icarus is flying too close to the sun

i want to do what bunnies do with you

chapter one.

Having Seungri as his flatmate is fun. Sehun thinks he's lucky to have him as his flatmate. There are a lot of pros about it. For example: Seungri never lets Sehun to go out alone, he always makes sure to tag along with Sehun. It's good. When Seungri accompanies him he never feels alone. Most important is that how Seungri and Chanyeol get along fast. Chanyeol is the type of friend who acts like a parent. Simply, Seungri getting along with Chanyeol is a good achievement

But logically if there are pros, there's also some cons of having Seungri as his flatmate. One of them is how tipsy Seungri is when he's drunk. It didn't take long for Sehun to realise this one problem. After all, Seungri took him to a pub two days after their first encounter. It'll be nicer if Seungri is not easy to get drunk (which he is not). This one causes Sehun to carry Seungri home when he's too drunk (and tipsy).

Seungri is also the type to bring his friends to their flat and have movie marathon. They're loud, and that annoys him sometimes. It shouldn't be a big deal, knowing how sociable Seungri is. Problem is that Sehun can't study when they're being too loud (and drunk). This usually ends up ranting to Chanyeol about this problem. Chanyeol will usually respond with an ’at least he's not banging someone while you're studying'.  And, yeah, it could be much worse if Seungri brings ladies home.

Anyway, Seungri is still the funnest though. He's also funny. Sehun thinks that the cons aren't that bad, as long as he can handle those cons. At least they get along well. That's the most important for now.

--

December is coming fast. Sehun knows that this means Seungri's birthday is coming closer too.

The weather starts getting colder and the autumn leaves slowly disappear. He wakes up the winter breeze coming inside his room from the opened window. Well, perhaps having a hangover this early isn't that bad. He doesn't have any classes today so, yes, good timing for a hangover.

It's already the first day of December, he realises when he looks at the clock sitting on his drawer. His flatmate's birthday is drawing closer. He sighs, hand massaging his own temple. He probably should start thinking about what present he should give Seungri. The lad has done a lot of things for him.

His phone rings after a minute of thinking about presents. Sehun reaches for his phone, noticing a text message from Seungri. God, his flatmate is such an early riser when it comes to university duties.

(Or maybe he’s just too excited since it’s his last year in university, who knows)

“Hey,” Seungri greets him when he finally answers the call.

Hyung,” He pauses. “Are you—at university right now?”

Seungri chuckles from the other line. Sehun thinks it’s calming. When Seungri chuckles it’s like he is assuring that everything is fine.

“ Sherlock,” Seungri says. “No professors though, saengie, so I’m good”

Sehun nods (though Seungri can’t see him nodding). This is one of the oddest habits that Seungri has. Seungri likes to call him, a lot. And it’s not for some important things. Usually Seungri calls just to tell him about how boring his class is. There’s also that one time where Seungri calls him to tell him about how the lady next to him is very gorgeous. Jiyong told him once that—well—that’s a Seungri thing. He tries not to think about it that much.

“Did we get drunk last night?” Is what he asked to Seungri which results with the older lad snorting at the question.

“Don’t tell me you forgot what happened last night!” Seungri wails dramatically.

“No, I just wanted to make sure about it” He answers fast. A dramatic Seungri is an annoying Seungri so he should try and avoid dramatic Seungri. It’s still too early for him to start a playful drama with Seungri.

“Nice,” Seungri’s tone changes again, a bit livelier and less dramatic. “So anyway, it’s the first day of December, I hope you know what I’m talking about”

He gets the code. Even though he's still half asleep, he gets it. Seungri's birthday is coming.

 “Bye, Hunnie, I’ll call back later” Seungri finishes without waiting for Sehun’s respond. The call disconnected and Sehun thinks that he feels a tug on his chest.

He ends up sleeping again after the call.

--

He wakes up again to his window already closed. There's also a smell of newly baked potatoes, and Seungri leaning to the bedroom’s door. Sehun blinks his eyes twice, adjusting the light in the room to his view. Seungri’s lips form a wide smile.

“Sleeping beauty finally awakes, huh?” Seungri says in a teasing tone as Sehun lets out a yawn.

“Shut up” He says, getting up from the bed, wrapping the duvet around him. It’s a little colder than the first time he woke up. The snows should be coming soon then. “S’ cold”

Seungri tries to make an amused look at what he had said. “It’s December, Sehun”

“I know, I’ve noticed”

“Dammit you’re pouty when you just woke up,” Seungri huffs. “I’m going to the kitchen and eat the potatoes, come join me when you feel like it, princess”

Seungri winks at him and leaves him blushing. He always does. With all those stupid nicknames, also the flirtatious gestures he did. Sehun had asked Jiyong about Seungri’s behaviour. What he received as an answer was Jiyong laughing at him and a pat on his shoulder. It’s still bothering him until now.

During their first month as flatmates, Seungri wasn’t that confident with nicknames. He did call Sehun as Hunnie though which is—acceptable. Since it’s like a shorten version of Sehunnie. The thing that confused Sehun is how the nicknames came out of the sudden.

The first time it happened. Seungri called him honey. That was when they’re both watching Masterchef US on the television. Seungri wanted to drink Sehun’s coke and Sehun didn’t let him. That’s where the ‘honey, please’ slipped out and causes Sehun to blush instantly. He shoved the coke to Seungri’s awaiting grasp.

Ever since that, the couple-y nicknames started. It’s not that Sehun hates them. He likes couple-y nicknames. Chanyeol has some cute nicknames for him. His friends back in Korea do too. Even Jiyong had called him baby once. So, what’s the problem now?

He thinks he should just eat something. His stomach is already making those weird noises. Maybe he can ask Chanyeol about this later.


a/n: fast update and longer chapter. i hope writer block's not here to take inspiration away ! anyway, thoughts? hope you guys like this one.  (also title is a bit random, sorry !) friendly reminder you can hit me up on twitter here 

title is from bastille - icarus