Closing

Lost Perfume

A/N : To all Lost Perfume readers - I am so sorry to announce that this will be the last chapter - and it is not in story-wise version. As I tried to keep up with the idea when I first published the story, the idea keeps on vanishing by years and I myself not sure how to keep the story to the end. The idea is there - but to develop it will take an effort to fill up all gaps in making great story to the end. I asked consent from the person that I wrote this to - and she understands it.

To this, I will generally write all of you how the story should be , and how it should end. Thank you for all supports and subscriptions - and all your time spent to read and wait for this fic to finish. Deepest apology from the bottom of my heart. 

Much love - syaf-

 


The story grows with lines showing how close Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan. Both are best friends. Both are an achiever in their own school. BangHim always do things together back when they are in kindergarten until the reach to school level.

As the plot goes - it grows to a point where Yongguk starts to show how he loves Himchan, and he always feel that Himchan will always be there for him no matter what. With that, Yongguk grows in "ignoring" Himchan's existence by "trying" to make new friends and shoving all his responsibilities towards the younger. If you remember - there is one paragraph showing that Yongguk is the school president while Himchan is the vice. With this, most of the responsibilities is put on Himchan's shoulder as Yongguk "enjoying" his youth with other of his friends (which is yet developed in the story) 

Himchan always feel that he is used by the older. He realized it - but he ignored it. Knowing that their friendship last longer than all this negativity that Yongguk shows - Himchan keeps on taking the "orders" as if it was nothing. 

Himchan comes to his senses when Youngjae keeps on advising Himchan to open his eyes and stop being like a slave to Yongguk. Years of denying , only until last 2 chapters that Himchan said he should move on from keep on being used.

Himchan's family is actually doing quite well, with the fact that his parents staying far away from Korea. But what is yet develop is the conflict that Himchan faced to actually take care of his family business since he is the only heir for Kim's family (it should be developed that his father's property will only be his - but for sure responsibilities comes afterwards).

With that, Himchan keeps away the secret that he actually busy handling his family's business - with all the stress and school's stuffs, Himchan grows to a point where he doesnt let himself live the life he should. He feels that he never focus on his life but others. With the stress existed, he used to stay alone, rather than sharing his problems with others). Years back, Yongguk used to be a good listener for him, but not anymore.

 

Hence, when Himchan starts to back off and shows Yongguk that he can live on own, Yongguk feels lost. Yongguk starts to feel that he lost the strong support around him (the perfume actually symbolized how close Himchan to him that his scent is always there). But Yongguk is too late to fix things, when Himchan decided to leave Korea for good.

 

Youngjae plays a great push to Himchan's decision. He keeps on informing Jongup about Himchan's condition. That was informed to Himchan's family that their heir is having a tough time alone in Korea. Since Himchan is a smart existence, getting another degree is never a problem. Thats when Kim's family call him back and take over the business straight away.

 

The ending should be with Yongguk feels lost of the love of his good friend who is always there for him, but Yongguk never appreciate him. I want to portray a message that we should always appreciate all little things we have around us. Don't take for granted for all efforts done by anyone around us. However, developing the feelings take such an effforts that I myself feel bad that I can't deliver it well. Himchan at the end live a good life with him taking his life seriously, and he appreciates himself more. 

Supporting roles are as follows: 

  1. Youngjae : Himchan's best friend. A close ones, even if he is younger. He is a man without words, but once he speaks - nobody can stop him from talking the whole day, or even argue any of his good points. He is such a protective existence for Himchan. 
  2. Daehyun : Youngjae's good friend. But I don't develop his character much. 
  3. Jongup : Himchan's cousin. He stays around Kim's neighbourhood and always in touch with Youngjae about Himchan's life (since Himchan doesnt always feel comfortable to share his on own). But Jongup always stay in silence. If he starts pointing out an issue, it shows that it is a serious matter (of why he points out Himchan's condition and Kim's family take an action straight away)
  4. Kim Dongwan : Himchan's uncle. Stays not that far from Himchan's house in Korea. But they don't usually meet up to share things. However, Dongwan knows how Himchan is struggling with his life. 

Knowing that this is not sufficient to explain the whole fic. But I hope that you will get a gist of how it should flow. Writing this fic during Young, Wild & Free era, because actually this friend of mine is having such a tough time handling things in the fandom. Her existence should be known. She always sacrificed so many things for the fandom, but some people around take advantage for it. 

But for all, she is someone who I always respect and keep looking up to. She struggles with her life, as well as for the fandom. Not that the story showing truly what happened, but the message is slightly there (that appreciation doesn't always go for big things only), but for every single things.

Thanks unnie, for always supporting me. For always believing in me - from me setting up my own fanbase, until I open my own subbing team for the fandom. You are always there. Take care and ILY.

 

To all readers, thank you so much for everything. Truly - you are the best!

#ForeverWithBAP