Chapter 4

A Pencil On The Melody

 

Chapter 3 Part 2
Who are you?
 
 
 
Universe paused the tickled time cycle as a stare competition between Jung Yong Hwa and Seo Joo Hyun began. She pressed her luck to the gamble game she played at the sidewalk by driving his up to the corner of two bitter options: playing guitar manly, or backing off cowardly. What the hell reasons behind his total playing guitar rejection run her mind to land onto this action, and no eagerness to finish her effort in this hanging way. Jung Yong Hwa had to choose, no matter what.

In another side, Jung Shin handed his guitar to the statue of Jung Yong Hwa as his corner lips twitched curling a little smirk, placing Yong Hwa as a big mouth sidewalker.

The target Yong Hwa tightened his jaw up while Seo Hyun could witness a snap line flashed on his cheeks, greeted his teeth and in the end, inhaled sharply as he downplayed his anger, before saying in a stern tone, “I know. Sorry for disturbing you all.”

And that was all. He glided, stepping forwards by tearing up clamored audience dumbly, leaving Seo Hyun and friends agaped away.

“Liar.”

Yong Hwa stopped as the hatred screech flickered his eardrum.

“You’re a big liar. Chicken out. Coward.”

And those words were annoying enough to induce him spinning around, facing the source of the piles disdainful epithets. There he caught a pair of eagle eyes, furious stare stabbing him, flashing a slight desperation face framing the brazen spells.

Seo Hyun stood upright in front him metres away after the distance they created, holding the sharp eye contact.

He was stumped against the unpleasant words, “What did you say, Miss?”

Seo Hyun pulled her glasses that she hung on the edge line of her nose off, affirming her presence to him. And by catching the recognizing expression across his face, she could tell Yong Hwa knew her well enough.

The commotion started rolling to the dripping silence, as well as the two roles on the other side. Soo Young and Jung Shin were glued and stiffened just being the witnesses. No one moved.

Yong Hwa suddenly tossed a hollow laugh for himself, “I’ve just realized now.” Then he lasered her in sickened glance, “So you’re the one who corrupted my days recently? Sending fan letter, music radio, music scores?”

Seo Hyun didn’t make any answer, eyes kept beaming him defiantly.

Yong Hwa threw another laugh before muttering, “You’re too much, Miss.” He hold the restrained anger he could spit out by curling up his lips and brushing his hair in a place, downplaying the destruction eagerness and placed himself on a right way.

Then he exhaled loudly, “If the reason behind your actions is for the sake of FNC head department offer, I’m sorry, please take a real leave now. Because I’ll never say yes upon that matter. And,” He pointed her out, “Back off before I really hate you.”

Seo Hyun’s legs trembled against the black asphalt, she swallowed the coarse of stucked-voice inside . It was hurt, painfully hurt. The fact that she was now standing against her long inspiration as enemies more than friends, Seo Hyun felt a worst stone stammed his heart.

“I just know you, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi.” Her weak voice was almost shaking, “I witnessed your talent, your very worth talent. And beside my FNC offer, I personally want your comeback.” She dropped her real feeling upon him, now.

Yong Hwa’s eyes grew wider, but nothing else changed. He refused to take a thought even a bit. “So you just let me enter the hating-way, Miss, by interfering my personal life.”

“That’s definitely not my real intention,” She straightened up, “I’m just doing the right things.”

“Stop trying to conquer me. And stop applying your actions from the back anymore.”

“Right,” Seo Hyun’s voice raised firmly, “So then, I just need to take actions from the front.”

“Seo Joo Hyun-ssi!” He yelled impatiently.

The woman hold the breath before uttering, “I can’t let you off, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi. I never can’t.” By the sentence, she could feel a water almost rolled down on her corner eyes. “You just see. I know how much you love your guitar, and music.” She piled the last words she could handle before turning around, gathering her stuff and walked away, followed by the two faithful companions in the back.

Yong Hwa stood in the blank, no words could be quiet describable upon his scrambled feeling. The absolute thing he reconsidered: Seo Joo Hyun was something, potential to be a destroyer.

But deepdown inside, he could feel something warm was raising, bringing up a missing thing.

*&^%$#@
 
The three bestfriends finished up their proper dinner, and stepped out from Bibimbab restaurant, began to wave goodbye hands for each others.

“Will you be up to the music class at orpahanage? Tonight?” Soo Young asked her after giving a warm friendly hug.

Seo Hyun shrugged, “I don’t know. Not that feeling well for any teaching stuff.”

Soo Young scretched a knowing smile, “Ahrasseo. Come to downplay your stress if you’re ready. The children will be so blessed having you tonight.”

The long-haired woman nodded thankfully.

“Okay, we’re off. Be careful on the way home.” Jung Shin rubbed her shoulder, sending a warm feeling upon the messy plans and things happened on her lately. Seo Hyun signaled an okay gesture by raising her thumb to her pair bestfriend, then throwing off a final goodbye wave.

She stretched the soreness of her neck and forearms muscles while stepping forwards to the bus shelter, planning to catch a ride to return home.

And that was an exact beat when a mysterious man with a dark full mask covered his face up grabbed her right-hung bag to be pulled off of her, being robbed in one flash, and the culprit run away after getting her full precious bag.

Seo Hyun screamed to the bones until the up of her lungs realizing the just happened calamity. “Robber!” She could hear her shout screeched across the whole sidewalk, and the next second, she run away to chase him.

Rotten brat, you screw my day up to the worst!

Before she could reach him out, she found the damn robber being twirled by one snap martial-art movement oh his way. She halted in an almost-ungolloped heart, and witnessed a sadistic steps about him got off to be fainted after one man caught him up to his nightmare evening: being punched, kicked, thrown, punched again, slapped, and finally keeled over against the ground.

People began to gather, and Seo Hyun felt completely being a prime hogged all this day.

The man raked her bag then turned around, returning to her. And she was in total startled when she saw his face. Jung Yong Hwa reached her out, handing off her bag, “This.”

She stammered to pile a reply. Being thankful and hateful in one blended thought. “T-thankyou.”

Together they came to the lied-on-the-ground thief, could listen his weak whimper over the pain Yong Hwa pinched whenever he reached the culprit’s body. Yong Hwa kneeled down to get his mask, and flipped it out to expose the owner face.

Seo Hyun squealed, closing afterwards.

Yong Hwa lifted his head up catching her strange response, “Do you know him?”

“Never this well,” She followed Yong Hwa, crouching next to him, “He’s my twin brother.”


*&^%$#@
 
Seo Jong Hyun groaned painfully in order to collect his full consciousness. After he regained his half strength, his slanted eyes caught Seo Hyun and a man, his twin sister and a rude yet strong man, crouching in front him. He tried hard to sit up straightly, turning his eyes to his younger sister.

“Since when you become a robber?” Seo Hyun’s voice rimmed with a full wrath tone.

Jong Hyun winced, “I’m not a robber.”

“You’re so low, Oppa! Crazy bastard!” She punched him grouchily onto his exact arms, gaining another  whimper from Jong Hyun, “Tell me what were you doing all these days beside you had stolen my earned money!”

“I didn’t steal your money back then.”

“You did.” She prepared another clutch hands before tossing it to Jong Hyun, “I want to kill you right know. You’re such a son of !” Then she rained him back with a lot of thwacks.

“Don’t. You hurt me!”

“You deserve these punches!”

“Ahrasseo, ahrasseo. Stop, Hyun!” Jong Hyun paused her snap while dealing with the pain, he winced for every small movements his bones snapped, “I’m wrong. I stole your money. I’m sorry. But I’m not a robber.”

“Ha!”

“Today’s incident..” He hold his short breath. Before continuing, he pitily threw a gaze at her, “I’m sorry. I don’t have enough money, Hyunnie.”

Seo Hyun shot another punch, and again, about five times, paused then punched again repeatedly, accompanying by Jong Hyun’s wince and painful scream, begging her to stop. “You know you’re real bastard! Go to hell! I don’t need you as my brother! You’re such a burden! You told me to find a job but you ended up trying to rob my bag. You’re total jerk! Go away from my life!”

It was the small inducer to roll tears flew down from her eyes. Seo Hyun began to cry upon how rude her brother ruined her life, and how tired she was. A few tears could lead to the weary soul, and Seo Hyun showed it all.

Yong Hwa witnessed all the twins scene in total speechless.

He didn’t like Seo Joo Hyun for the heel of interrupting his peaceful daily life, but he twenty times hated her twins worse. He could read almost clearly the matter of the family, how burdened her of her brother, and how brazen her brother was. Back to the toe of other’s personal matter, Yong Hwa decided to leave unnoticed.

“But I don’t back with nothing, Hyunnie.” Jong Hyun regulated his breath between his pain, “I’ve found something.”

Seo Hyun paused. “I don’t need another lie.”

“This is not a lie!” He yelled back, getting tired of his sister’s disbelief thought, “I know you’re mad at me. But please, listen to me about this one.”

She hold the tears backtracked. “Go ahead.”

Jong Hyun muttered slowly, “I’ve searched the trace of our family, and how our mother told us before she died, about our still alive father whom we never met before. And I discovered,” He inhaled, “That lately, he moved here, in Seoul. And I know his name.”

Seo Hyun got the suspense, she dropped her vexation in one flash. “Who?”

A name Yong Hwa could hear from Jong Hyun’s lips brought him to feel a thrill. He might hear that name before, somewhere, in the past. No, he might knew their father before. But he was stucked to the present. Because he forgot everything after those total losses.

*&^%$#@
 
A crush pounded across the hall, breaking down stage, following by a lot of scared screams out of every corner. Then he heard a ring of ambulance. He found himself trembling, rolling down millions of tears while calling someone, “Appa.. Appa..” to a man who lied down in blood rains all over his weak body.

Then he heard someone yelled to him. “You’re such a killer!”

“It’s your fault!”

“Ungrateful kid!”
 
Yong Hwa yelled in wet clothes, sweat soaked all over his body. His heart raced uncontrollably as he snapped out of that dream, a nightmare, almost unforgettable dream. His short breathes traced to fast rhytm as his tremble hand lean against his chest, trying to downplay its gallops. Chill, cold, and scary. Attempting to brush the fleeting remnant incident memory to appear again inside his head, he got up, looking for any distractions. But failed as he stumbled down against the floor, crying.
*&^%$#@
 
Seo Hyun stepped inside the well-decorated livingroom after experiencing a huge terrace surrounding by green plantes all over the sides. Big brown sofas, ivory flower motif wallpaper sticked garnishing the wall, ancient yet arthistic paintings hang on, luxury crystals and glasses in everywhere she landed her sight to the corner of the house, the title of FNC President blew her mind up to the very rich and wealthy family. Like this one.

She hurriedly straightened up as she met Mrs. Jung and her secretary was about to go out, going across the livingroom.

“Anneyong haseyo.” She took a bow.

Mrs. Jung twitched a smile finding a guest, “So, you are..?”

“Jung Hara’s new piano teacher. I’m also one of FNC staff.” She answered politely.

A raising eyebrows on Mrs.Jung’s face signaled an understanding expression. “Please take care of my daughter.”

“My pleasure, Ma’am.”

Then a young maid with a lace pinky dress came to approach their bustle, “Seo Hyun-ssi, Hara-yah is waiting.”

She nodded and prepared to take a step, giving the last bow to Mrs. Jung and her secretary, going to Hara’s room for piano lesson.

Mrs. Jung let the silence drip for a moment, a kind of thought floating inside her mind. His secretary called her out to ask, “Anything wrong, Ma’am?”

“Oh. Nothing.” She answered after one snap, “I’m just thinking.. I’m quite familiar with her face. Did I ever meet her before?”

“Never, Ma’am, in official encounter.”

She agreed, then stepped out of the house.


*&^%$#@
 
Jung Hara was pretty cheerful and disaster girl at the same time, a total disobedient child who surrounded by many abundant facilities as a member of a powerful family. That was her, if Seo Hyun could describe the youngest daughter in one sentence.

He couldn’t play do-re-mi until si note by both right and left hands after admitting that she had received piano lesson before about three times, making Seo Hyun pounded to the nerve-wrecking question: so what did you do in the past, my love, kid, girl?

But she remained calmly as strong as she could. She reached the lazy girl leaning on the big sofa in the side of the huge window garnishing by luxury curtain, ignoring the grand piano from the center of the room, and playing her iPad instead.

“Hara-yah.” She called patiently, coming closer.

The girl snapped. “Look, Unnie!” Hara showed a Super Junior Mr.Simple’s MV from her iPad screen, “Siwon Oppa is completely hot! HAAAWWTTT! And look, Hee Chul Oppa, aaaaw I’m squeezing, Unnie!”

She snorted. Feding up enough upon her fangirling mode. “Ahrasseo. We will discuss that matter later. Now, get on your seat, we must begin your lesson. We’re already wasted 30 minutes.”

“Shiro!” Hara shouted, “Play that piano by yourself. Aren’t you mastered? Play. I’m listening.”

“Hara-yah!”

“I’m going to spaaaaaazzzz over the night. All day long. Just don’t you ever disturb me.”

She sniffed, roughly grabbing his iPhone away from her after gaining a protest scream from that girl, then going to the piano, sitting down in front of the tuts. “Listen to me now. I’m prisoning your iPad.”

“Unnie, you’re rude!” Hara cried.

Then she played the notes slowly, explaining one by one along with the standard melody. “When you press this do note, you should do with your thumb from right hand, and your little finger from your left hand.. Then press them together.. And for re sound..

She looked up to see her leaning, and discovered no one. She turned around, and got the same result. Hara was lost, leaving his private class.

“Hara-yah!” Seo Hyun looked for, sneaking potential hiding spots in the room, but nothing was found. So she finally stepped outside, looking for the rascal girl, crossing the corridors of the big house frantically.

You’re getting into my nerve, Kid! I’ll catch you for real!


*&^%$#@

Jung Yong Hwa landed his foot on the well-garished marmer blocks floor, in front of a wide brown wooden doorleaf, and receiving a respectful bow from a mid-year man, another his family’s assistant. It had been such a very long time since he made his steps on this house floor, Jung Family.

“Ahjussi, I’ll make my visit extremely fast. Needless to tell Hyung or Omeoni.” She sentenced an instruction, gaining an understanding node from the man.

He was about to take another step before turning back, “And I need my private visit.” So the assistant took his leave, sliding away.

Yong Hwa heaved a breath before coming into the hesitancy. To reassure himself, he inhaled even deeply and finally gripping the doorknob, pressing down, letting his body to step inside.

He spotted a weak gray man lying on the large bed, eyes closed and looked defensively lifeless. He had spiral cathethers sticked outward all over his body, completely depended his life upon a set of medical equipments. He could examine one on the man’s nose below in order to help his breath rhytm and oxygen requirements, one on his vein right wrist to control his body fluid and nutrition injection, on the corner of his lips, and some precordial bullets spreaded over his chests to maintain heart electricity working, else blood pressure that Yong Hwa could see on the monitor nearby.                              

Yong Hwa’s heart run out, going to stop in one snap seeing that man’s feebleness. He had his seat nearby, holding every tear on his warm eyes back. Raising his soft hands, he reached his hand, murmuring in a husky, coarse voice, “Appa.. Mianhe.”

Then he couldn’t control his emotion anymore. The tears rolled down, skimming through his cheeks, escaping hardly as he surpressed his sorrow and lacerated heart.

“I’m sorry, Appa, for not making routine visits for you. But,” He paused, sobbed, “I move here now. I promise. I promise you, Appa, I’ll be here, often.” He bit his curled lower lip, “Please be healthy..”

And as the words escaped from his lips, Yong Hwa buried her face on his father’s lying hand, weeped over in red-rimmed eyes.

The second after that, he could hear someone opened the doorleaf..