“I’ll walk you home.” (Jicheol)

One Hundred Ways to Say ‘I Love You’

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA It really has been a while since the last time I updated! I had a serious block, words didn't come, or at least they didn't come the way I wanted them to... I hope you can understand. 
This is my first jicheol ever, I think they may be a little ooc, I tried my best to make them sound like... like they are the ones talking and not me, if that makes any sense????
Remember to tell me if you find any mistake or if you think some of them shouldn't have said anything this way or whatever you think ain't feeling alright and IF YOU LIKE IT ALSO TELL ME IN A COMMENT BECAUSE IT ALWAYS FIRED ME.
And suggestions are still open! I'm already working on the ones I got.
Thank you for reading my work and supporting me, lots of love!!!


 

// University AU //

 

Jihoon sat quietly on the top step of the stair leading to the office room, coffee on right hand and scratching his neck with the left, sighing to himself. It wasn't the first nor the second but the third time he had been rejected for a job this week and it was starting to piss him off. Making him think that maybe he wasn't made for this type of life, maybe he should be a common waiter that worked too much not being paid enough, not known by anyone and living in a small flat with just a bathroom and a room only capable of keeping a mattress on the floor. Or not even that, he should get a tent and live at the streets as a beggar. Yeah, it was fate. Jihoon the beggar.

After finishing his drink, he got up and walked to the nearest bus stop, while messaging his friends in order to hang out for a while, see if he could stop feeling so miserable and useless. Barely watching where his steps were, he entered a crosswalk, not caring too much, only facing the screen of his phone, and ended up crashing into another person. He raised his head, looking at the clearly surprised almost one-head taller black haired guy. You could tell by his face that he didn't pay attention to Jihoon until they bumped into each other.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jihoon screamed, enraged and blaming the other kid. In fact, none of them knew who the guilty one was.

"Excuse you?"

"Are you trying to pick a f-" Then, a car honked, startling them. Both guys noticed that they were standing in the middle of the road while their light was clearly red.

" you, man." Said the other guy, pissed off. Jihoon showed the unknown male his middle finger, even thought he already faced the other way, and ran to the opposite sidewalk.

 

"People are so mean nowadays" he babbled, after telling his friends how amazingly great his day had been, now sitting at a large table in the left corner, near the window, of their favorite coffee shop. "I'm so angry I could-"

"Get a hold on yourself and do the world a favor." Said Seokmin, who was sitting next to Seungkwan and Jisoo, both meaning it and joking.

"I hope I never see his face again, I'm truly pissed off."

"It has been thirty minutes ago, I think you can forget about it, this city is too big, the possibilities you have of encountering him again are amazingly low. Don't worry." Replied Jeonghan, sitting in between Seungkwan and Jihoon, before taking a sip of his bubble tea.

"You should clearly be more concerned about the job thing." Stated Jisoo, patting him on the shoulder. "Remember I can still talk to this friend of mine and get you a place in his restaurant. The pay isn't really high but you can subsist for a while, until you get a better one."

"He's considering it!" Screamed Seungkwan, slapping the table and leaving all his friends shocked. "I saw the look in his face! It was the same he had the last time we went out for dinner and the waiter offered him fried chicken."

"He must be really desperate if he's actually thinking of taking your offer." Added Seokmin, trying too hard not to laugh.

"Why are you comparing something so serious with picking what you're going to eat?" Asked Jeonghan, frowning, slightly confused.

"Food is really important." Seungkwan nodded.

"I think I might give in." Declared Jihoon, finally, looking only at Jisoo.

"Do you really think that's the most accurate thing to say...?"

"He could have chosen even worse words."

 

Jihoon stood in front of the backdoor of the restaurant for a few minutes before actually knocking. It was his first night there. Well, it wasn't even a night because his shift started at half seven, but he had to stay there until eleven so it really didn't matter how he called it. He saw a dark red motorcycle, with the name of the establishment printed in white on its side, parked at his right, with a big box placed on the back, probably for the delivery service. It was already 7:25 so he decided to knock, after taking a long breath. A tall, no, a really tall and tanned boy opened the door. Letting Jihoon see a bit of the large kitchen behind him.

"Are you the new guy? Jisoo's friend? Eh..." He looked a little bit troubled trying to remember his name.

"Jihoon, Lee Jihoon."

"Great, I'm Mingyu. Please come in."

"Is Jihoon already here?" He heard while entering the kitchen. A skinny guy with an apron tied to his waist came from their left, fluffy light blonde hair and with a face that screamed 'I'm not Korean'.

"I'm Minghao, nice to meet you." He offered Jihoon his hand and the older accepted it, staring at the other's bright smile, a little in shock. "You're taking the shift after mine. So you being here means I can finally go home."

"Do I take his apron or...?" Asked Jihoon, staring at Mingyu, as if he was the one in charge of everything. His faced showed that he clearly wasn't.

"Take it until the boss gets here and tells you otherwise or to keep wearing it, I don't... I'm not sure." He replied, scratching his arm.

"The order for table number four is ready!" Screamed one of the guys in front of a big pan, placing fried rice on two plates. "Get your lazy to work and stop chatting, even if now there aren't many, more costumers will get here in about an hour."

 

At first, Jihoon thought he got it. Pretty easy, work carrying around stuff. But he was so wrong, not having worked in a while made him feel clumsy compared to the others. At the second hour, he started to feel his arms aching. And the fact that the first cook told him to place the orders in boxes for the home delivery couldn't have made him any happier. This meant he could rest for a while after the next meal was cooked. And have a seat! Oh, and how grateful he felt for being tired of working. Working meant money! Money meant... Honestly, money meant everything.

He found himself humming happily, placing each order together according to the address and what asked the costumer, until the delivery guy crossed the door. Jihoon raised his head, ready to give him all the tickets and the bags with the boxes, while the guy took off his helmet. Both of them stared at each other for 20 long seconds, without saying a word. Jihoon thought of all the possibilities, even the one of stabbing him countless times with the meat knife, but decided to be politically correct.

  "Here are the bags with the orders, each of them has a number that matches the ticket with an address." For the sake of my job. For the sake of my job. He kept telling to himself, trying to look nice. Maybe he could even make the other guy believe he didn't remember him. Maybe. "It's my first day here so I'm not sure how you're used to do this but I tried to do my best..." Jihoon told him, shrugging. The taller guy kept quiet, looking at him, clearly confused.

"Seungcheol we have to deliver this in less than thirty minutes, what the hell are you doing?" Yelled Mingyu, while leaving with two plates on his hands.

This 'Seungcheol' guy took the bags without taking his eyes of Jihoon. He had to admit it, even if he made his blood boil full in anger, he was awfully attractive. Jihoon found himself wondering when would he come back. Was he going to look at him like that again? His eyes made his insides flutter. And that pissed him off even more than the incident of the crosswalk. A douchebag shouldn't be allowed to look this good.

 

Before actually noticing it, the close time arrived. The boss came and after giving Mingyu his pay, since he still was a student and sometimes couldn't afford to work the whole month; he showed Jihoon his contract, which seemed good enough to make the guy sign it. He got his jacket from the dressing room and left the building, saying goodbye to the people who were still in there before closing the door.

"Hey." The sudden greeting shocked him, almost making him jump. He saw the delivery guy, Seungcheol, leaning against the motorcycle, maybe trying to look cool or actually being cool.

"Hey." Replied Jihoon, swallowing, lips forming a thin line as he put his hands inside the pockets of the jacket.

"I'm not sure if it was my fault, yours or ours but... I wanted to apology, for the other day thing, you know?" Said Seungcheol, with a slightly crooked smile, not showing too much teeth but not too little either.

"I'm not so sure myself either." Maybe he's not that bad.

"Can you now stop pretending you don't think I'm an , then?" And maybe Jihoon didn't know who had the blame of them crashing into each other but he was more than sure that the smile that came after this words was worth all the diamonds in this world.

"I think maybe I can give it a try."

"That'd be great." Seungcheol broke the eye contact, shifting his weight from the left to the right foot, his lips, staring to nowhere. "Do you..."

"What?"

"Do you mind me if I... Well, I know I don't even know your name. Oh, god, I don't even know your name." He said, in a hurry, looking back to Jihoon. "I'm Choi Seungcheol." He raised his hand and Jihoon took it gladly.

"I'm Lee Jihoon."

"Nice name, it's beautiful. It suits you."

"Are you saying I'm beautiful?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Answers Seungcheol, kind of nervous and excited at the same time. Jihoon didn't know what to say. "And now that I know your name. Do you mind me if I..."

"Stop making me lose my time in spit it, please."

"I'll walk you home."

"You what?" Jihoon both opened his eyes and frowned, dumbfounded. "You're going to walk me home? In your motorcycle?"

"This?" Seungcheol pointed at the bike. "Of course not, they'd kill me if they found out. I meant walking."

"What if I live in the opposite side of the city?"

"We will find out as soon as we start walking. And I can always take the subway back."

"Are you an idiot?"

"Am I?"

"You're an actual idiot!" Screamed Jihoon, not sure if he wanted to laugh or punch him.

"Sure, whatever you say, let's start walking, Lee Jihoon. I feel like wanting to know everything about you."

"Don't piss me off, delivery guy."

Maybe being a waiter not known by anyone wasn't that bad at all, it had good things, like getting to know the person a few days ago you wanted to punch in the face.