Not So Newbie.

소년, 소녀를 만나다 (Boy Meets Girl)

[ Jinki's POV ]

"Now guys," Key clapped his hands together, shoving his clipboard under his arm. "We're adding a new member to our band, he's really talented. I'm thinking about putting him in as a lead singer."

Another lead singer? I wonder who...

That's when Kyuhyun stepped in, and everyone's eyes widened.

Kyuhyun? You have got to be kidding me.
The kid was a High Honor student and on his way to becoming a lawyer. There was no way he could sing.
He was way too cool for that.  [a/n: in my perspective anyways XD]

"Kyu?" Eunhyuk choked. Him and Yesung were Kyuhyun's best friends, and they were absolutely SURE he couldn't sing.
Key must've messed up his eardrums or something.

"Hey." He smiled, placing his hands in his pockets.

Key was completely oblivious to the shock and decided to continue to with his speech, "Kyuhyun's a Junior (yeah Key, we know that already -__-) and participated in our school's International Math Olympiad. He auditioned for the position of Pianist," Everyone gave relieved sighs...... "But I decided to squeeze him in as lead singer."

"WHAT?!"
"But..Why?" Jonghyun asked carefully, not really wanting to piss Kyuhyun off. Not that he would, anyway - he was pretty easy going.
"I heard him sing. And he's AMAZZZING," Key said matter-of-factly. "Why don't you sing to them hyung?"

Ohmygod. Did Key just call Kyuhyun hyung? Did the world just change its course?

"Sure." He shrugged, pulling the mic away from Eunhyuk's outstretched hand.

"Um.. I guess I'll go acapella." Soon after his voice filled the room, and no one could do anything but drop their jaws and stare.

7년을 만났죠
아무도 우리가 이렇게
쉽게 이별할 줄은 몰랐죠
그래도 우리는 헤어져 버렸죠
긴 시간 쌓아왔던 기억을 남긴채
우린 어쩜 너무 어린나이에
서로를 만나 기댔는지 몰라
변해가는 우리 모습들을
감당하기 어려웠는지도

He gazed curiously at us as he finished, "So...What do you think-"

"WHOA. WHOAWHOAWHOA. HOW THE HELL DID YOU LEARN TO SING LIKE THAT?" Eunhyuk blurted, obviously freaked out.

Kyuhyun simply shrugged, a smile tugging at his lips.

Key gazed admiringly at the Junior, and I was starting to think he was developing a crush on him.

"Showers?" Kyuhyun joked, letting out a chuckle. "Is it really that shocking?"

 

"Well," I stepped up towards him. "Welcome to the group."

Everyone nodded in approval.


As he looked me at me gratefully, I couldn't tell if it was relief that flashed through his eyes, or just thankfulness.

It was as if... He wanted this.

 

As if he always wanted to be part of the band.