Here for You

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

Here For You


Here he is again, Yixing thinks, his eyes watch Yifan with worry as the older takes one of his bullies by the collar only to push the boy to the nearest locker, making the whole block of metal rattle.

Everybody knows now that Yixing is gay. It has been weeks when one of his upperclassmen outed him in the cafeteria asking the younger how come he is always around Yifan and if he is gay. Yixing’s only reply was: “So what if I was gay?”

There was an uproar following his reply and with a vague answer that kind of leaned on to him hinting the possibility that he is gay, the school concluded that Yixing is gay and his lack of girlfriends since he hit puberty is their other evidence. 

Yixing is a player for the basketball team and he can be considered the ace if you remove their team captain and his best friend Yifan. He dances for the school team as well and his hip s are enough to make the girls drool faster than he can break a sweat. But Yixing never really pondered about his uality, saving it for later when he has the time and the energy to worry about something that he thinks he shouldn’t concern himself about too much.

He thinks that one’s ual preference should not be what people judge you for but for what you have achieved and if you have been a good person to your fellow.

It is curious how people’s minds are so twisted, he ponders, as he watches Yifan being pulled away from the other senior by their coach.

<>

“You know you didn’t have to do that.” Yixing scolds Yifan as he wipes antiseptic over his bruises. He sniggers to himself whenever the older howls in pain because this is obviously nothing compared to the punches he received.

“Tch. And what?” Yifan tries his best not to roll his eyes because he’s had this conversation with Yixing countless times since they were kids. “Just watch you get bullied by others, I’m a better friend than that.”

“But I’m gay, Yifan.” There, the affirmation that he needed to let out. He has thought about it after that small altercation at the cafeteria and he has come to a conclusion that yes he is gay. And his only reason is because all he ever really sees is Yifan. The dancer himself is pretty popular with the girls but he has never felt anything for any of them. But with Yifan, he can barely contain himself when the older is in a ten-meter radius. He thinks it is crazy; to have special romantic feelings for someone you grew up with to be closer than a brother but it’s not like he can stop his feelings from developing.

“You can be straight, gay, a bunny, hell you can even be that magical creature unicorn that you love so much and I would still be here for you.” Yifan tries to smile around the purplish bruise forming on the corner of his lips and even broken like that, Yixing still thinks he’s the most good-looking person he’s ever met. Good-looking, inside and out.

“But what if I like you? Or worse fall in love with you?” The younger mumbles, afraid that if his best friend hears it, the elder will run and never come back. This makes Yifan’s eyes widen in shock and for a second all Yixing wants is for the ground to swallow him whole. And then his best friend is smiling again. Yifan reaches for the younger’s hand that is now icing the side of his head.

“Then I would be honored,” Yifan squeezes Yixing’s hand in reassurance, “it is not everyday that a person like you will fall in love with me.” Yifan didn’t think he would get more beating after fighting for the younger but here he is receiving weak punches to his chest as Yixing’s cheeks slowly take the color of tomatoes.