Chapter

His Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 weeks had past and BanYeol received no sign of Sunggyu. Everyday she was tempted to visit him but her pride took over, not allowing her to take a single foot in his direction. With Sunggyu playing on her mind 24/7 BanYeol stayed at the orphanage, hoping it would keep her temptations at ease, but deep down there was a part of her that was waiting to catch him lurking around.

‘I don’t get it!’ She said to herself as she drove to the convenient store. ‘I don’t care if he’s a vampire, this is rude! How can he just abandon me like this?’ BanYeol paused, as something unwanted crept into her head. ‘What…what if something bad happed to him?’ BanYeol gripped tightly to her steering wheel, ‘ahh I’m being stupid! Of course he’s ok, he just doesn’t want to see me, I should leave him alone.’ She said to herself as she put the radio on and sang to the music, trying to get rid of Sunggyu form her mind. 

Arriving at the store BanYeol wrapped her scarf around her neck tightly; today it was extra cold then usual. As she approached the automatic doors a gush of wind pushed her forward. ‘Sunggyu?’ She quickly thought to herself turning around but he wasn’t there, it was just the wind. Feeling stupid BanYeol walked into the store, annoyed with herself for letting Sunggyu interfere with her again. Taking the list out of her pocket she accidently dropped it to the ground, she bent over to pick it up forgetting her body still hadn’t fully recovered from that night. ‘Ahh,’ she moaned as she grasped the list. She clutched her stomach and closed her eyes; the darkness took her back to the forest. Seeing Sunggyu with blood all over his mouth and his red eyes intimidating her. BanYeol opened her eyes again, the bright light blinded her for a brief second, and then she was back to reality. Shaking her head she began her shopping. For the past 2 weeks she tried to stop thinking about Sunggyu but she found herself always wondering off. His cold presence, horrid attitude and beauty always seemed to find a way of drawing her back in. 

Finishing her shopping BanYeol drove back home. She hadn’t been there in weeks and was beginning to miss her personal space. Just putting the key through the keyhole felt like such a relief. Tired from her not so busy day BanYeol put her shopping away and dozed of on the chair.

Deep in her sleep she had that same dream again. She was alone, somewhere unrecognizable, it was as though she was underground. She could feel insects crawling on her body and someone watching her scream in pain, that someone of course was Sunggyu. As soon as a glimpse of his face appeared BanYeol woke up in a sweat. ‘Not again,’ she said to herself as she sat up. Looking around her dark house she felt a little scared, ‘ugh,’ she moaned, ‘how long have I been sleeping?’ She checked her phone and it was 7:24pm. To scared to leave the house or fall asleep BanYeol occupied her mind with study.

It hadn’t even been a few minutes until her obsession with Sunggyu took over again. She found herself searching ‘vampires’ on the Internet. Nothing but warning signs appeared. ‘Blood ers,’ ‘non-humans,’ ‘animals,’ ‘monsters.’ BanYeol had enough. She closed her laptop and went back to sleep, only to have the same dream, again. 

The chirping of the birds woke BanYeol up the next morning. Looking out her window she decided that she had had enough of living like a slump. BanYeol decided to call her mum to see if she could help out in anyway. As her phone rang she felt her heart beating really fast, why was she nervous? 

‘Hello?’ BanYeol’s mother said down the phone.

‘Hello mum, how are you?’

‘I’m well; just miss my daughter who said she’d come back after a month but still hasn’t come. Anyway, how are you? Are eating well?’

BanYeol sniggered, ‘mum I still have work to do; I’ll be back soon. You know I can’t just leave like this, oh and yes, I’m eating well.’ She replied smiling to herself. ‘I’m actually ringing you because I need some advice.’

‘Oh really? Go ahead.’ BanYeol’s mum replied attentive.

‘Actually…I erm…I have made a friend here but they’re…different-.’

‘Is it a boy?’ BanYeol’s mum interrupted cheerfully.

‘Mum!!!’

‘What? You’ve never dated, how can a woman never date? I’m excited!’

‘Seriously mum? You’re meant to support me, not make fun!’

BanYeol’s mum laughed, ‘ok, what is it? Is he not interested anymore? Are you not giving him what he wants?’

‘MUM!!’

‘Hahaha, I’m joking! But seriously now, what’s wrong?’

BanYeol sighed, ‘mum he’s…he’s different so I don’t expect him to be like us but he’s so rude and arrogant. All he does is hurt me, I don’t know why I’m like this…’ BanYeol said, unable to finish her sentence. 

‘Like what?’

‘I…I don’t know, I can’t possibly have feelings for him, I’ve only been her for a month, it’s impossible!’

‘No it’s not.’ BanYeol’s mother replied.

‘Yes it is mum, lets think of this logically.’

‘BanYeol you’re my daughter and I love you. You very intelligent but sometimes in life its not your brain that knows the answer, but your heart.’

BanYeol breathed out, everything her mum just said made a lot of sense. Admitting that she had feelings for Sunggyu already cleared things for her. 

‘Mum what do I do? I haven’t seen or spoken to him in 2 weeks. Something happened and he got angry but he’s always angry and I hate that!’

‘Is that why you doubt your feelings for him? Because you believe you can’t love someone who’s different?’

‘No, no, it’s not that. His difference is what made me attracted to him. Yes, at first I wouldn’t let him go because I wanted to ‘fix’ him but it’s not like that anymore.’

‘Does he know this?’

‘He doesn’t even know how I feel, how can he know when I don’t 100% know myself?’

‘Ah, see this is why you need to date often.’

‘Muuuum,’ BanYeol moaned. 

‘I know something is going on and you’re not telling me but I trust you. I know you’re aware of what you’re doing and you wouldn’t do anything wrong or put yourself in danger. But if he’s making you upset and he’s hurting you, then how can I encourage my daughter to fight for this man? However, if there’s more to it, and you know why he’s sensitive then help him, you’re a healer after all.’

‘You’re right mum! See

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter