Chapter

His Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stood on top of the hospital building. Wishing his immortal life could come to an end. Why did this have to happen to him? He never chose this way of life. Simple things like being warm, eating and sleeping were experiences he wanted to feel the most. As he stood in the crisp winter cold air he placed his hand over his silent chest. 'To feel a heart beat must truly be magical,' he thought. He spent years and years trying to find a cure from his monstrous-self, trying to find another vampire for help and companionship but his missions were always unsuccessful. Believing he was alone the vampire locked himself away from the world. 

                                                                                                    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

BanYeol woke up the next day with her body in pain. Unlike the orphans she remembered everything, the pale vampire demanding her to leave the city, his fast movements across the room and his deep black eyes. When she thought of the vampire BanYeol couldn't help but feel different towards him, a strange feeling of pity. 'That's twice now,' BanYeol said to herself as she slowly sat up in her bed, every inch of her body screaming in pain however the thought of the vampire occupied her mind. 'Twice, and he hasn't harmed me, hasn't drank my blood, hasn't killed me.' She remembered his words from last night, 'go! It's the only way I can protect you all.' But BanYeol didn't want to leave, not now. 

After breakfast she took a quick shower observing the bruising on her body. Instead of finding a cure and working on her mysterious medical case BanYeol found herself researching vampires. She wanted to know more and wasn't going to give up any time soon. 'If only there was someone I could ask,' she thought to herself. Up until now she never believed in vampires but her mum did. BanYeol thought about calling her but she knew her mum would get suspicious of the sudden interest and would end up worrying. 'Anyway omma would have told me if she ever came across a vampire, I'm sure she doesn't know anything about them.' BanYeol said reassuring herself but she couldn't be more wrong, her mothers past was something she could never dream off. 

'BanYeol?' Mr Ryu knocked on her bedroom door. She quickly closed down her laptop and opened the door. 'BanYeol are you ok? Do you need to go to the hospital? What happened? I'm so sorry! This is all my fault. Come with me, I'll take you back home.' 

'Hahaha, ahjushhi please calm down, I'm fine.' BanYeol laughed. She walked out to the corridor closing her bedroom behind, hoping no one saw what she was doing. As they walked down the corridor a little girl ran to BanYeol and grabbed hold of her leg. 

'Aigoo, did you miss me?' BanYeol teased the little girl as she locked hands with her.

'Unnie, remember you told me I can tell you secrets.' The little girl innocently replied.

'Yes I remember, why? Do you have something to tell me?'

The little girl nodded her head frantically.

'Ok, tell me what it is.'

She pulled BanYeol's arm down making her crouch into a sitting position. Placing her hands on BanYeol's face the little girl whispered in her ear. 'Yesterday I saw a man outside the window, he was watching us.'

BanYeol frowned, 'the vampire?' She thought to herself, he warned her about staying here; he told her she was endangering them all. 'It was probably a dream,' BanYeol smiled to the little girl. 

'No, I don't dream.' The little girl replied. 'Oh yeah, they never remember the night before,' BanYeol thought to herself. 'Can you tell the man to go? I'm scared.'

'I promise he won't come again.' BanYeol reassured the little girl and herself. 

...

Mr Ryu left with the head of the orphanage (ahjumma) to run some errands. It was beginning to get late and BanYeol finished analyzing her studies. 

'Are you going now?' A member of staff asked as BanYeol placed her bag to the side of the door putting on her shoes.

'Yeah, I need to go somewhere first so I'm leaving early.'

'Oh ok, I'll see you tomorrow then.'

BanYeol zipped her coat up and placed her bag on her shoulders. 'See you tomorrow.' She replied. Just as she was about to leave the little girl from before went running to the door. 'Unnie remember your promise!' BanYeol smiled and kneeled to the ground, 'I'm going to do that now, so you sleep easily ok and don't be scared.' 

...

Truthfully BanYeol didn't know what she was doing. All the research she carried out was of no help to her. She didn't know how to distinguish between what was real and what was false. 'I have to go,' BanYeol thought to herself. The fact that he came to the kid's room yesterday frightened BanYeol a lot. She couldn't allow the same thing to happen. She planned to confront the vampire, to demand his intentions. As she made her was she could feel her beat getting faster and faster, her body began a to heat up. 'I can't do this!' BanYeol said out load to herself, 'but I have to! What if he harms the kids.' Without having any further thought BanYeol paced to his house, she knew if she kept thinking about it she'd convince herself not to go but that was too much of a big risk.

...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter