Chapter

His Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Do you really have to go? Can't you stay at home with me?' BanYeol's mother pleaded her daughter as she packed her suitcase. BanYeol is a doctor of great skill; she has been called for volunteering at an orphanage in Busan. 

'Ommaaa please, I'm only going for a month, those kids need me.'

'Ahh why does my daughter have to be so amazing? Why can't a different doctor go instead?' BanYeol's mother moaned as she sat on the bed helplessly watching her daughter pack.

'I know right? You gave birth to an amazing person, you're so lucky!' BanYeol mocked trying to make her mum laugh.

'Yeah I am, so please don't go. You know this is a scary world, how can I protect you if you're not with me?'

BanYeol sighed and walked over to her mother, she kneeled on the floor and placed her head onto her mothers lap. 'Omma you don't have to worry about me, I'm old enough to look after myself, just please take care of your health, okay?'

BanYeol's mother sighed, 'you're my daughter, I'll always worry about you.'

'I know, I know, but I'll be back very soon, you won't even notice I'm gone.' 

BanYeol's mum slowly stood up, 'there's no changing your mind is there?'

BanYeol shook her head.

'Mum is this about those stupid vampires you believe in?' She walked over and placed her hands on her mother's shoulders. 'Ommaaa!! How many times have I told you that they don't exist, have you seen one?'

'No, but-.'

'See!' BanYeol interrupted, you haven't seen one because they don't exist. Mum please you have to stop being scared of something that isn't real. You can't live like this.'

Her mother looked down at the floorboards as she exhaled. Her daughter will never understand her fears. Knowing that there is no stopping her daughter BanYeol's mother reluctantly agrees to letting her go although she knew deep down that she never really had the option to choose otherwise.

---

'Please be safe, call me once you arrive and make sure to look after yourself okay?' BanYeol's mother told her daughter as she stood outside the bus.

'Yes mum and you please do the same, I'll be back before you know it.' BanYeol smiled and hugged her mum, she felt guilty for leaving her but she needs to go and help those poor orphans. As she ascended the bus she waved to her mother who stood outside. For the first time ever BanYeol could see how aged and fragile her mother looked.

---

After hours and hours of what seemed like an endless journey the bus finally came to a stop. The shining bright moon reflected the buildings. BanYeol grabbed her suitcase and got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter