Fireworks

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

Fireworks


Yifan has been struggling with the part-time jobs he’s been holding down while he finishes his college degree. He wasn’t even able to buy Yixing a gift for Christmas because all of his earnings go straight to his tuition and living expenses. He is thankful that his boyfriend is always understanding and never fails to remind him that he doesn’t need gifts as proof of Yifan’s love for him.

“I know you’re doing this for our future.” He remembers Yixing saying, “That in itself is probably the greatest gift you can give me.”

The New Years is no different than their Christmas, nothing fancy with the food on the table and no fireworks to light up themselves. Yixing is staying at Yifan’s place for the night, unlike Christmas when the younger only had a Christmas date with him on the twenty-fifth because Yixing’s parents were in town. Their dinner was filled with stories, a lot of feeding each other and hand-holding. Once the food is wiped out of their plates and even the dining table, they move to the living room, putting the cleaning up for later or maybe even tomorrow. All they want to do is cuddle on Yifan’s old yet comfortable sofa.

They settle on the living room and watch a New Year countdown show but halfway through the opening, Yixing falls asleep on Yifan’s chest. The elder knows Yixing has been preparing for his upcoming exams so he just pulls the younger closer to his chest and allows him the time to rest.


“Baby?” Yifan rubs Yixing’s arm, hard enough to wake him but not too hard to hurt him. It’s already close to 11:30 PM, just half an hour away to the New Year and Yifan suddenly had an idea.

Yixing rubs his eyes awake and looks up to his boyfriend. Yifan pinched his cheek, overcome by how adorable the younger is even when he is still in the process of waking up. The brunette playfully slaps his hand away and rubs his cheek as if he was hurt by Yifan’s action. The elder removes his hand from his cheek and places a kiss on it. The reaction is instant and soon Yixing is red to the tips of his ears, hands weakly slapping at Yifan’s chest who just gives him a chuckle and tells him that he was so cute he just had to.

“Why did you wake me up?” Yixing asks once Yifan is done explaining how insanely adorable he is.

“Oh, I wanted to show you something.” Yifan stands up and offers his hand to Yixing who takes it, he leans down and kisses the younger’s other cheek and says, “Grab your coat and scarf, we’re going out.”

 

Yixing would have said that it’s a terrible idea, that it’s freezing outside and he doesn’t want to die of frost bite but when they reach the top of he hill, his hand held by Yifan’s larger one, he forgets that he should be complaining. 

The city lights twinkle from where they are, skyscrapers still have some lights and Yixing can even hear the distant sound of a band playing, maybe there to welcome the new year. He looks up at Yifan who is still gazing at the cityscape, the beautiful shape of his face something Yixing would recognize anywhere even in dim lighting. He squeezes Yifan’s hand and looks back to the lively city.

The elder had said that it would be the best place to watch the fireworks instead of the television or the little window in his apartment that is even blocked by the neighboring apartment building. Yixing couldn’t agree more. It gives them a wide panoramic view of the city and they will get to see all of the fireworks from every point, wherever they may come from.

Yifan looks down at his watch and it tells him that there’s barely a minute left to the new year. He grabs Yixing and places the younger in front of him, arms wrapping around the younger’s shoulders.

“Just a few more seconds.” He murmurs against the top of Yixing’s head. His words slightly muffled by the younger’s curly hair.

Then they begin to have their own fireworks show. It is as if the whole city decided to use fireworks that day, every corner of the city lit up by it.

“Happy New Year, baby.” Yifan lowers his arms to Yixing’s waist and whispers against the younger’s ear. Yixing turns his head to where he knows his boyfriend is and responds with a kiss. Yifan easily falls to the rhythm and slides his tongue inside the younger’s open mouth, dancing together with the other’s as the sky around them glow in flashes of white, yellow, red and every other possible color.

When they part, Yifan plants his forehead to Yixing’s and he watches how the lights reflect on the younger’s eyes. It’s so beautiful, Yixing is so beautiful that he loses himself in it.

“Happy New Year, love.” Yixing whispers against his lips, breaking him out of his reverie.

Indeed it is.

 

 


A/N: Happy New Year everyone! :) I hope 2016 will be a year full of blessings for all of you :)