[Day 8] Seungsol

25 Days 'Til Christmas

Ice Skating

Pairing: Hansol x Seungkwan


The last ten minutes had been spent trying to convince Seungkwan to step foot on the ice, and Hansol was still captive to the struggle of balancing on his skates and dragging his boyfriend into the skating rink.

"Oh my god, Seungkwan, it's not that bad, I swear!" Hansol's eyebrows furrowed as he frowned at the stubborn boy in front of him. Seungkwan had his legs splayed out, feet clad with ice skates, and Hansol had already had to apologize to the disapproving mothers of little kids who had tripped over his spread out limbs.

"I'm going to slip and fall and slam my into the ice. And then I'm going to have to call my mom that my is hurting like hell, and she's going to overreact, and she's going to call your mom and ask why we were out on a date alone, and your mom's going to have to remind my mom that we're not in middle school anymore and we're teenagers, and—"

"If you don't get your up right now, I'll start singing Jihoon-hyung's new song."

"You wouldn't."

"I wanna be your morning baby—"

"Let's go."

Seungkwan never ceased his half-hearted whining, but he didn't complain when Hansol held his hands from behind and led him slowly around perimeter of the rink. He was aware of the curious glances directed at them, presumably wondering whether their relationship was platonic or romantic, and would have planted his face onto the ice if not for Hansol's quick reflexes.

Hansol clicked his tongue in mock disapproval before pulling Seungkwan upright and ruffling his hair. "Clumsy as always, aren't you?" he teased, and Seungkwan retorted that Hansol wasn't much better. He wriggled out of Hansol's hold to skate off on his own, but miscalculated the distance between his two feet and promptly fell over onto his . He grumbled about being right then accused Hansol, who was helping him up while miserably failing to hold back peals of laughter, of pushing him over.

-

As they made their way through the thinning crowd to the general area where they had left their shoes, a little girl around seven years of age bumped into Seungkwan and fell over in front of him. Seungkwan knelt down to help the child to her feet and dusted off her knees and hands for her, asking if anything hurt a lot. She shook her head and grinned brightly, and Seungkwan mirrored her smile before patting her head good-naturedly. A mother ran up and fussed over her, scolding the child for scampering away without a warning. She angled her head to face the two boys and thank them, but her warm expression froze over as if scandalized.

"I'm so sorry for knocking her down! I should've watched where I was going. " Despite Seungkwan's incessant apologies, the mother didn't spare him a word. She looked him up and down once before scanning Hansol and their interlocked hands, then quickly picked up her daughter and rushed away. Hansol caught a vague "Don't look at them" that the mother spat at her curious child, and immediately turned Seungkwan away to find a seat in the other direction.

After they found an empty spot and Hansol had taken off his own skates, he scrutinized Seungkwan's face since he was being uncharacteristically quiet. He was at the frayed hems of his sleeves (Hansol made note to buy him a new sweater soon) and staring at the ground, clouded gaze flitting around the nicks of the floor.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Hansol joked, holding out both palms as if begging for money. When Seungkwan didn't answer, he nudged his shoulder gently with a displeased look.

Seungkwan's head shot up at the contact, and his apology was said like his thoughts was drifting through doubts. "Hmm? Sorry, I missed that." His smile was timid, wavering slightly at the end, and it had Hansol worrying relentlessly.

He crinkled his nose in distaste—from thinking about upset Seungkwan or the homophobic woman, he didn't know."Is this about that woman? Because you know—" Hansol was cut off when Seungkwan rested his head on his shoulder, sniffling quietly.

Seungkwan's voice was placid and soft. "It's fine, Hansol. Don't fret about it so much." He tickled at Hansol's side playfully before fixing his scarf, muttering under his breath about how he wouldn't be taking care of Hansol if his dusty caught a cold. A small chuckle skittered off his lips before Hansol could detain it, and by impulse he threw his arms around Seungkwan and buried his face into his own chest.

He could hear a muffled "What are you doing?" from Seungkwan, but neglected the faint sound and snuggled them closer together through their thick outerwear. Seungkwan seemed to take the hint that Hansol wasn't letting go anytime soon and relaxed into his touch, winding his arms loosely around the other's waist and thawing his cold nose.

Hansol mumbled something that Seungkwan couldn't quite catch, and he asked him to repeat his words again. "I said, you don't have to feel bad about yourself." There were tears welling up pathetically in Seungkwan's eyes that were threatening to spill over, and he swallowed them away hastily. Still, his hands scrambled to clutch fistfuls of Hansol's sweater and his teeth clamped down on his lower lip, drawing blood. He felt a kiss on the top of his head, and let a tear escape along with a broken but relieved laugh.


First of all, Chapters 3, 4, and 7 have ending notes on them now, so you can check them for elaborations on the story. Second, I want to thank all the readers, silent or not, who have showed this collection much love. When I started this, I wasn't expecting the large number of subscriptions and comments (I mean, 61 subscriptions, 3 upvotes, 20 comments, and 1273 view??). I'm sorry for the lack of updates, and I'll try to catch up as fast as I can!

The background for this drabble(?) is kind of complicated since I didn't mention it all. Basically, Hansol is biual while Seungkwan is gay, and every once in a while Seungkwan would feel guilty about "stealing Hansol away" and "making him gay," which Hansol finds highly irrational. That leaves him with the act of comforting Seungkwan and telling him there's nothing wrong with their relationship. 

Also, I've had someone ask me for my name since I never told anyone on AFF. I have a Korean name and an English name, being Korean but currently living in America, and I've decided to go by my Korean name. So if you ever feel the need to contact me, feel free to call me Haneul instead of "author-nim" XD

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, and upvoting! Some of you comment almost every chapter to give me feedback, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that ♡