Chapter

His Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been 28 days since the incident between Mr. Ryu and Sunggyu occurred, BanYeol hadn't seen Sunggyu ever since. Everyday she would visit the woods for any sign of him, however she received nothing but pain and worry. Doing her daily routine BanYeol stopped of at Sunggyu's house, she knew he wouldn't be inside but this didn't stop her.

The room was dark and cold; there was no proof of activity. Breathing heavily BanYeol legs gave way making her fall to the ground. She felt suffocated, there was plenty of air but she couldn't breathe. BanYeol felt her eyes tearing as she her heart sank deeper.

'Where have you gone...huh?' BanYeol cried to herself hoping Sunggyu could somehow hear her. 'Can't you see what you're doing to me? This isn't fair, please...please...just come back to me.' Crying to herself BanYeol rolled over to her side and wiped away her tears. She shut her eyes and pictured Sunggyu's hands running through her hair, his soft gentle lips against hers and the reflection of herself in his eyes. 'Sunggyu...' BanYeol cried, 'Sunggyu...'

The next morning BanYeol awoke to the sound of a car engine outside, she knew it wouldn't be Sunggyu but the excitement and wishful thinking overpowered her mind. As she ran outside BanYeol saw a figure standing next to a car, it was Mr. Ryu. 

'Why are you here?' BanYeol asked annoyed. 'How do you even know about this place?" BanYeol walked over to Mr. Ryu determined to get an answer. 'Tell me!' She yelled. 'Tell me now!!'

Mr. Ryu shifted. 'BanYeol please calm down-.'

'CALM DOWN! HOW DARE YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN?' BanYeol shouted.

'I need to explain-.' Mr. Ryu began before he was interrupted again.

'Has my silence meant nothing to you? I haven't answered your calls or acknowledged your visits because I don't want to see you, don't you get that?' BanYeol screamed out in frustration. 

'I do, I do understand but I can't keep away anymore, you need to know why-.'

'I don't need to know anything!' BanYeol interrupted.

'YES, YES YOU DO SO STOP BEING CHILDISH!' Mr. Ryu roared back.

Shocked with Mr. Ryu's sudden anger BanYeol froze. 

'What I did, I did it for you.' Said Mr. Ryu with shame. He knew those weren't the words BanYeol wanted to hear. Her face was red with anger, he wanted to comfort her but only seemed to make things worse. 

'BanYeol, I know you can't understand this situation but there's more to it then you may think.'

'Then tell me.' BanYeol replied sternly. 

Mr. Ryu breathed out; he didn't know where to start. 'Come with me, I'll take you home.'

'I don't want to go home!' Banyeol yelled back in frustration, 'why won't he just leave me alone?' She thought to herself. 'Until the day he comes back, I don't want to see you ever again.'

'Please don't say that,' Mr. Ryu pleaded. 'Come with me, I have to take you somewhere.'

'Where? To Sunggyu?' BanYeol asked with eyes so bright.

Mr. Ryu couldn't answer her question, 'please, just get in the car.'

...

Both mentally and physically exhausted, Banyeol slept throughout the whole journey. 

'BanYeol, wakeup, we're here now.' Mr. Ryu whispered as he gently nudged her shoulder. 

BanYeol opened her eyes and looked out the window. She was surprised to see where Mr. Ryu had brought her; it was her mother's home.

'What are you playing at? Take me back.' BanYeol demanded.

Mr. Ryu didn't respond, his hand firmly gripped the stirring wheel as he breathed out.

'Fine, I'll do it myself.' BanYeol responded in anger. She got out the car slamming the door behind her. 'Move,' she said trying to pull Mr. Ryu from the drivers seat but he didn't budge, 'please, just get out,' she began to cry. Seeing the frustration in BanYeol's eyes and how madly stricken she had become Mr. Ryu too, began to cry.

'BanYeol-.' He said.

'No, I don't want to hear it, just get out please, JUST GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT.' BanYeol cried aloud. 

'BanYeol?' A soft familiar voice said from behind her, it was her mother.

'Mum,' BanYeol cried, 'mum.'

Collapsing to the ground BanYeol's mother ran over and embraced her daughter. 'It's ok, it's ok.' She repeated as she brushed BanYeol's hair back and wiped away her tears. 

BanYeol could no longer hide this secret anymore, breaking down she burst out and told her mother everything. She felt relieved, as if the world was no longer on her shoulders. BanYeol's mother petted her head as if she was a new pet being welcomed home.

'Come on, let's go inside.' BanYeol's mum said with a shaky voice, coughing away her tears. 

BanYeol looked up, she could see the pain in her mother's eyes and something else. These weren't the eyes of a surprised parent, these were the eyes of someone of was waiting for this dreaded day.

'BanYeol,' she repeated.

'Mum...' BanYeol said as she pulled back, 'you knew?' 

'BanY-.'

'Oh my god. You knew, all along you knew and you didn't say a word. Where you in on this too?' 

BanYeol's mother did not ans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter