guests who had dressed like they were visiting a high class gala party, he looked like a rebel and Krystal found herself going into raptures all over again. She was even about to drool. And finally she knew his name. Henry.

 

“If you want me to, I could introduce you to him officially after the present unboxing.“, Kyuhyun offered. 

 

“Present unboxing?“, Krystal asked taken aback. Did she hear it right? A present unboxing? The fact that there would be an open present unboxing in front of everyone was overshadowing Kyuhyun’s offer to introduce Krystal to her self-titled future husband. Unboxing her present for Jessica in front of everyone…everyone would see what she had bought for her sister…everyone, ‘Henry’ inclusive. But why?!

 

“Since there are so many people coming today, our parents thought it would be best to do some open unboxing so Jessica can show her gratitude immediately instead of checking through the presents later and thanking the guests one by one which will take a lot of time.“ Kyuhyun’s explanation didn’t calm her even an inch. The moment Jessica would open the box Krystal had prepared, it would mean her instant social death. 

 

 

Krystal wasn’t given a lot of time and instead of getting to know her crush, she had to find a way to get her present box out of the present mountain. Easier said than done. Kyuhyun was walking rounds around the table like a vulture circling around carrion. It would be a difficult venture to get the box off the table without being caught by Donghae’s brother who was seemingly protecting the presents with his life. The younger Jung sister didn’t come up with a working plan until Jessica finally showed up and stepped in, the eyes of the guests immediately being attracted by her presence the moment she set foot into the room. Immediately the crowd began to sing.

 

“Happy Birthday to yooou, Happy Birthday to yoooou…“

 

While everyone was busy singing, Krystal sneaked towards the present mountain and grabbed the box in which her embarrassing present was waiting to be revealed to the world. Being sure that she had managed to escape some very humiliating disclosure, she didn’t see how her blonde prince had approached her and grabbed her wrist the moment she wanted to walk away. Irritatedly Krystal looked up at him, her whole face turning into a bright red, her heart beating like crazy. It was bumping violently enough against her chest to make her think it would jump out straight into his arms every moment.

 

“U-Uhm…you must be Henry, right? N-Nice to meet you…!“, Krystal stuttered.

 

Her crush frowned when she called him by his name, the confusion leaving her a careless  moment of his she could take advantage of. Krystal managed to free her wrist of his grip and ran away, the box in her hands and its content loudly jumping around in it.

 

“HEY!“

 

The girl’s attempt to run away was too quickly foiled when the blonde guy stopped her in the middle of the lobby outside. He was quicker, grabbing her shoulder to turn her around and immediately he tried to get the box out of Krystal’s hand. But it wasn’t that easy. She used all of her strength to keep it. For no price in the world she would hand him the box and let it being opened in front of everyone! Teeth grinding Krystal pulled at the box, the cardboard already ripping and being smashed by the two persons hands influence.

 

“What the heck?! Give it back, we’re in charge of the presents!“, Krystal’s crush barked and the unexpected feminine voice coming out of his mouth shocked the girl enough to let the box slip out of her fingers. Her crush landed on the ground, the box smashing to the ground and being opened by the rebound impact with the floor. The content was spread all over it.

 

Colorful packages were lying around the guy with the feminine voice, the main present rolling in front of his feet. He was obviously surprised by the weird stuff around him and hesitatingly grabbed the red and blue stick which touched one of his shoes. The moment he realized that he was holding a Captain America in his hands, his jar dropped and his eyes were focused at Krystal in disbelief.

 

Krystal’s whole body was shaking in embarrassment and humiliation when the guy she had wanted to date was holding the stupidest idea Krystal ever had in her entire life in his hands. At the moment there was nothing more she wanted than sinking into the earth out of shame. The frustration was big enough to force hot tears into her eyes which started rolling very quickly.

 

The guy slowly got up and collected all of the lost pieces around him, placing them back in the box and holding it out to Krystal. When he noticed her crying, he went into a squat in front of her and gently touched her face to wipe the tears away with his thumbs. His stare was earnest, he didn't laugh either did he show any sign of judging her.

 

“Don’t worry… this is a secret between us two.“, he promised - still with his weird feminine voice - and got up.

 

This was not how Krystal had imagined her first interaction with her dream prince to be like…not even a bit.

 

 

The mood was bright and festive when Krystal returned to the hall where the event was officially opened. Her father and Lee Sooman were standing in the middle of the crowd, both of them holding microphones in their hands. Jessica was standing at the side next to her fiancé, Donghae, and his brothers . Krystal tried to keep being unnoticed, standing a bit offside from where she could follow the opening but didn’t get involved herself by any chance.

 

“Thanks for the large attendance at my lovely daughter’s birthday party.“, their father thanked their guests and waved Jessica and Donghae over. “And I also want to thank my daughter’s fiancé and his siblings for helping me organizing this party. Donghae, you, your twin sister and your younger brothers did a great job!“

 

Wait, wait, wati! What did he just say?! Krystal’s mouth dropped open the moment her father finished his sentence and her body froze. Did he…did he just say…twin… sister?!

 
Author's Notes

Omg…people, you’re insane… I only posted the description of this story and got 60 subs on that… holy… (noooo, no pressure at all, hahaha…ha…).

Well thanks to you, I gained some KPs before I even uploaded the first chap, so I decided to try some layouts and until now I really like the one I chose for this story. It’s my first time working with layouts and writing stories differently with the formatting. Let me know what you think about it.

Thanks for reading this story, I hope I don’t disappoint any of you (jeez… I’m always scared with so many subs before uploading…#pressure2.0)!

EDIT: The he... just checked the layout on my android phone and it was horrible to read...good thing I usually use my computer. Anyone who thinks the layout at smartphones, too? Should I remove the layout?

0Y0Lz4y.gif