“Can I have this dance?” (Verkwan)

One Hundred Ways to Say ‘I Love You’

I FELT REALLY REALLY INSPIRED AND WROTE THIS IN LIKE TEN MINUTES, SO IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES, BOTH TELL ME AND FORGIVE ME. I know I've been absent as hell, I'm the father that left to buy cigarettes and never came back, and I will try to fix that, I'm sure you all understand how hard it can get a writer block, I really appreciate how you all gave lots of love to this "story", I encourage you to leave comments because I swear to god it makes my day whenever I read that you liked my little writings. It makes me really really happy.

Well, that's it, no more lame stuff, enjoy!!!!! 


 

// Highschool AU // (prom AU???????)

 

Prom was almost everything Seungkwan ever dreamt of. It was not exactly a secret that he had an amazing voice, I mean, come on, he had barely all the main roles in the musicals they did at the drama club. And he couldn't get that one because his mother decided to take him on a mother-and-son trip, an offer he absolutely would never refuse to. So when that small and cute girl asked him if he could get on the stage and sing a few songs for the other students, Seungkwan knew prom was going to be his moment to shine like a true star. Also, he really enjoyed the idea of dressing up and taking pictures with your partner while both of you looked extremely astonishing. It was definitely almost everything he EVER dreamt of. Well, at least until he realized he wasn't into girls. In fact, he had never been. He found himself rejecting all the girls that encouraged themselves to ask him out for the big day. All of them. Not even a hint of doubt in his negative. Even thought he knew he couldn't go alone, not when it was his chance to become the most popular and loved teenager in the whole city. Going alone would kill his reputation, for good. But it wasn't as bad as going with a boy, knowing how homophobic and not exactly open-minded were 7/10 students there. And there was this other thing. Specifically, this other person Seungkwan couldn't get his eyes off. He knew deep down that everything he wanted was to ask him out, maybe start a movie-like romance with going together to prom, dance a few songs, sing while looking straight to his eyes, like he's the only one listening; hold hands for a while or the whole night, a peck or two, or five, maybe seven, he was willing to sacrifice himself for the cause. But he also knew that there were from 0 to 0'2 chances in a scale to 50 that this guy felt the same way. Yeah, sure he looked at him like he wanted to devour him, sure he always pressed himself to Seungkwan while sitting next to each other, and would buy him his favorite ice cream, listen to him while he was complaining even if it was the silliest thing in the world, call him cute nicknames like kwannie, stare at his neck, his cheeks, his ears, his jaw, for longer than needed; smile at him like they haven't seen each other for a week when they just separated for a few minutes. But it meant nothing. Nothing at all. They were just friends. Good friends that wanted to secretly smash their lips together and would never tell the other. And Seungkwan only found out about this when Hansol took him out of prom and, standing in the barely illuminated hallway, in front of each other while the group on stage played a ballad, he asked him: “Can I have this dance?”

Seungkwan finally knew.