Chapter

His Dark Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a few of hours now since BanYeol fainted. The ice-cold monster did not move an inch. His pain was beginning to fade as he was slowly coming back to his senses.

As time went by and the morning approached BanYeol began to awaken, her head was pounding. She slowly began to open her eyes but the bright sunlight forced them to close again. she shifted in her position. That's when last night came to mind, the screaming, the monster, his red eyes and those fangs. Not knowing whether to fake unconsciousness BanYeol froze. She laid still with her eyes tightly shut. Surely if he was still there he would have attacked her by now? But why was she alive? He looked like a bloodthirsty animal yesterday. She didn't even have her phone to call for help, 'pabo,' she said to herself. After a while BanYeol decided to open her eyes. Slowly looking around he got up, 'I'll just run,' she thought to herself, 'ah he's faster then me, remember last night!' Scared and half up BanYeol slowly stood and looked around, he was nowhere in sight. Taking this opportunity BanYeol ran home as fast as she could almost hurling from exhaustion.

---

'Hello?' BanYeol said down the phone as she ran into her living room locking every window and door.

'Hello,' a tired voice replied.

'Ah hello, my...my name is BanYeol and I'm calling because I've just seen...I've just seen a vampire.'

'Oh really?' The man replied.

'Yes really, come down here quickly.'

'Look, I'm really tired and I'm not in the mood for your stupid pranks. You sound like a mature lady, you really shouldn't be playing games like this ok? Grow up.' And with that the policeman put the phone down. BanYeol knew be wouldn't believe her, she didn't believe in vampires herself, until a few hours ago.

Pacing her room in circles BanYeol was sure to make herself dizzy. This was all a horrible dream she thought to herself. Vampires don't exist this is ridiculous! She sat on the cold ground dragging her knees to her chest, resting her head upon them. 

---

BanYeol jumped when her mobile began to ring. The old lady from the orphanage was calling. BanYeol was sure she had the day off today. After the night she had she really didn't want to be dong any work. Curious as to why Ahjumma was calling BanYeol answered the phone. 

'Hello.' 

'Hello BanYeol, it's Ahjumma.'

'Ah, yes.' BanYeol replied. 'Is everything ok?'

'Yes, its just a normal day here, I was wondering if you could come over today. Something strange happened last night and I would like if you could see for yourself, maybe you could stay the night? Just in case it happens again.'

BanYeol didn't know want to reply. She really didn't want to leave her house. She thought about telling the old lady about what happened but she figured Ahjumma would think she was mad and as a result wouldn't allow her near the kids. And BanYeol really wanted to find a cure for them. Such an interesting case had never been offered to her before and she doesn't want to loose this opportunity. Hesitating BanYeol tried to make an excuse.

'I...I'm not sure if I can make it. I...ahh...I have a lot of research to do and I...I-.'

'Are you afraid?' The old lady asked. 'It's ok if you're, I understand.'

Something about those words made BanYeol change her mind. Scared of what? Her imagination. Something out of the ordinary occurred last night, however, BanYeol began to doubt herself. Putting it down to her wild imagination she thought it would be for the best to forget everything. Surely if there was something there it would have killed her. 'I probably banged my head really hard or something,' BanYeol thought to herself. Spending the night with people around her may actually do her some good. 

'Ok, I'll come.' BanYeol responded. 'I just have to get ready and I'll be over soon.'

'Oh you don't have to come till this evening, don't worry yourself.'

BanYeol thought about vampires coming to life at night. Although she told herself it was all her imagination she couldn't help but think about them, it, him.

'It's no trouble for me. See you soon Ahjumma.'

'Yeah,' Ahjumma replied, hanging up. 

---

BanYeol decided a bath was best to get rid of this sluggish feeling. Dragging her exhausted body upstairs she the taps and watched the water pour out. Something twisted inside her stomach, that feeing came creeping up on her again, the feeling of being watched; she hated not feeling protected in her own home.

As the bath was filling up BanYeol walked into her bedroom and packed her bag for her eventful night at the orphanage. She put all the documents she needed, her laptop, the chargers, her clothes and other essentials into a big bag pack.

---

She felt a lot better after her bath. With her hair still wet BanYeol began to apply her makeup. She dried her hair and did the final touches in making herself presentable. Slowly making her way downstairs her stomach started to rumble. 

'OH SHUT UP!' BanYeol shouted to her belly, 'you got me into this trouble in the first place!' 

No matter how many times she tried the event of last night didn't erase from her mind. The smell, the fear, his eyes and fangs, it was all too real. Grabbing her belongings BanYeol left her house and began to make her journey to the orphanage. She held tightly onto her perfume hoping it would help defend her if anything unexpected was to happen. Looking down at her hands she began to laugh, 'who uses spray as a defensive weapon these days?' she sad to herself, 'people carry knives and guns and I have this.' Right at that moment her phone began to ring. Placing her hands into her pocket BanYeol pulled her phone out, it was the old man. She removed her gloves and answered the phone, the cold air hitting her hands like a slap. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter