[Day 6] Junhao

25 Days 'Til Christmas

Cuddling by the Fireplace

Pairing: Junhui x Minghao


It was four o'clock, Sunday afternoon, and Minghao still refused to move from his place in front of the fireplace. His eyes were trained on the book before him, and he was engaged in the story as he commented on how the author should have added an extra detail or removed a description.

"Baby, you've been in that position since you woke up. Can't we at least get up and stretch? Just one minute, and then you can go back to your reading," Junhui coaxed gently as if dealing with a stubborn puppy, but Minghao shook his head silently with his lips pressed together in concentration. Junhui sighed and did something he had been saving as a last resort: flicking Minghao's forehead.

"Ow, that hurt! I'm trying to focus, gēge— no, wait, stop—" Minghao's voice was cut off by a pair of lips as his body was shifted into a more comfortable posture. Now he was seated between Junhui's lanky legs with his back resting on the Junhui's chest, and he was significantly more comfortable than he had been forever.

Junhui pulled away, ruffling Minghao's blonde hair and kissing away the pout on his lips. "If you're not going to stretch, at least sit in a decent position," Junhui grumbled, but his voice was warm unlike his gruff words.

"I can't help it if the main character's making the most stupid decisions and the author has limited vocabulary. I feel obligated to correct the little details. Maybe I should publish a spin-off..." Junhui felt himself losing Minghao to his thoughts as the other trailed off, his eyes glazing over with unanswered questions and fingers fidgeting with the fabric of his shirt.

"Baby, it's getting lonely out here," Junhui hummed, brushing Minghao's bangs away from his large, innocent eyes. As Minghao tilted his head to face him with a bright smile, Junhui pressed a kiss to his lips, causing the other's smile to grow impossibly brighter.

"Maybe you should give a bit more attention to your loving boyfriend," Junhui suggested slyly as his arms tightened around Minghao's torso. The book had slipped out of Minghao's hand and was long forgotten as Junhui ducked his head into the crook of his neck. The soft strands of hair tickled at his neck, and Minghao giggled and play-shoved Junhui away, denying any contact. In a haze, Minghao was on his back, trapped between the rug and a very smug Junhui.

Junhui whined for attention, snuggling closer and caging Minghao in his embrace until he was laughing and admitting defeat. "Promise you'll spend the rest of the day with me and not your book?" Junhui asked, holding up a pinky cutely. Minghao held back a snicker and nodded, winding his finger around Junhui's and pecking his lips gently.

"Promise."