Chapter

His Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The vampire was worried; he knew this interfering woman would come along. It surprised him to meet someone who wasn't scared, who trusted him enough to place herself in front of him without any fear. He was so used to feeling empty, alone and abandoned. The loneliness was slowly but surely driving him crazy, his thoughts eating him up inside. The vampire felt useless and even more alone then ever, he only wanted a reason to live. Lonely days and nights spent alone made him become more withdrawn from the world. This world so full of people and he wasn't able to speak to a single person. What kind of life was this? The pain and emptiness made him become a walking shell. He no longer felt anything inside.

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

BanYeol woke up extra early that morning. She quickly got ready and had a few bites of her breakfast. She no longer had any fear of the vampire. Deep down she was scared of this sudden trust she had for him, but no matter what, there was no stopping her. BanYeol found something that interested her and once she liked something she never let it go. 

The vampire didn't trust himself or BanYeol. He was sure she had other alternatives on wanting to meet him. 'Maybe it's a trap?' He thought to himself. As soon as the sun fully raised the vampire hid himself somewhere really dark, somewhere no one could find him. For once he was scared. 

Out of breath she finally reached his unpractical house. Patiently waiting BanYeol knocked on the door. 'Why doesn't he ever answer?' She said as she helped herself inside. BanYeol called out for the vampire but he was nowhere to be seen. Brocken floorboards, cracked walls and smashed glass was everywhere but no vampire in sight. Whatever was left of the windows was out by cardboard and fabric pinned to the wall. BanYeol tried her best to search around but it was too unsafe. 'Why does he live like this?' BanYeol asked herself as she kicked some of the rubbish to the side. 'Even if he's not human he shouldn't be living like this.'

Sunggyu watched her as she explored his home. He didn't care what she had to say; he loved this hiding place of his. 'Just go,' he whispered to himself.

'Ahhh,' BanYeol sighed. 'I should have known he was lying.' She put her bag on the floor and took out her notepad and pen. 

"I came by but you're obviously not here. I just wanted to talk to you, please. You promised me. I will come again tonight, before sunset so please don't hide. You're new friend, BanYeol."

Once writing her note BanYeol didn't know where to place it. 'It's so messy in here, where will he notice it?' In the end she placed it on top of hid bed, it was the only tidy thing in the house. Pleased with her work BanYeol left the house and headed to the orphanage. 'He better be there when I come back.' She thought to herself. 

The whole time at the orphanage BanYeol couldn't think straight. Time was dragging and she couldn't wait to see the vampire. The thought of his lean body and gentle yet husky voice made her blush. Trying her best to get some work done BanYeol struggled through her day. When time came to go she left the orphanage before they could thank her for her help. 'She must be really busy.' The staff at the orphanage said to one another, little did they know of BanYeol's adventures. 

Not bothering with knocking BanYeol made her way inside. She called out for the vampire but there was no response. She looked around his house but he wasn't there. Her note was still left on the bed. 'Did he not come home?' BanYeol questioned to herself. Disappointed she sat on his bed and waited for him to come. Half an hour had passed and she became restless, 'I should go,' she thought to herself. BanYeol felt like a pain, even to herself. 'I must really annoy him,' she said as she walked home. 'The one place he's safe and he can't stay there because of me.' Feeling ashamed of herself she walked the rest of the journey home with her head hung low. 

As BanYeol finally reached her front door she heard a roar from inside, someone was there, in her house. She slowly put her key inside the door and made her way through, the yell making goose bumps appear on her body. BanYeol knew the person was in her room, judging from his cries she was sure it was the vampire. She took a deep breath in and opened her bedroom door. 

'Are you ok?' BanYeol shouted as she ran over to him. Unable to speak the vampire growled. Not knowing what to do BanYeol fussed around only making him more agitated. 

'I...I need to... go,' the vampire managed to let out.

'No!' BanYeol quickly shouted, 'let me help you!'

'Ahhhhhh!' The vampire moaned in pain. His vampire-self was evident now. BanYeol slowly helped him up. 'I...n...need...blood.' He said out of breath as his red eyes locked with hers, his veins popping out.

'I trust you.' Banyeol said as she held him up.

Before she knew it, his sharp fangs were resting on the side of her neck. He took a deep smell of her blood and closed his eyes, smiling to himself. 'I waited so long for this,' he whispered. 

'This isn't you,' BanYeol replied. She was beginning to feel scared now. From her research she learnt that vampires are their deadliest when they're hungry, they'd kill anything to satisfy their desires. Even with this knowledge she didn't want to leave his side.

'Yes it is, this...this is the REAL me.'

BanYeol shook her head in disbelief, 'have you d,' she took a deep breath, 'have you done this before? ...Are you really a ...killer?'

The vampire frowned, the smile from his face vanished. He placed his hand on the front of her neck, 'I'm so thirsty,' and with that he was gone. A strong gush of air knocked BanYeol of her balance. Without thinking she ran out of her room, straight downstairs and out her front door. She sprinted to the middle of the street but he wasn't insight. 

'Ugh!' BanYeol moaned aloud as she stomped her foot to the ground like a child. Looking around one last time she jogged back inside her house. Let down again BanYeol was tired of chasing the vampire, 'maybe I should just give up,' she thought to herself. Walking into her living room BanYeol unpacked her bag, placing her books to the side. Looking at the work she had to do BanYeol sighed. Just as she was going to start her work she felt a cold breeze. 'Didn't I lock the door?' she thought to herself. BanYeol got up to check but as she suspected the door was locked. She made he way back into the living room and into the kitchen. The outside door to her garden was open. Picking up the biggest knife she could get, BanYeol wung the garden door wide open.

'Who's there?!' She shouted as she pointed the knife to the figure, which was slouching to the ground, it was the vampire.

'...Y...you...vampire?' BanYeol said as she dropped the knife to the ground. 'I thought you left.'

'Why don't you just tell the whole word about me?' He sarcastically mocked as he slowly got up and turned around. Blood was everywhere, his mouth, clothes, face and hands.

BanYeol went pale; frowning she looked down at the ground and saw a dead cat, her neighbor's dead cat. 'W..w-'

'It was you or the cat,' the vampire interrupted. 

She breathed out went into her kitchen. The vampire stood in the middle of her garden, blood dripping from him. She soon came back with a black bag. Holding her nose she waved the bag to the vampire. 'Dump him in here,' she said.

'Me?' The vampire asked confused.

'Yes you!' BanYeol shouted a whisper to him. 'You killed it!'

The vampire snatched the bag out of her hand and put the dead cat inside, blood stained her garden floor.

'What are we going to do?' BanYeol whined. 'Yah! That was my neighbors cat, couldn't you have killed something else?' BanYeol moaned. 'Aish! You burry it somewhere and I'll clean up the blood.' She went back into her kitchen, put on a mask and grabbed hold of some bleach. She went into her garden and began scraping the blood. 

'I'll do it,' the vampire said in a low volume. He was able to stand and talk well now; BanYeol couldn't be disgusted in him because of this. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter