[Day 1] Jicheol

25 Days 'Til Christmas

 Decorations

Pairing: Seungcheol x Jihoon 


"I swear, Choi Seungcheol, if I find another piece of mistletoe in this godforsaken home I won't have with you until next year!" Jihoon hollered down the hallway in the direction of the living room, where Seungcheol was fixing mistletoe decoration after mistletoe decoration onto the ceiling. Seungcheol poked his head into view, smirking.

"Baby, that's thirty-one days, I'll survive." Seungcheol shot little finger guns and winked in the most greasy way, making Jihoon gag in disgust as the other disappeared into the living room, inevitably hanging up those cursed mistletoe ornamentations once again. Sighing in defeat, Jihoon dropped the sprig of mistletoe dangling between his fingers before walking over to the kitchen for a snack.

This proved to be difficult as someone had decided to place the bag of chips on the top shelf. "Choi Seungcheol, I will ing end you," Jihoon grumbled under his breath as he dragged over a chair to use as a stepping stool. Just as he hoisted the large family-size bag out of its hiding place, someone crept up behind him and whispered, "Boo!" into his ear, causing Jihoon to stand up abruptly and instantly bash his head into the ceiling.

"Choi ing Seungcheol, get back here you ing douchebag!" Jihoon screamed as he turned around, rubbing the sore spot on his scalp and pointing at Seungcheol, who was backing away, doubled over in half laughing. Jihoon jumped off the chair, breaking into a sprint as he charged straight into Seungcheol. The older instinctively pulled him close and wrapped his arms protectively around him as they plummeted to the ground.

Seungcheol was still laughing, wiping away tears from his eyes as Jihoon mumbled about the other being an idiot and pummeling his shoulder with half-hearted punches. Just to make him feel guilty, Jihoon tenderly touched the now numb spot on the top of his head, faking a wince, and cheered inwardly when he saw Seungcheol growing worried.

"Does it hurt a lot? Oh my God, I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean for you to actually get hurt- wait, let me see it. Maybe you're bleeding or something." Seungcheol began rambling as his hands stuttered to part the bleached mop of hair so he could get a closer look at the non-existent wound. Jihoon played along, whining gently like a puppy with his lower lip stuck out slightly.

"Ouch, Seungcheol, that hurt-"

"Jesus, did I yank too hard? I'm sorry-"

"Never mind, it's okay. It doesn't really hurt anyway."

"Are you sure? Shouldn't we get it checked by a doctor or something? You never know-"

"Hyung. Seungcheol-hyung," Jihoon called, placing a hand on the other's cheek to pull him out of his concerned trance. He could see Seungcheol's eyes slowly clearing and focusing on him again, and grinned slyly.

"It was a joke, hyung. The worst this thing will get is a little bump. Besides, it's not even sore anymore," He stated, registering the slow development of shock in Seungcheol's eyes with a smug smile. He traced patterns along Seungcheol's chest in order to calm him down, aware of how simple-minded and easily convinced the older could be sometimes. Truth be told, Seungcheol was already relaxing, and he shifted them into a more comfortable position so that Jihoon was tucked into his chest. He kissed the top of Jihoon's head, right where he had hit the ceiling, and whispered a breathy "I love you" before falling silent.

(Seungcheol knew Jihoon's way of expressing his love was by sarcastically commenting on things and acting gruff. He had long mastered the technique of looking past the seemingly harsh treatment and finding the sparkle in Jihoon's eyes that spoke for him instead. Seungcheol was never going to tell Jihoon about how he had seen right through the prank and had simply acted as well; Jihoon would most likely take away his privileges with him until God knows when, and Seungcheol was not going to risk that.)

When Jihoon looked up moments later, he realized Seungcheol had promptly fallen asleep, and smiled softly before pressing his lips gently to Seungcheol's without waking him up. "Idiot," he whispered adoringly as he snuggled against Seungcheol and closed his eyes, falling asleep himself.

(Seungcheol was not about to tell Jihoon that he was awake the entire time, either.)