[Day 3] Soonseok & Seungsol

25 Days 'Til Christmas

Snowflake Matchmakers

Pairing: Soonyoung x Seokmin (side: Hansol x Seungkwan)


Chapter Text

Soonyoung was fed up with Seungkwan. The latter had been obsessing over his "tiny" crush on his neighbor for the past hour, recounting every little detail from their encounter. He sent a sidelong glance at Seokmin, who is obviously annoyed as well. It wasn't the first time Seungkwan had burst into their apartment late in the night to rant about "Chwe Hansol this" and "Chwe Hansol that."

"—and so, Hansol said—"

"—that he likes people who can enjoy coffee with him."

"Wait, what? Yah, Lee Seokmin, how do you know that? Were you spying on me?"

Soonyoung stood up, pointing an accusatory finger. "You've told us this story five times!"

A sheepish blush spread across Seungkwan's cheeks, and he scratched at his nape while chewing at his lip. Soonyoung realized his words may have sounded harsher than he intended, and scrambled to apologize.

"No, no, it's my fault. I'm only talking about Hansol twenty-four seven. I'll try to control myself next time." Seungkwan offered a smile before mentioning that it was late and hurrying out the door. Soonyoung and Seokmin exchanged a glance, guilt evident in the former's expression. Catching on to the sudden change in Soonyoung's attitude, Seokmin ushered him into the bedroom, ordering him to get a good night's sleep.

He tucked Soonyoung in, making sure to set the alarm clock for him because the other always forgot to. Soonyoung pulled him down to press a tiny kiss to his lips before turning into a more comfortable position. Seokmin grinned, and pulled the covers up further to cover Soonyoung completely.

As Seokmin shut the front door, he shrugged on his coat and tightened the scarf around his exposed neck, imagining how Soonyoung would get fussy about his thin clothing. With a small smile gracing his lips, his feet echoed down the steps to the bus stop.

-

"I have a plan." The four words that Soonyoung spoke caused Seokmin to trip over his own feet and nearly faceplant on the cement. Soonyoung's arms shot out to catch him, and they matched their footsteps in order to find balance again.

"Yah, my ideas aren't that bad!" Soonyoung pouted, sniffing in disdain. Seokmin snickered quietly, mumbling something that sounded suspiciously like yeah, they are. If Soonyoung heard him, he was doing an amazing job of ignoring him. But judging by the stiffness in his stance, Soonyoung was sulking by himself. Seokmin made a big show of kissing Soonyoung in the middle of the street, not giving a about the busy streets and the people staring at them in disapproval and borderline disgust. 

Soonyoung punched his chest in embarrassment, scolding him about kissing in public, but Seokmin knew he wasn't actually angry (Soonyoung was blushing like mad, what else was Seokmin supposed to think?). Once they were seated in a warm café, Seokmin brought up their short-lived conversation on the streets. 

Soonyoung rubbed his palms together with a smug expression. "Alright, here's the plan. Seungkwan has a crush on that neighbor, Chwe Hansol, right? Well, I chatted with the kid a couple days ago, and apparently he likes Seungkwan, too. So, being the amazing friends we are, there's only one thing left to do."

"We should set them up," Seokmin finished. Soonyoung nodded excitedly, and Seokmin held up a hand for a high-five, which Soonyoung gladly took. 

Seokmin squeezed Soonyoung's cheeks gently, patting them affectionately. "I have such a smart boyfriend," Seokmin cooed, causing Soonyoung to turn a light pink. He swatted away Seokmin's grabby hands and began planning out Project Snowflake Matchmaker.

("Wait, why Snowflake Matchmaker?" Seokmin asked absentmindedly a few hours later, sprawled across the couch with a movie playing as background noise. Soonyoung looked up at the other from his current position between the other's legs, leaning his cheek into his chest. 

"Because they're both unique. Seungkwan could talk the ear off someone as if he's the most confident person in the world, but in reality he's very insecure and needs someone to indirectly reassure him all the time. Hansol, although I don't know him well, seems like the tsundere type since he doesn't have much expression but he's very warm towards people he knows well. They both have one-of-a-kind personalities in general, you know? They're perfect for each other." Soonyoung sounded fond of the two, and Seokmin couldn't help but kiss his cheek.

"My baby sounds like a proud parent. You're going to make an amazing dad when we get married," Seokmin said cheesily, and Soonyoung snorted before slapping him on the head.

"Who ever said I'm getting kids? Who ever said I'm getting married to you? I'll have to worry after you for the rest of my life."

"But you love me too much to leave, baby.")

-

"Project Snowflake Matchmaker initiated," Soonyoung mouthed across the street from behind the café. In front of the Forever 21 shop was Seokmin, who held up a hand with his forefinger and thumb touching in a "okay" sign. He twisted his head around before spotting Seungkwan, tucked into his coat and shivering noticeably. Across the street, Soonyoung had just gotten hold of Hansol, who's eyes were flitting around in confusion. Seokmin took the moment to snatch Seungkwan off the streets, earning a strangled cry, and dragged him to where Soonyoung and a wide-eyed Hansol stood. 

Seokmin took notice of the way Hansol was trembling from the cold as well and composed a impromptu speech before throwing Seungkwan into the latter. Instinctively, Hansol's arms wrapped around Seungkwan's torso, saving the both of them from toppling over.

"Ah, hyung!" Seungkwan yelled angrily, glaring at Seokmin. The other simply stuck his tongue out before pulling Soonyoung to his side.

"The both of you seem so cold. Hansol, look at how Seungkwan's shivering! Hey, I know! What about you go grab some coffee or something in this lovely café? Seungkwan, they sell really good peach black tea, too. Go on, children, we'll show ourselves out." With that, the they left the two very awkward college students and ran away to avoid Seungkwan's wrath.

 

+) Thirty minutes later, Soonyoung and Seokmin crept up under the windows of the previously mentioned café to find Seungkwan and Hansol chatting away happily over two steaming mugs: presumably a café latte and a peach black tea. They laughed giddily when Hansol shyly reached over the table to hold Seungkwan's hand, and squealed like teenage fangirls when Seungkwan typed his phone number into the other's phone. 

"Seungkwan is so thanking us later," Seokmin sang, arms flapping to an inaudible beat.

"He better. Even though I was the one who thought of it, this idea was pretty awesome," Soonyoung said solemnly, nodding with a serious expression that didn't suit his normal personality.

"I have the best boyfriend in the world," Seokmin shifted around in his crouching position to face Soonyoung, who smiled cutely.

"I know you do."

They sat in silence for a moment before Soonyoung piped:

"Who's the best?"

Seokmin laughed at Soonyoung's aegyo, his pouting lips, wide eyes, puffed cheeks, before kissing him softly. When Soonyoung pulled away, stuttering about how they shouldn't kiss in public, Seokmin pulled him in again, rougher than intended. Soonyoung's balance teetered and Seokmin took the chance to yank him closer, which resulted in the Soonyoung falling against his chest and nestling right in to the familiar embrace.

"You are."


 

I've decided to add ending notes on a couple of the drabbles, so I wanted to comment on Soonyoung's actions. If you hadn't noticed while reading, Soonyoung is insecure about kissing (or any PDA) when in public. I wrote his character as someone who had bad experiences with coming out, having a boyfriend, etc., so that he was naturally insecure with affectionate actions. Seokmin is someone who's had a better situation when he told family and friends, so he's constantly pushing Soonyoung to change his habits. I just felt like I should give some of the background for this (maybe I'll write a separate chapter on their background when I have the time?).