Surprise

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

Surprise


Yifan is back in Shanghai for a few promotional works and to film some endorsements. After wrapping up for the day, he immediately asks to be brought to his hotel, knowing that Yixing is in Hengdian for his Old Nine Gates filming and not in his Shanghai apartment. He thinks it is unfortunate that lately, due to Yixing’s filming schedules, whenever he is in the city, his boyfriend would be somewhere else.


He arrives at his hotel and is left alone by his manager right in front of his room. He is surprised by the fact that there is already a key on the slot and that the lights are open. When he moves further into the room, bypassing the snack bar where he usually goes first to get a drink, a huge blue box with a big white bow waits for him in the middle of his bed. Just by looking at it, Yifan deduces that it is roughly around 1.5 meters by 1.5 meters maybe even less. There are no cards, no stamps, no indication of where this gift came from. He also doesn’t remember anyone telling him they’ll be sending something for him. And if they were going to, they probably would not have put it in a box like this and would have their name somewhere on it.

The actor cautiously walks towards it, after inspecting it from all angles at a safe distance. Yifan knocks on it, nothing. The box has some weight to it so he decides on not shaking it. He stays at the foot of the bed before he slowly and carefully lifts the lid of the box with one hand, afraid that something might jump out of it. It would not be the first time that a fan would have been able to intrude his private living area. But he still gets surprised that when he lifts it up someone does pop up. He almost stumbles back and falls on his if not for the hand holding his.

“Baby! Surprise!” It is none other than Yixing.

“What?” Yifan’s question came out breathily, disbelief flashing through his expression and words. Yixing just giggles and uses Yifan’s hand to support him as he stands full height and leaves the confines of the box. 

The younger immediately throws his arms around his boyfriend’s neck and with a pout he asks: “You didn’t like my surprise?” He tilts his head to the side and his expression is a mix of hurt and confusion.

“No, no, I loved it baby. I was just, well, surprised.” Yifan counters, his arms wrapping around Yixing’s waist in realization that this is not a dream that his boyfriend is really there in front of him, right within his reach.

“You thought I was in Hengdian, didn’t you?” Yixing teases, his eyebrow waggling playfully.

“Yeah because that’s what you told me last time.” Yifan grumbles, bringing Yixing closer by his shoulders and burying his nose in the younger’s shiny black hair.

“If I told you then it wouldn’t be a surprise.” Yixing murmurs against his chest, the younger’s arms tightening around his middle.

Yifan hums and kisses the crown of Yixing's head, “I guess you’re right.”

“But I’ll be going back there tomorrow,” the elder can hear the sad tone in Yixing’s voice, his dainty fingers grabbing fistfuls of Yifan’s shirt, “since filming for To Be A Better Man is already done.”

“Then we’ll have to make use of the time we are given properly,” Yifan pulls away, only to lean down and seal his lips with Yixing’s. The younger easily agrees, pushing his lips against Yifan’s as he pulls him to the bed, pushing the box down to the floor to give them space.

 


A/N: Inspired by this fanart