"No, no, it's my treat." (Minsoon/soongyu)

One Hundred Ways to Say ‘I Love You’

It's been a LONG TIME since the last time I updated, how funny I thought I'd be able to update everyday, isn't it? I started this chapter on the 4th but been on a hard writerblock and... Well, life ain't easy. I'm not exactly happy with how this chapter turned out and tbh I had a lot of doubts lately. I just hope you can forgive me for this not exactly good drabble. Will comeback soon with a great verkwan one-shot (since it seems like it's the only thing I can do lol). Please keep supporting me and if you have any suggestion or find any mistake let me know, thanks!

 

// University AU // (minsoon/moshi with a bit of seungsol/verkwan because I love them too much I can't help but write about them)

 

The street dancers end the choreography, stand in a line and bow to render thanks to the crowd that has been paying attention to them for almost 10 minutes. Chan handles Soonyoung a bottle of water and both of them take a deep breath, leaning into each other, trying to regain the composure after such a hard and long song while people start to leave the place, still talking about their performance.

"Hey!" Says a tall guy with greyish hair, while approaching them. Being more specific, Soonyoung. "You've been great. It's for sure the best I've seen this whole month."

"Yeah, it was pretty neat." Replies Chan, not sure if he was praising only his leader or both of them. "Though we lack of members today."

"Still, we did a nice job." Soonyoung and Chan shake hands and then the younger one leaves the other two alone to gather all their stuff. "He's starting to wonder why you come so often here."

"Is it weird?"

"I guess, since you're the only one that comes to see us all the days. All. I mean that." Soonyoung laughs a little, covering his mouth and trying not to sound mean.

"Should I start looking for a disguise?"

"God no! It'd be funny if you do, I won't deny it. But it'd be even more suspicious. Furthermore, I don't think there are a lot of guys as tall as you in this city and my friends aren't stupid."

"Shall we go now?" Asks Chan, coming back and giving Soonyoung his bag. "Or do you have... other plans?"

"Actually he d-" Starts Mingyu, but Soonyoung interrupts him, placing a hand on the chest of the taller guy.

"Yeah, we need to head for a place before I go back home. Can you please tell the others that we still need to buy meat for tomorrow's party?"

"Sure, have fun." Chan shakes his head as in a goodbye and starts walking towards the bus station at the end of the street.

"How was your day? I missed y-" Says finally Mingyu, after five minutes of walking in silence, barely arriving to their destination.

"Why are you so over-affectionate?" Inquiries Soonyoung, smirking at the younger one, wanting to hold his hand but holding his sleeve instead. "We're still on public." Once they enter the café, Mingyu approaches the counter to ask for their drinks while Soonyoung stays behind him, taking his bandana off and wiping his sweat with it.

"Good afternoon, may I take your order?" The cute barista smiles at them kindly, tilting his head slightly towards their right.

"Yeah, we'd like an iced green tea latte and..." Mingyu turns to face Soonyoung, unsure about what to ask for him.

"A youthberry white tea." Answers the older one, after looking at the menu for a while.

"Good choice, it's my favorite!" Replies the barista, Seungkwan, since that's what his name tag says. Soonyoung wonders if he's just lying for a higher tip.

"Seungkwan, remind them we have the espresso offer." Screams the other barista, in the middle of cleaning the coffee machine.

"Oh, right, thanks darl-... Hansol!"

"Darlhansol, that's a really weird name." Whispers Mingyu at Soonyoung's ear, while taking his wallet. The older one wonders if he's kidding or being serious.

"I'm sure he was going to say darling but reminded himself that they're working at a public establishment." Mingyu laughs not exactly discreetly at Soonyoung's theory.

"Well, as my partner here said, we have a new offer: two espresso for the price of one. It's a new promotion to spread the love for them."

"Oh... Sorry, neither of us can handle a espresso, it's too bitter."

"Don't mind, they're also bitter for me, but I have to sell them." Seungkwan laughs and proceeds to tap on the screen what they ordered and how much will it cost. "It'll be 7'35 dollars, please." Soonyoung opens his bag, searching for the little pocket where he puts all the coins he has. He owned a wallet on the past but he kept losing all the coins no one know why and it was absolutely counterproductive.

"What are you doing?" Demands Mingyu, stopping his hand and taking it off the bag.

"I'm getting the money for paying my tea, I guess?" Soonyoung raises his eyebrows, confused.

"Hey, it's my treat. Put the coins back."

"I'm not allowing you to pay for my things, we always p-"

"I know, but I also know how long you've been saving for this amazing shoes that will make you look like a star and be more comfortable while dancing and the little that it's left for you to be able to get all the money you need, so please, let me pay for this."

Soonyoung ain't sure if he wants to hit or hug him, and he goes for the second one, jumping into Mingyu's arms, not caring anymore that they're a meter apart from the baristas and in the middle of a café.

"ing idiot."

"Thanks, I know."

"Why can't you do this kind of thing for me?" Asks Seungkwan to Hansol pointing to the two costumers and making the younger one stare at him with dead-fish eyes.