“Come here. Let me fix it.” (Verkwan)

One Hundred Ways to Say ‘I Love You’

//High school AU//

 

Seungkwan has been waiting their whole senior year for this moment. He knows Hansol is going to be asked to go to prom like a hundred times during this week, so he has to be fast or he might lose the only left chance. It's not like he has many, Hansol and Seungkwan share two subjects, but they only really "see" each other at one of them, at the other they sit in completely opposite sides of the classroom. It wasn't especially easy to get to know someone who most of the time doesn't even sit near you. Seungkwan ain't sure if the younger guy ever paid attention to him, romantically speaking, the baseball captain always surrounded by his fellow team members and the cheerleaders, his chemistry partner, the ray of sunshine that hits him every time they encounter at the hallways... But he's going to find out. Now.

"Hey, Hansol!" Seungkwan starts running, approaching him, who has recently started to climb the stairs. The younger guy turns to search the person that called for him.

"Hi, Seungkwan." He says, once they stand at the same step, next to each other. "What are you doing here so early? It's not like you have morning practice, unlike me." He scratches the back of his head, a little confused, while they continue walking into the building.

"Something I couldn't skip needed to be done right now so..." Hansol smiles and Boo melts like chocolate under the sun on the hottest day of the year.

"Never thought I'd see you being the irresponsible one, waiting until the last minute to do someting."

"How has been practice, so far?" Seungkwan asks, afraid of an uncomfortable silence. He mentally slaps himself on the face, because that was the perfect moment to get into the desired "subject" and he just brought up another one that has no relation at all with what he wants to ask.

"I'm not going to lie, I love all my teammates, the cheerleaders are really nice too, at least... most of the time, but with prom so near they all have become crazy. Crazy, I tell you, no exaggerating at all! It's like we entered a new and unknown world. I swear to god if I ever hear "Wanna go to prom w' me?" again I'll puke.

"Wanna go to prom w' me, Hansolie?" Spits Seungkwan, with a nervous grin plastered on his face and starting to look like a tomato. Hansol looks at him, trying to figure out if he was just joking or it was an actual proposal.

"Is it now when I puke?" Seungkwan's heart breaks into a million pieces after hearing this words. "I was joking! I was joking, Kwannie." Hansol holds him by the shoulders and looks at him directly in the eyes. "You know I'd go with you if you asked me seriously, we have that... You know, kind of relationship. Everyone knows I have a crush on you, man."

"What?" The older guy stares at him blankly. "I knew nothing, what do you mean? A crush on me? Why would you?"

"Why would I? Look at you, I mean, damn!"

"Damn? Are you trying to pick a fight?" Screams Seungkwan, pushing Hansol's hands. "I'm the one who has a crush on you don't you dare mock me. Is this a hidden camera or something?" He starts looking everywhere, trying to find someone with a camera and Hansol's friends with huge "Loser!" and "It was a joke!" banners. But there's nothing.

"I'm not trying to pick a fight and for sure this ain't a hidden camera, Seungkwan. Can you please relax?" Seungkwan looks at him with apparent anger, but does as the younger one says. "Thanks. Can we get into the real deal now?" The other guy raises his eyebrows, looking troubled. "You want to go to prom with me? Because I want to go with you, for sure."

"Yes." He replies, before even thinking. When he realizes what he has done, he covers his mouth with both hands, looking at Hansol, astonished, while the other laughs, clearly amused.

 

"Can I ask you something?" Seungkwan is looking at himself in the full length mirror of Hansol's restroom, trying to tie his bow but terribly failing on every attempt.

"I'm not buying you this pop music christmas edition new magaz-" He spits, slightly bothered because Seungkwan has been insisting about it for weeks and his answer isn't going to change. No matter what.

"I wasn't going to ask for it again!" Hansol stares at him, getting up from his bed and walking towards the door, leaning on the door frame. He shakes his head twice, letting the other know that he can continue with his demand.

"Do you remember when we... agreed to go to prom together?" He's looking at Hansol through the mirror so, when he sees the other one nod, Seungkwan keeps going. "Why did you say it was so obvious that you had a crush on me? I mean, why was it that obvious?" He bites his lip, still in trouble with his bow.

"I asked one of my teammates a few months ago, because I wasn't sure myself what the hell was I doing that made everyone but you notice my feelings... Apparently, it was the way I looked at you. It makes sense why were you the only one that didn't found out since no matter when, you were always facing the other way, not staring back, you know?"

"I understand... I thought it was only m- Goddammit, can you stop being such a ?" He suddenly screams. Hansol freaks out, not sure if he was yelling at him, until he sees the other guy fighting with his bow, looking at it as if he was going to beat it to death.

"For god's sake, Seungkwan, come here, let me fix it. You should have asked before making all this ruckus."

"What ruckus?"

"Never mind." He replies, tying perfectly the dark garnet bow. "Here, done!" Hansol smiles at him, and once again Seungkwan feels like he has been hit by a truck, grinning in return.

"Thank you."

 


I wasn't exactly inspired when I started writing this but as I wrote it started getting really cute, my feels were overwhelming me and I couldn't stop. It's not the promised Verkwan one-shot but I felt like this wasn't the appropiate topic so for now, the next one is great as hell so I'll give it a try right after uploading this drabble!
Please keep supporting my work and if you find any mistake or anything I encourage you to let me a comment in order for me to correct it, thank you very much!
PS: You can always give suggestions on what pairing do you want me to write about, keep it in mind!