A Pencil on The Melody Part 11

A Pencil On The Melody

Chapter 11

Jealousy

 

 

 

It’s Seo Hyun.” Yunho hissed, still grabbing the photo on his clutch.

“Yes. I suspected this fact since I first saw her.” Mr. Jung added, “She’s definitely Seo Jae Suk’s daughter.”
__________________________________________________________________________________________________



Evening casted a yellow ray to polish up Mr. Jung’s shadow aside the window. He was sitting down to a wheelchair and stared straight to a man—a kid on his eyes, actually- standing before him, rigid and intentional.

It had been more than a minute for Yong Hwa to be summoned to meet Mr. Jung. To this state, Yong Hwa knew he was going to face a serious private talk, none else.

“So,” Mr. Jung start, voice heavy and full of anticipation, “This is my last question for you, Yong Hwa-yah. And I’m not forcing you. Not after these seven years you have lived under a huge burden placed by me. Not again, Son.”

Quizzical opening to conclude Yong Hwa what the real behind those sentences.

Ne, Abeoji.

And Yong Hwa could clearly catch his father’s sigh right after.

“I’m asking you for the last time.” Mr. Jung’s focus was all to him, “Do you still stand on your shoes? Not eager to take my position as this family leader, FNC’s main director?”

Old song for Yong Hwa.

“I have no intention to take that. I’m still here, and you know, Abeoji. I love—“

“Freedom. I know, Son.” Mr. Jung cut him off, continuing on his perfect guess.

Yong Hwa flashed a thin smile. What his mind reeled in this time was all conversation that had been done in the past between him and his father. Right now was a replay: exactly same questions and same answers. Not changing anything.

It took some minutes for Mr. Jung to halt the time, “You know, Son, you and your brother are my pride. And I—“

“Abeoji,” Yong Hwa’s tone got softer, “I’m okay. Yunho Hyung deserved our family’s company because he’s really credible and realiable to be your successor, to be a leader. Beside, my passion is not settled on this place, on your position. Not at all. Don’t worry about me, I’m gonna find my own way to live really well.”

Mr. Jung paused. Touched by the second, but waver to the next second.

“Are you really sure for this?”

“I’m sticked on my tounge.” Yong Hwa smiled certainly, slightly bowing.

But on Yong Hwa’s eyes nonetheless, Mr. Jung’s expression was still stiff and not really satisfied for what he convinced. So he tried again.

“Abeoji, believe me. My reach in future won’t disappoint you, eventhough I’ll walk on my own path.” Yong Hwa talked in a kind tone.

But what he got was another silence.

Waiting for his father’s response but nothing came, he broke again. He was a little bit confused to this meeting, because everyone knew what his answer would exactly be. It would run in vain because he always stood for his belief till the end. And his father perfectly understood that.

“If there’s no more things you want me to talk about, I’ll take my leave,” Yong Hwa bent his neck to send a little bow, finally.

“She’s gonna be a part of our family.”

A sentence that was glided through Mr. Jung’s lips tugged him to engrave a deep furrow on his forehead, “Ne?”

“Seo Joo Hyun. That girl will be a part of our family.”

What Yong Hwa could hear afterwards was a random case absolutely, or a perfect impossible surprise in a blisful evening under Jung’s family peaceful roof. He just could produce a full-rounded eye balls to be popped out in seconds, “Ne?”

“She’s Seo Jae Suk’s daughter, I’ve just discovered. And she’s for sure, in future, due to my promise to Jae Suk when that guy was still alive—my promise to protect his daghter, Seo Joo Hyun will be a part of our family.”

Yong Hwa’s mouth opened up in agape.

What kind of joke is running here?

Seo Jae Suk’s daughter? Seo Joo Hyun? Seo—SEO?

“Either she’ll be my second daughter, I’m planning to adopt her anyway, or—“ Mr. Jung stared at Yong Hwa right on the eyes, “She will become my future daughter-in-law, which is FNC’s director’s wife, a future Mrs. Jung, I’ve not decided yet.”

He was strucked by the sentence.

“Abeoji—“

“Yunho and your mother knew this. And they agreed to give Seo Hyun some options, what she wants to choose between those offers. And there will be just two choices: my daughter or my daughter-in-law, because whatever happened, she must be a part of our family. I promised his father to do so. And so his father wanted her to be.”

Right know a big lump clumped inside Yong Hwa’s throat.

He knew what this conversation ended up now. He understood why his father suddenly became a little bit gloomy and sad, and wavered at the same time. For this shocking news, he wondered what he could react. Should he be happy to be Seo Joo Hyun’s future brother? Or he should be—

His heart ached and crumpled. For the first time. He felt broken.

“And I know your heart stands for.”

It was like a huge electricity power his lungs, bones, muscles, skin, all of his body’s parts and organs.

“And for forcing you to make a hard choice, I’m sorry.” Mr. Jung continued.

Time walked super slowly when Yong Hwa’s face stained blue.

“Go with that, Abeoji.”

Mr. Jung was startled on his spot hearing that stern statement.

Yong Hwa’s eyes were shaky but searched for his own bravery shrad.

Mr. Jung could read everything when that guy shot him in determined—but scattered, way.

As a father, he was very aware that he was doing the worst to him. Indirectly force Yong Hwa to choose between Seo Joo Hyun, and his brother, that would take FNC’s highest position, he just made a pretty unfair step.

But Mr. Jung had no choice, afterall. Not after he knew Seo Hyun’s background, and how close her father, Seo Jae Suk, to him in the past.

Right now Seo Hyun was his responsibility.

And holding her to be a part of his family was a must, compulsory matter.

“Seo Joo Hyun is not my bussiness, so just do what you think right to her, Abeoji.”

Once again, Mr. Jung was surprise on Yong Hwa’s strong denial reactions under a quick agreement like this.

It was too much for him. For Yong Hwa, and him as a father.

“Yong Hwa-yah—“ Mr. Jung said, deciding to give Yong Hwa some time, “If you want to think about this first, you can—“

“And I have no feeling for her, Abeoji. Seo Joo Hyun is no one.”

Yong Hwa stopped, right there, right on that sentence.

That he knew, his heart inside his chest kicked hard to reflect a rejection towards that sentence. That he was in reality, difficult to take a breath normally. He was too in strange pain that he had no idea where that pain came from. He was too shocked to response, too foggy to take a clear mind.

“Don’t force your self, Yong Hwa-yah.”

All Mr. Jung expressed were all sadness, concerned, and anticipation.

“Whatever it is, I’m still standing on my own freedom. And what do you expect me to react on your question, Abeoji? To change my decision? Definitely no.”

The words were glided incisively, short but full of hidden emotion, unrevealed anger.

“Fine.” Mr. Jung finally heaved a long sigh. He knew Yong Hwa and his stubbornness, he could read everything. But all decisions, Yong Hwa had himself. “You can go now. I’m giving you a week before I stepped into my next plan to have her here literally.”

Yong Hwa said nothing and just took a light bow as a slight agreement.

“Come here, Yong Hwa-yah.”

Mr. Jung waved his hand to make Yong Hwa stepping closer. And by the time he handed off a white envelope to Yong Hwa after the son was just a meter away, Mr. Jung said in desperation and a demure sad tone, “Believe me, if I had a choice, I would not have given you this.”

Yong Hwa opened up the letter inside then read it inwardly, and his hands were shaky due to no frigid air right after he finished.

He was statued for the news and did not have enough energy to just move a finger. It was like a double night mare he wanted to snap out from.

From Korean Military Service.

An army call.

And the letter was stating Jung Yong Hwa to participate on this obligatory task, starting from a month after.

“I just received this two days ago. And my heart was broken enough to find you in this state Yong Hwa-yah, so to find this letter—“ Mr. Jung paused, pulling himself not to break down due to army reason written on that paper.

But Yong Hwa was in enough breaking down.

Seven years escaping from really huge guilty induced Yong Hwa to take off everything: music, carreer, family, and all. And he had no intention, or clearly he couldn’t really mind to join military service at that time—time that run super fastly and right now started running his nerves, until this day, when he was officially called by the government and had no way to escape, because nobody could.

Yong Hwa tried to play it calm by tidying the letter and the envelope.

“Yong Hwa-yah?”

“I’m taking this.”

Mr. Jung closed his eyes for a moment, breathing for a peace air, “And yor planning is?”

“Parcitipating in army. It’s inevitable.”

Mr. Jung nodded heavily and started praying: whatever Yong Hwa’s burden and misery that guy kept on his shoulders, as a father he hoped he could share it together. Or the burden could be placed a half on him, as a father, once again. Please, be patient, Son.

He spread his arms to take Yong Hwa inside his fatherly embrace. And Yong Hwa received.

“You know that I’m here to support you. You can talk everything to me, Yong Hwa-yah.”

Yong Hwa closed his eyes to absorb this energy.

He hoped once he opened up his eyes, everything would be back to normal and peaceful, happy and joyful.

At least one second, inside Mr. Jung’s tender embrace. He hoped, he really craved for it.

“Thank you, Abeoji.”

*&^%$#@

 

Yong Hwa knew he was grumpy and ill-tempered all those days he spent in FNC before his work as head of department would be finally over. He would officially resign two weeks from now, when he held the soundtrack launching on FNC Company’s birthday, right a day before he went to army. Though still, no one knew his real condition. The reason for him to hid this matter was absolute, he didn’t want to catch a mess before the soundtrack launching—everyone’s joy peak.

And everything was too crowded, too stuffy, inside his head.

It was too short to do many things he really wanted to. He had no time to compose other songs and deeply involved in music world again—he would go in less than a month. He should halt that eagerness to stay longer until he was officially done to serve the country which would take very very later—God, even that army thing had not started yet.

Especially when it came to Seo Hyun, that now was standing right before his eyes –he summoned her during lunch. He felt that he had not finished with this girl yet. Something was skipped between them, and he couldn’t point out what that was.

Yong Hwa threw a small notebook to his own desk, revealing a list of his schedule for today.

“What is this, Seo Joo Hyun?”

He knew he was stern to mutter this heavy tone.

That was scretched a simple note on his flipped schedule list page: meeting with TV show staff on 2 p.m, soundtrack interview.

And right now was 10 a.m. Four hours for go.

Seo Hyun took a peek, eyes shifting to him in determination, “I’m doing this for our own good.”

“I’ve never given you an allowance to do this stuff. And this is MY schedule note. Who the hell are you? My new assistant?”

That was rough, he knew.

But Seo Hyun was rigid.

“This soundtrack needs to be published. Early is better. And this step to have TV interview before our official launching—“

“No need to do that. What we should concern now is doing our best for the launching. Not wasting our time to stuff like this. Public will know this soundtrack in future by the time, along with the drama airing.“

“But we’re new. We’re all new. Everyone knows FNC, but people out there doesn’t know you, me, our staff. This interview will boost up at least our name before we go for the launching. And we can give a little teaser to public so they can get anxious to wait for the release!”

“It’s no need, can’t you hear?” Yong Hwa got dejected. A state not to be bothered if she knew Yong Hwa’s bad temper.

“I’m just seeking for a chance, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi.”

“But in this matter, you’ve crossed the line. You have no rights to interrupt my schedule out of my permission. You’ve got my family’s heart but it didn’t mean you can control anything!”

Yong Hwa’s high tone ring crudely.

Seo Hyun was surprised for a moment.

“Then what was I supposed to do?” Seo Hyun’s voice degraded to a desperation and fed up, “Sitting down in silence, when you’re right there being so not focus but so strangely spit-fire without doing nothing? Oh, you should learn. Without us, this work would not be happening.”

And to that point Yong Hwa was shut.

“I admitted I was wrong to interrupt your schedule and dare to insert TV interview on your business list. But if you remembered, I did ask your permission. But I’ve got no response from you. Basically, in fact, I really don’t want to step onto yours. But I can’t do something else since you ignored me.”

And Yong Hwa was slightly startled. Did she?

Clearly he couldn’t remember a thing where and when she tried to seek for his permission. But he still stood on his shoes, anyway, this TV interview stuff was useless.

“Whatever happened, I won’t go to this unscheduled meeting.” Yong Hwa threw a final descision.

Seo Hyun sighed, closing her eyes before saying, “Then I’ll go.”

It reached Yong Hwa’s limit, for sure.

This stubborn girl!

“Can you clearly get my point, Seo Joo Hyun?” He narrowed his eyes. “It’s not just about your interruption. It’s about something like this is pointless!”

“I’m not doing this for you. I’m just doing what I think better for this soundtrack project.”

“You’re not going anywhere.” Yong Hwa cut her, eagle eyes shot Seo Joo Hyun. “You can’t go anywhere without my permission. Back to your desk right now before I cut your name off this team.”

He knew Seo Hyun’s eyes went larger by his threat, but she just stood there for a moment in deep silence, engulfing eagerness to spat back. She finally turned around, leaving his room with stomping steps.

It was obvious that she was angry.

And he found he was just too rude after seeing that view.

Gosh. What happened to you, Jung Yong Hwa?

He finally broke down to his chair and start massaging his temple. A sudden regret of scolding her creep his heart. He just hoped, by sitting down like this, everything would be solved. But that was definitely huge mistake, it would not happened.

 

*&^%$#@

 

And when Seo Joo Hyun was getting angry, it was really a big deal.

She would throw eyes-straight whenever she accidentally passed Yong Hwa in corridor, throwing face away while meeting him in lift or they just simply joined the same project meeting. She did ignore him whenever they had chance to bump into each other.

It was not so her, but Yong Hwa was starting to think what he did really wrecked her nerves in literal way.

And almost everyone noticed this changing.

The main duo, composer-pianist, or whatever people called that Jung Yong Hwa-Seo Joo Hyun partnership, was mad to each other. That “we’re on war”-mode was written right on their forehead, and smelled right under everyone’s nose.

Jung Shin kept his desire to ask why until this afternoon, when Seo Hyun excused herself to make a cup of coffee in a time Yong Hwa entered staff room to check some stuff. She clearly avoided him especially when Yong Hwa started to have a little chat with another staff, three desks away from her.

Jung Shin hurriedly reached her on her way.

“You guys have fight?” Jung Shin’s tounge couldn’t stand for this question anymore. He matched her pace on their way.

Seo Hyun shrugged, eyes still placing forward. “Nope.”

“Then what? Are you mad at him?” Jung Shin insisted.

“There’s no such thing.” Seo Hyun cut him off.

Oh. So she’s really mad.

“Yah!” Jung Shin finally yelled, “Do you think how long we’ve been friends? It was clearly stated that you’re piqued upon something, Seo Joo Hyun. And it was definitely, Jung Yong Hwa-thing. Don’t try to avoid me.”

Then she stopped, heaving a long sigh before slowly turned her head to Jung Shin, “Hearing his name, I really want to punch that guy.”

“Then punch him.” Jung Shin added, “Do you want to borrow my hammer? Boxing gloves? Hoe?”

Seo Hyun turned into a good laughter, “A bomb, please.”

“Serve you.” Jung Shin responded, playing along.

She chuckled, a sudden anger releasing from her tense face.

Jung Shin sent her a reassuring smile in response.

Then after a minute they kept the silence, she finally broke. “Yes, you’re perfectly right, Jung Shinnie. I have no eargerness to talk to him after we had fight.” Then she smirked, “I’m so childish, I know, but he’s too rude.”

“Jung Yong Hwa surely has sharp tounge. That’s an open secret.”

She nodded, “Maybe I’m okay with him, but somehow it really got me so peevish. But, don’t worry, it will be back to normal for sure. Just—can’t tell you the exact time when we will make up.”

“Be soon.” Jung Shin protested, “The launching will start next week. I don’t want to see our team plastering sour face due to you both. Ck, Brat.”

Right now Seo Hyun laughed, “Let’s see. I want to see Jung Yong Hwa solved this problem first.”

“Seo Hyun-ssi!”

Both Jung Shin and Seo Hyun’s head turned to the source direction. And that time, Yunho was waving at them, then start approaching their standing.

Anneyong haseyo,” as employers, there was a rule to manage this bow, though they already did in reflex motion.

Jung Shin specifically, he bowed so low while Seo Hyun, to his confusion, just put a slight bow. And he swore he just saw Yunho’s eyes already shifted on her now, not really took a look at his presence. But what made his wrinkles on forehead deepened, the way they talked was so casual like a friend, or best friend, or siblings.

Yunho scretched a fresh smile, “How’s your legs?”

Seo Hyun answered, “It’s fine. Thanks for you.”

Yunho’s face turned brighter, this time Jung Shin couldn’t be wrong.

“Very well, then. Meet up at 5?”

Oh. An appointment out of work hour?

“At five. No late.” Seo Hyun flashed an eye smile. “Deal.”

Yunho laughed, extremely excited in Jung Shin’s eyes, “Deal.”

And by the time Yunho finally took a leave, Jung Shin was itching to ask what the hell is happening between them. But what he found was an absolute fad, “For this, I’m not gonna tell you anything, Jung Shinnie.” And with that sentence, Seo Hyun finally took a heel, leaving him absentmindedly and hanging.

*&^%$#@

 

Two days before soundtrack launching.

 

She’s there.

It was the exact time while Yong Hwa caught Seo Hyun was off from the lobby elevator and aiming the main exit door.

He was certain this time.

That what she did these days already reached his limit to play along—avoiding her was the worst thing he ever did. That he couldn’t stand passing her without sending their usual greeting. That he hated seeing she preferred standing ten meters away from him other than taking a seat next to him, even the only seat available was that.

That he craved to see her smile for him. That he wanted to have her giving him a new motivation, a warm spirit.

That he missed her, and wanted to end all of this.

Yong Hwa was waiting behind the the pillar building while his shoes start to bring him approaching her. Smile setting, hair cut was unquestionably tidy and fresh. Suit nice, fragrance checked. Just one left: words for apologize he mentally prepared.

He inhaled in every step.

But then he suddenly stopped.

Right there he caught someone was coming to her first. Bright and lovable framing his tall figure, black formal suit wrapped her fine posture, and a very friendly smile—warm guy typical no one could reject-plastered very perfectly on his face.

And by that time he saw they talked together, their shared laughter sent him a signal not even try to interrupt.

It was Yunho, with undefinable joyful and excitement airing around their talk. It made a quick click for Yong Hwa to stop there, examining and statueing.

Then they walked outside the building.

From the glass main exit door, Yong Hwa could catch Yunho’s car already prepared and being parked outside. He felt sudden uneasy crawling his chest to see Yunho himself opened up the door car for Seo Hyun, and drove her away.

He knew well what that meant: a private schedule.

His heart kicked his chest in a hurtful way, strangely but crumpledly.

So he called his assistant to hurriedly prepare his car, too. It just took a minute for him to follow his instinct after the car was prepared outside: following Yunho and Seo Hyun behind. A credit for car queque before the company gate in work-hours, it made him not too loose Yunho’s car.

 

*&^%$#@

 

Ballroom dance was a mixture of elegance, art, music, and romance. At least that what Yong Hwa knew right before his eyes caught Seo Hyun and Yunho performed ballroom dance on the floor.

He followed them and dropped by a ballroom practice hall. Then they were there, Seo Hyun and Yunho, together performing and practicing the move with an instructor. Private room to practice surrounded by mirror wall.

And he admitted, Seo Hyun looked perfectly stunning wrapped by a small blue dress with tiny straps to the neck that was dropping beautifully by following her every move, wonderfully enough to show her body shape in detail. Hair tightened in ponytail, in his hideout, he could mentioned that her skin was radiant enough, slowly showing her swet polishing.

She and Yunho were there, supple and flexible, looked like having enough practice to perform real excellent ballroom dance to an upcoming event—Yong Hwa had no eagerness to find out what this time.

When the music was played, she started to have her own hands chained by Yunho then they swung over each other, pulling over and pulling out, making a circle and spinning. She was flying then Yunho caught her up, she was sticked to Yunho’s body like magnet afterwards, then backed to swing and fly again. They both did in harmony, too unified as a pair. Chemistry, that what everyone called to describe this state.

And Yong Hwa hated it.

Seeing her with his own brother, was strangely excruciating.

Yong Hwa unconsciously tightened his jaw up then turned around, taking steps away.

He clearly remembered everything. His father’s plan, and mostly his short-term future event: army call. Then he rubbed his face in depression after he got onto his own car.

 

*&^%$#@

 

Seo Hyun bowed to Yunho after he dropped her by her apartment after three hours practice.

“Thank you, Jung Yunho-ssi.” She said with a smile.

“Don’t get sick.” Yunho reminded her from his opened car window, “We must perform in our best stamina for the vent. That’s your song’s launching, so this must remain perfect to everyone, especially to yourself.”

Ne.” She nodded, “You’ll be the new idol after your staff seeing your performance, Director-nim.”

Yunho laughed, “You are. You’re the beautiful one.”

For a second Seo Hyun was confused how to reply this complimentary, so she just bent her neck down politely. “Anniyo.

Yunho flashed a warm smile seeing her reaction, and resisted himself to continue teasing, “So, we should make this FNC’s birthday party the most memorable one.”

“Roger that, Yunho-ssi.”

Then they both laughed.

“Fine. See you, Seo Joo Hyun.”

By that Yunho taking off from her apartment parking lot.

Then she went in and started taking a lift to her floor.

Walking quite fastly, she passed by a door next hers that was almost a month always being closed and the occupant seldom stayed there.

It was Yong Hwa’s.

She clearly knew that after Mr. Jung’s waking up, Yong Hwa chose to stay home all days and barely went here, even just to take a nap, or to take a bath, to whatever.

And the memories started reeling to fill her head.

It was when she had a chance to share room with him, making coffee together, sharing breakfast till dinner, all things she never do with any other guy except her brother before. And it when that every memory started to squeeze her heart and left a pain there.

That she missed him.

He wanted Yong Hwa right now to appear in front of her.

And she snapped out right after she realized that she stared at his door too long. She sighed and started walking to her own door, unlocking it, and before she finally going in, she couldn’t help but took a peek to Yong Hwa’s front for the last.

She dropped her body to the bed for some time after she stepped in.

Yong Hwa’s face was everywhere she might be crazy, sticking and following her. And she suddenly felt so wrong for acting too much, too dramatic and too immature after their fight. God, am I that bad? What happened to you, Seo Joo Hyun? This afternoon you’re still pushing into his gut, why right now you’re so craving to see his face?

She hated to feel this way, so stupid and so coward. So she distracted herself by opening up a box from Yunho today.

She choked in amazement after seeing what she discovered.

It was a mini black dress for the ballroom dance, a costume, quite y and revealing, yet so much beautiful. Still with tiny straps to the neck, and backless part to the backside, but to the downside, she found what she loved the most: double layers with puffy inner part, and fling outer part. It made the dress so thick but still following to where she moved. And the small butterflies chain lining from her right waist to left chest, it was sparkling and sweet. For the heels, she got matching ones, with another butterfly marks out there.

She smiled after reading the note written there: Enjoy your fly. Hope you like it.

That’s it. The word ‘fly’ meant ‘dancing’ for her and Yunho. And that guy knew, butterfly was a beautiful creature could portray a stunning dancer was. So they both hoped, by dancing, they simply could feel like flying.

She started posing and fitting up before finally tidying the present and the box after sometime she looked satisfied in front of the mirror. Jung Yunho-ssi is so kind and irresistible. Why so different with his bro—damn it. Yong Hwa’s appearance popped out to her mind again. Crap, crap, crap!

Then she dropped herself to the bed, before drowning her own head to the pillow and kept cursing until night stole her to the dream land.

And she never knew, in this same night, Yong Hwa’s steps reached her door but stopped there for so long. Staring but do nothing, sending bitter mixture and combination feeling no one could describe. Yong Hwa couldn’t point out what he really seeked, what he really wanted, so he decided to give up and unlock his own door then getting in.

He called his father right after. “Ne, Abeoji. I’m not sleeping at home tonight, I have—“ He paused. I’m so missing her. Yong Hwa swallowed then continued, “I just have some stuff left here at apartment and want to fix it up. Yes. Fine. I’ll meet you tomorrow.”

He heaved a deep sigh. Inwardly, he didn’t want to meet his brother, not in this condition. And not after he wanted to find Seo Hyun and crushed her tightly. The strong eagerness to break her door was tingling. But, no, no, Jung Yong Hwa. Words are enough. An apologize. Don’t be too emotional.

Then Yong Hwa started to walk to his refrigerator. It was quite long since the last time he had a quality Soju time alone.

*&^%$#@

 

“We will tell her right after the launching.” Mr. Jung looked straightly on Yong Hwa’s eyes, “That Seo Joo Hyun is Seo Jae Suk’s daughter. And there, we will give her the choices.”

Yong Hwa clutched his hands unconsciously. This was another private meeting summoned by his father, and he had no eagerness to give a feedback.

“So, did you tell her that you’ll go the army less than a week?” He knew that Mr. Jung was cautious to ask him this question. This was a little bit rough.

Pure silence before Yong Hwa finally shook his head slowly.

Mr. Jung tried not to sigh so obviously, he knew what his son thought right now. A pity was drawn in every inch of his skin. “Yong Hwa-yah—“

“I’m handling this, Abeoji. I’m just too stuffy with everything. Don’t worry and just do whatever you think is the best for us, okay?”

And by that Yong Hwa left, leafing Mr. Jung to fall into a deep sigh and guilty.

Then he bumped into Yunho, the last person he wanted to meet right now.

“Yong Hwa-yah!” As usual, Yunho was cheerful and lively. A part of his brother Yong Hwa couldn’t want to face.

But he tried harder to put a natural smile. This felt so much harder than breaking the wall with his karate skill, he swore.

“Hi, Hyung.”

“Good luck for the launching. You must be nervous.”

“Thanks.” He knew his expression plastered a rejection, if Yunho was really his brother after all. “And yes, I’m nervous.” Short and pointful.

“That will be a great night, Man. Our FNC’s birthday party and your soundtrack launching. And ah, I’ve prepared something for you.” Yunho spread a big smile on his face.

God, please. Don’t talk about that ballroom dance right in this second.

“I’ll wait for that.” Yong Hwa pushed a grin.

Yunho replied him with a flashed smile then passed by after patting his brother’s shoulder.

Right before his face suddenly changed on his way.

Yunho’s face turned into red larger eyes and clasped jaw resisting to scream out, bloodstream flushing his cheeks and tracking on his skin. He was in pain, and it crumpled his ankles in full force. So he quickly reached the wall to prop up his body. Yunho’s lips were trembling due to the restrained pain, he mouthed a growl in silence, didn’t want to catch an attention.

But the sound of him crushing to the wall could induce Yong Hwa to turn around, “Hyung?” The hatred conscience and whatever sound Yong Hwa hid before was swayed away, changing with a natural care towards his brother,“Are you okay?”

The Younger found Yunho's back, he was leaning on the wall.

Yunho managed to sound a normal reply after just gasping in the air to bear the pain, “I—I’m just—tired.”

“Then call your assistant, Hyung.”

After a second, Yong Hwa’s expression changed into something, very sudden worriness cracked him to a particular condition he suspected, “Hyung, are your legs okay? You do check to the doctor in order, right?”

Yong Hwa started approaching him.

“Don’t come!”

The Younger paused by the shout.

Yunho’s pain crawled and he really could fall in seconds, “I always hated it when you saw me sick. You know me.” He set his voice in low mode, not showing up his mute groan.

“Hyung—“

“Don’t worry, okay? Go, Yong Hwa-yah. And my legs are okay. Just, go.”

So Yong Hwa retreated after some time he hesitated, “Fine. I’ll call the housekeeper to accompany you.”

Yunho couldn’t reply that sentence and just attempted to stay upright. Hearing Yong Hwa’s steps were finally away, he finally broke down to the floor. Breathing fastly and sweat started drowning his body, he put off his shoes and examined his both ankles. They were red, slightly swollen, stabbing, and—he groaned, so stiff and difficult to be moved.

 

 

------continuation will be soon. comments are appreaciated. Sorry for the late, and the pending! -author.