Lies.

소년, 소녀를 만나다 (Boy Meets Girl)

[ Elizabeth's POV ]

Paige went to Australia today -- but it wasn't like I cared. I mean, of course I did.....

It's just, I haven't seen that babo Jinki in days. Days!! Wasn't he supposed to be my boyfriend? Aish...

 

No wait.

 

I meant FAKE boyfriend. Darn it! I even mispronounce this in my head! I must be a total idiot. Well, I'll admit that I miss him -- but only a little bit. Not a lot. I mean, who'd miss those smiling eyes and beautiful smiles? y voice and adorable clumsiness? ...... Okay, pretend I didn't say that. But seriously, where was he? I was starting to get a little pissed off.

That was when I saw Minho walking by, and I quickly grabbed his arm. Man, he was tall, now that I thought about it.

"Noona?" He asked. I gaped at him, "I'm the same age as you!"
"Oh, really?" He rubbed the back of his neck. "You were dating Jinki hyung for so long that I forgot --"
"Where is he?"
"Huh?" His coal black eyes looked seemingly confused for a moment. "OH, you mean Jinki? He should be up in the band room. Why?"
"Just wondering." I replied nonchalantly. I knew he found my response a little skeptical, but he just shrugged. "Okay."

 

Now to grab that dubu.

 

[ Jinki's POV ]

I was preparing this surprise for two weeks now. Yesung and Eunhyuk helped me out with the tuning -- I would've been completely lost without them.

That's right, I was composing a song for Elizabeth. I know, I know -- we're not in a real relationship. But still, a relationship was a relationship, right?

I was beginning to grow a soft spot for her. We were 'dating' for about a month now, and I really got to know her as a person. She was funny and caring... Well, I'll spare you the details. But what I really liked was how she was her own person -- there was nothing fake about her. I found it refreshing and definitely appealing.

Now, I just had to get this right....

Suddenly, I felt someone cough above me. I instantly realized that Yesung and Eunhyuk were no longer in the room, and in their place was Jiyung. She was staring down at me with those seriously fake and not-so-innocent eyes.

"Jiyung? Um.. What are you doing here?" She didn't answer, she just grabbed my arm and hauled me up to my feet.

"What are you--" Then I felt it. Her lips on mine. She was kissing me.

...

...

...

HOLY CRAP SHE WAS KISSING ME!

I was about to shove her off, but she quickly pinned me against the wall. That was when I heard a gasp, and Jiyung turned around to see no one other than Elizabeth standing at the door. Before I could do anything, she ran out of the room.

"Wait Liz!" I shoved Jiyung off, angrily saying, "Look what you've done! God, I wish you'd just disappear sometimes!" and sprinted off.

I had to explain... The situation looked so bad...

But when I got to the front, she was gone.

 

******

 

[ Elizabeth's POV ]

I should've known. Of course they would get back together. Who was I to think they wouldn't?

Ohmygosh, I was hurting so bad. Just a split second of that torture was enough to send me crashing down into the pits of total darkness. I felt terrible and torn apart. Why did I feel like this?

Why?

Because I liked him? Of course I didn't. We weren't a real couple.

I can't believe, that all this time, I thought I was winning -- I thought I had him.

But starting from Day 1, I never had him. We were never real. What was I winning? -- nothing. Nothing at all. Jiyung was one step ahead and I just blinded myself to believe she wasn't. Pure idiocy, I swear to you.

I wasn't angry. I shouldn't have been. What he was doing wasn't cheating... It would've been cheating if we were actually a couple, but we weren't. We never were. I was lying to myself and the rest of the world.

So what the hell was I doing...

 

[ Paige’s POV ]

Okay, so what would I do if Elizabeth called me at 2 in the morning, crying her eyes out while I was all the way in Australia?

  1. Tell her everything was going to be okay.
  2. Tell her to freaking pull herself together.
  3. Don’t do anything.

Eh….

“I don’t know what to do!” She bawled, clearly exasparated. Then when I finally opened my mouth to speak, she whispered, “Paige… I did something really bad…”

“What?” I asked, baffled. “What did you do that was so bad?”

It was silent for a moment.

 

“I lied.”