[Day 2] Meanie

25 Days 'Til Christmas

Sweater Weather

Pairing: Mingyu x Wonwoo


Wonwoo shook his head slightly, blinking multiple times and praying that he had heard wrong. "You want to do what?" He asked in disbelief, raising an eyebrow incredulously.

"We should get matching ugly Christmas sweaters! I found it on this article, see?" Mingyu waved a piece of paper in front of his face, excited beyond belief. Wonwoo supressed a groan and the urge to snatch the paper away and tear it to shreds, instead choosing to take a look at the article.

"Number 6, buy matching ugly Christmas sweaters for each other at a thrift shop. But here's the catch: the one you buy for has no say in what you pick, and you must wear the sweater in a public place," Wonwoo read while growing increasingly pink as the seconds passed. When he raised his eyes, planning on telling Mingyu off for thinking for the stupid idea, he was met with puppy eyes and a pouty lip. He felt his resolve melting as Mingyu avidly spoke about how cute it would be, and mentally cursed himself for being weak to Mingyu's begging despite having dated for nearly four years.
"Fine, fine, we can do this thing," Wonwoo heard himself say, but he had no time to beat himself up because Mingyu was draped all over him, bouncing up and down in joy.

"Get off of me, you ing giant."

-

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this," Wonwoo mumbled as he stodd stiffly in the cold thrift shop alone, staring into the vast collection of the ugliest Christmas sweaters he had ever seen. Mingyu was a few feet away, exploring the knit-filled shelves with a bright sparkle in his eyes. Probably excited about shaming me in public, Wonwoo thought, grimacing slightly.

After around thirty minutes of scavenging the shop, Mingyu and Wonwoo met up at the cashier, hiding their sweaters expertly while paying for their newfound clothes. Once they escaped the building—which was getting too stuffy for Wonwoo's taste—they opened up their plastic bags and revealed to each other their choice of sweaters.

Mingyu seemed quite proud of his pick, and the sweater was positively ghastly. There was the signature red and green stripes, a fuzzy snowman protruding from the abdomen with obnoxious arms dangling from its sides. Small bells adorned the shoulders, and they tinkled quietly as Mingyu shook the sweater slightly with a toothy grin. Wonwoo simply shook his head in defeat before unveiling his own.

If one had thought Mingyu's (or should he say Wonwoo's?) was ugly, they would have to reevaluate their opinion. It was made of itchy wool, colored a cheap red, and a fat Christmas tree that was unraveling. Small, colored lights were sown into the wool, flashing in a frenzy that made Mingyu furrow his eyebrows in distaste.

Mingyu sighed, deflating slightly, already feeling the embarrassment heat his cheeks. "A deal's a deal," Wonwoo chimed, sticking his tongue out before shoving the sweater into Mingyu's hand and taking the one the other was holding. He sprinted off to the nearest bathroom before Mingyu could change his mind and back out of the not-competition-turned-competition.

-

"This actually isn't too bad. No one's really staring at us, anyways. And I think we're kind of cute."

Mingyu and Wonwoo were walking through the bustling streets of Hongdae, hands interlaced and partially lit up (both metaphorically and literally). True, there were many people, tourists and locals alike, glancing at them and their intriguing appearances, but none had malicious or weirded-out expressions. They were all smiling, looking at them as if they were precious. One woman even complimented them on how well they suited each other.

All the holiday cheer seemed to make Mingyu twice as loud and talkative than he was usually. He was pointing out all the couples who were doing a challenge similar to theirs, the adorable toddlers waddling after their parents, shops selling wintery items that would suit their shared home well. Most of his chatter, however, went in one of Wonwoo's ears and went out the other. He was busy gazing at Mingyu affectionately with a small smile grazing his lips.

"Hyung, are you even listening to me?"

Instead of a proper answer, Wonwoo pulled Mingyu down to kiss him.