“It reminded me of you.” (Verkwan)

One Hundred Ways to Say ‘I Love You’

When he closes his eyes he can clearly see the face of the young boy that always picks the best piece of fruit for him, who perfectly orders for him the right hamburger or knows how to make that bitter coffee actually taste good. The same person that is always paying attention to him, no matter when or where or what is Seungkwan saying. And when he opens them, there he is, like a ray of sunshine coming through the window while it's still raining, his favorite song popping on the radio or that new move that Soonyoung taught him coming out in a perfect way. Something beautiful that you will always appreciate and will make your day even better than it was.

"Shall we go to the dorm now?" Asks Hansol, offering Seungkwan a hand. He takes it and lets the other guy get him up.

"I've never been so sweaty." He replies, unsticking his t-shirt from the skin, disgusted by his own smell and appearance. "I don't even want to know how I look, don't let me be near any mirror, please." Hansol laughs at Seungkwan's exaggerated reaction.

"You know you always look good."

"I also know you're lying." Seungkwan is already preparing his ultimate reply in order to win this, apparently, contest, when he finds himself being weak by Hansol's words.

"Why would I be lying about something obvious?" He tries not to look at the older guy and puts his hands on his pockets. "Ahhh~ I really want to get in the shower. Let's hurry." Says, ending the topic and walking faster, trying to catch up with Junhui, Wonwoo, Jeonghan and Jisoo. Seungkwan touches his neck, nervously, not sure if he wanted to go after them but deciding it was better to join them and avoid acting weird.

After arriving to their house (the dorm) and having a quick shower, everyone gathers at the big living room and eats to their hearts content, especially Mingyu, who ends up getting his and half of Soonyoung's meal.

"That's clearly not fair" says Jeonghan, but his words don't match his actions, since he keeps eating in silence like nothing happened, ignoring the other two.

"I need to eat more, I'm bigger and younger."

"Don't say it as if you wanted to bet even taller." Soonyoung hits him in the upper-arm.

"And you always say the same, but it's not true. Furthermore you don't even gain weight, what am I supposed to do?" Seungkwan complains, raising his chopsticks. "Always on a diet and trying to do enough exercise..."

"I don't see how Mingyu not gaining weight affects you." Says Jihoon, patting him in the back.

"Just make sure you stay healthy and don't overdo." Replies Seungcheol, sitting beside Jeonghan, who shakes his head in agreement.

"He doesn't even need to lose weight." Spits Hansol, leaning a little over Chan's body. "You're okay the way you are now..."

"Okay is not enough for being the visu-"

"I'm going to be the visual." Mingyu interrupts Seungkwan so sudden and serious that everybody in the room freezes for a second before bursting into laughing.

"You better be accepting soon the visual's going to be Je-" Says Jisoo, being, again, interrupted by Mingyu.

"Don't."

"We really should get some sleep, it's almost three a.m." Proposes Soonyoung, getting up without waiting for them to agree. "And it's not like this conversation will lead us anywhere."

Hansol lets himself fall on the couch, staying there while everyone leaves to their respective rooms, thinking about how much of a visual Seungkwan is, with those bright eyes, amazing hair, clear skin and his astonishing voice. He's not even remembering the "on stage" Seungkwan, but the "I just woke up don't look at me" Seungkwan. The one who he shares room with, the one who always tries to pick a fight and loves hitting him in the , speaking bad quality English and trying to rap, though sometimes he actually does it well.

"Ain't you coming?" Asks Seungkwan, bowing his head down and staying not too close but not too far from Hansol's head. He turns to face him and they stare at each other for a while, before saying anything or moving. Both of them can clearly tell how fast their hearts are going, and even so, they stay like that.

"Kids, we're not in a romantic drama, get in bed, please." Seungcheol's voice coming from one of the bedrooms surprises them, making Hansol get up. Both of them get back to their usual selves in front of the curious eyes of the leader.

 

"I will never ever eat this damned cake again." Seungkwan sets aside the little dish, disgusted and clearly annoyed by the smelly and full coffee-flavored piece.

"If you don't like bitter things, why you keep ordering them? It's like you're some sort of masochist." Chan stares at him deeply, trying to understand something that doesn't even have a proper explanation.

"He's kind of a masochist." Answers Hansol, enjoying the shift that has taken the conversation, and taking the chance to mess with Seungkwan.

"Yeah, I am, I love you and you're always hurting me." Screams Seungkwan, covering his face with both hands and trying to look desperate and miserable, including even fake tears. But Hansol stays still, looking at him, not knowing how he's supposed to react, only raising his brows a little. "Since no one loves me here I'll go for a walk" gets up from his chair and walks two steps before turning his head back "and I don't want anybody to follow me, I'm being serious here." He sticks his hands into his pockets and leaves the café, sighing.

"Let him be, we had nothing to do, anyway. It's not like he's going to get lost... " Murmurs Hansol, more to himself than to the boy next to him, with a hand on the back of his neck and the eyes on the table. He haven't done anything, nothing at all, yet he feels like all the blame of the world rests on his shoulders for the first time in his life. Inside his head, Seungkwan words keep repeating, like a broken record. A broken record that always shows a beautiful voice saying something really sad.

He knows Seungkwan didn't mean it, he was clearly joking, of course. But the thought of actually hurting him, making him as miserable as he pretended to be, breaks his heart more than he ever expected.

 

Hansol rests his head on the cushion, listening but not paying attention to whatever story Jeonghan and Seokmin are telling them. They keep gesturing a lot, Seokmin spends more time laughing than actually speaking, but that's pretty normal. Seungkwan is sitting far, far from him, on the other side of the living room, sharing a weird and old-looking magazine with Soonyoung. Hansol tries to imagine what are they talking about, since their voices are too low for him to listen. And he finds himself being jealous. Not because what's going on, but with who's going on. Not with him. Hansol should be the one sitting at the corner on that uncomfortable sitting position, smiling at his friend, forgetting about everything and just enjoying the time they spend together.

Then, as if he read his mind, Seungkwan raises his head and looks at Hansol, making direct eye-contact. Show a little smile that makes Hansol's heart skip a beat. He turns his head to Soonyoung and says a few words before getting up, he was probably excusing himself.

"Hey." Hansol barely dies, not expecting someone to appear from the back and whisper at his ear. But it's obviously Seungkwan.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Asks Hansol, looking at him like a puppy who missed his owner that went on a very long trip and left him at the neighbors' home.

"Come with me, it won't take long." Seungkwan smiles and Hansol knows he would go to the end of Earth with him if he asked like that.

Both of them stand at the hallway, under the only light that comes from the living room, at the end of it. Seungkwan is checking his pockets searching for something, a little too nervous for such a casual request. It's not like they never spent time together completely alone in a slightly dark place. Well, that's what Hansol would like to think, instead, he's as shaky as him.

"I don't want to bother but... you said it won't take long. The others will start to think weird things, you know?"

"They already do, just give me a few seconds, it should be here." And at the exact end of the sentence, Seungkwan lets go a shout of victory and raises his hand in front of Hansol's face, holding a little package. "Open it."

"Wait, what do you mean they-"

"Just open it, damn it."

"Okay, okay..." He opened the envelope, only to find a thin chain with a both cute and cool dark-blue colored charm hanging on the middle of it, tied with two knots on its sides to stop if from moving. "Oh my god."

"Does that mean you like it?"

"I do." He keeps his eyes on the unexpected present. "I really do, it's so cool... How'd you find it?"

"In a little shop two streets from the café we were at this morning. When I saw it, it completely reminded me of you. It was like a piece of your soul made it... Glass?"

"Well that's so lame and sappy." Hansol tries to make it sound serious but he can't help but laugh.

"I'm not lame or sappy!" Seungkwan screams, hitting him plenty of times.

"Wow it looks like I really am the masochist one here!" After hearing this words, Seungkwan stops, letting his arm fall, resting against his body. Hansol stares at him, eye to eye, blink after blink, only to end up asking: "Do you want to tie it for me?" Seungkwan nods plenty of times before grabbing the chain.

"You really like it?" He asks, as if he was asking about him and not about the present, looking at the floor, embarrassed and insecure. Hansol holds him by putting both of his hands on his shoulders.

"I do." And leans over him to give Seungkwan a kiss on the lips.