Sweet

Fanxing/Kray Drabbles

Sweet


Yixing just started working at a coffee--bakery shop near his university and it’s been a blast. Two weeks in and he is already considering dropping out of college and working there permanently. Firstly because the vibe in the shop is just what he needs, it is always calm and it relaxes him enough to forget that he has a deadline the following day. Secondly, the treats.

Every week, Kyungsoo, the son of the owner, gives him a batch of cookies that he can take home with him as a little bonus for his hard work. This week the younger has decided to experiment on making his own chocolate and has recruited Yixing’s help for it.

The sweet aroma fills the kitchen as Kyungsoo carefully mixes the cocoa powder, sugar and milk in a pot. He dips a spoon from time to time to test out the taste before making any changes with his measurements to make it taste the way he likes it. Yixing sits opposite where Kyungsoo is mixing away, with a pen and paper, jotting down notes and making changes on the younger’s earlier recipe. Once Kyungsoo is satisfied with the taste, he takes another spoon, dips it in the mixture and presents it to Yixing for final tasting.

The part-timer’s eyes gleam with joy as he tries to reach out and dip the spoon once more.

“This is so good, Soo!” He compliments the younger again, humming around his spoon with his eyes closed. Kyungsoo thanks him shyly before placing his final mix into molds.

As thanks for his help, Kyungsoo places twenty pieces of the chocolates they made in a bag and hands them over to Yixing once the elder’s shift for the day is over.

 

Yixing waits patiently on a bench, on their bench, where he and Yifan met months ago. The elder being a lonely, new member of the workforce just trying to find solace in the middle of the busy streets of Seoul while Yixing was the quiet hungry artist who was willing to provide it. It has been months since that day Yixing met the elder here, at the very same spot. Remembering himself asking worriedly if the older man had any problems, the lines that mark his face making him look older than what his identification card says, has him smiling and realizing how far they’ve come even with just months of meeting.

“You seem happy.” A deep voice cuts through the chatter of Korean words around him with more familiar tones, his mother tongue. If anything, his smile only grew wider, eyes instantly turning into crescents while his dimple make its appearance.

Yifan takes the seat beside him and immediately drapes his arm over Yixing’s shoulder, a possessive yet affectionate gesture. It makes Yixing blush. The younger is still shy whenever Yifan displays affection in public, especially in a place where families come often. They are a gay couple and although people are slowly gaining awareness of the presence of the gay community, it is still quite taboo especially in South Korea. Yifan, even if he notices the way Yixing seems to shy away from his arm, doesn’t seem to care and just tightens his grip on Yixing’s shoulder even more.

“You said you had something to show me?” Yifan asks, eyes scanning Yixing for anything new, a haircut, an accessory (though the younger rarely wears any) but he finds his younger boyfriend to be the same as before. 

They could have done this at the elder’s place or at Yixing’s flat but the younger still has a paper to work on and he knows very well that inviting Yifan over could lead to them in bed tangled in each other’s arms.

Yixing digs through his backpack and when his fingers wrap around the tiny plastic with the sweets his eyes shine again. Yifan stills, he doesn’t think he has seen a more beautiful pair of eyes before. He was so focused on looking at Yixing’s eyes that he missed the younger removing his hand from his bag to produce a little plastic bag. The younger’s giggle breaks his reverie then Yixing happily shows him the chocolates he made with Kyungsoo.

“You know if I didn’t know Kyungsoo is with Jongin, I would be jealous.” Yifan comments as he opens the carefully tied pink bow. Yixing blushes at the comment, he likes it whenever Yifan says he’s jealous. It just instantly makes him feel more loved than the elder lets on.

After struggling with the bow, Yifan finally gets to the chocolates, his large hands making the dragon-shaped chocolates look like tiny dots. When Yixing urges him to taste it, Yifan pops the chocolate in his mouth. The younger eager to see his reaction, eyes him expectantly. The elder smirks and draws Yixing in for a kiss. Yixing is so surprised that he involuntarily opens his mouth to gasp and right then Yifan transfers half of the chocolate to him. The elder pushes the sweet with his tongue, sliding the wet muscle above Yixing’s palate enough to make him moan before completely releasing the younger.

“Sweet?” Yifan’s voice is but a whisper as he rubs the tip of his nose to Yixing’s. The younger gulps, eyes wandering around to see if they caught anyone’s attention. Thankfully there were only a few other couples benches away from their slightly secluded one.

Yixing with his beet red face finally looks up at Yifan as if his question just registered to his brain and answers: “Sweet, yes.”