chapter 4

HOLD ME TIGHT

Byunghun opened his eyes slowly, taking in what was around him. Looking around he noticed that he was in his room. He blinked a few times before realizing that someone to his surprise was asleep upon his bedside and what surprised him more that someone is none other than Lee Chanhee.

“C-chan-hee?” he whispered to himself.

Even though it was the quitest murmur, Chanhee eyes snapped opened and they gripped on Byunghun’s. Lifting his head, Chanhee asked mostly in concerned “How are u feeling?”

Ignoring the latter question, Byunghun replied him with another question. “What are u doing in my room?” He groaned, holding a hand to his throbbing head to soothe the ache as he sat up on his bed. He still didn’t feel that great after all.

In the other hand, Chanhee growled but didn’t want to start an argument. “Are u feeling ok?”

“Why do u want to know that?” Byunghun sighed “U said u don’t care so when is my feeling becomes important to u?”

“Just answer my question..please”

Said-boy shocked to hear Chanhee plead like that. He sighed again, now in defeated. He looked over his window, spotting some moonlight still peeking through the shades. “I feel a little dizzy” He paused for a second before continued, eyeing the latter “Other than that I’m fine”

Chanhee felt like a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders but then he felt it come slamming back down when he remembered yesterday. His words.

“DON’T EVER THINK THAT I CARE ABOUT U. EVEN U DIE, I’LL NEVER CARE!!! I ONLY DID THIS BECAUSE U WILL GIVE ME SO MUCH TROUBLE LATER IF MINSOO OR ANYONE KNOW ABOUT U BEING SICK AND I’M SICK ENOUGH TO BE BLAME FOR WHATEVER HAPPENED TO U EVENTHOUGH EVERYONE KNOW IT WASN’T MY FAULT FROM THE VERY BEGINNING” 

“What are u doing here?” Byunghun questioned again, snapping out Chanhee from his thought.

“I found u collapsed in bathroom. U has been throwing up for several times yesterday and u got high fever too. U even not has eaten anything. I finally carried u back here and Minsoo made u drink medicine when u barely conscious.”

Byunghun looked over into Chanhee’s eyes “How long have I been out?”

The older turned his head towards Byunghun’s small table and read the clock. It showed 4.20 a.m. “It’s been 5 hours since I got u back here”

“…I see..” the boy whispered, taking his eyes away from the latter and returning back to the lines of white gracing across his bed. He sighed and rubbed his eyes from the tiredness. “I’m fine now and u may go back to your room. We have 2 hours left before school and I want to sleep”

“Byung..” Chanhee said. It was so wrong for him to be calling the boy by his own name in a good way, but it felt right as he said it. Why was everything feeling so right?

Byunghun turned his head again so his eyes locked with Chanhee. Ignoring the concerned stares shot through him, he said, keeping his voice straight “I thank u for carrying me back to bed and may excuse me? I’m sleepy”

“Just answer me this only one question”

Oddly though, Chanhee looked like he was a bit nervous and struggled to keep his voice in calming tone. Byunghun eyed him, patiently waiting for him. However, the next question froze Byunghun in his place.

“There are bruises under your shirt. Tell me where did u got that from?”

 ++++++++++

 

The sun was up for hours ago and breakfast was…not there. Since Minsoo was out way too early today, the remaining boys were refused to be in the line of cooking. Chanhee though was lying on the roof taking in the sun’s warm rays. He doesn’t have feelings to attend school today. Meanwhile the second floor, there’s lying Byunghun. Peacefully asleep on his bed while no one bothered him awake for school, mostly to let him get much rest.

The front door opened, revealing Minsoo with full bags of food entering the house. The older had noticed the house was peaceful as not one fight had begun like the usual morning.

Flashback

“Who has been hurting u? Tell me” Chanhee asked strongly. His voice demanded an answer.

Byunghun was shaking by being mention of a person who has been hurting him the all times.  “I’m not hurt and no one hurt me so mind your own business” he answered, trying very hard to keep his voice straight.

”If that so, then why do u come home late every Thursday, shaking with fear for the whole night, your face even turned deadly paled and u looked completely exhausted?!! Not to forget that your ankle was badly injured last Thursday too!! Someone is hurting u and don’t u ever try to fool me!”

Byunghun was glaring at the latter now. He can’t believe that out of all people but Chanhee could notice all the things happened to him. “Shut up! It’s none of your business so don’t care about it”


“U don’t know if I care or not idiot!” Chanhee countered back.

“I know u don’t. U have told me, remember? Even if I die, u won’t care” Byunghun yelled, still trying to decrease the violence of his shaking.

Chanhee was fuming now and he couldn’t help it. He pulled the boy into his arms, in a tight embrace and buried his nose into his soft neck, taking in the sweet scent of his flesh.

“What if it wasn’t true? What if I did care…?” Chanhee whispered “What if we are not in a way we are now?”

Byunghun was stammering with both of his shaking and his voice now. He just couldn’t believe he was being held by Chanhee like this.

Flashback end

Byunghun sighed deeply as he remembered things after that. He kept himself in silence. Chanhee never get his answered but yet he still held Byunghun for a long time last night.

Byunghun didn’t even remember falling back asleep.

“Byungie…” Minsoo called as Byunghun raised his head up to meet the eyes of the older. “Could u please yell up to Chanhee for me? Breakfast almost ready”

Byunghun sighed again and rubbed his temples in frustration “Why don’t u wake him yourself?”

Minsoo smirk “Because I want u to” he smiled before continue “Now go get him down”

Byunghun glared deadly at the older face causing him to whimper and slide back to the kitchen. Even though he definitely did not want to meet eye an eye with the other, he get himself up from the bed and made his way to the bathroom before going down the hall, entering Chanhee’s room at the far end. Knowing that the latter was at his usual spot, Byunghun opened the door and hopped over to the open balcony.

“Hey!” Byunghun shouted from below. Seconds later Chanhee’s head was looking down upon him with the same normal stare he always shot his enemy. “What, idiot?”

“Breakfast ready” Byunghun simply answered, ignoring the insult he got from the latter. He started to hop back into the room until Chanhee’s face was smack right in front of him.

He jumped again! Crazy old men…

“Are u perhaps…a monkey? U jumped and fall like one” Byunghun smirk mischievously. It was a lot of fun to insult the boy sometime.

“shhh..” Chanhee shush him as his hand reached foreword, placing on the boy’s forehead. Chanhee sudden action make a silence Byunghun widened his eyes, being surprised.

“U still feel warm but your fever subsides” Chanhee sigh in relief. Their eyes meet deeply toward each other.  

“I am fine so don’t mind about it” Byunghun looked away, making his move to escape from the latter weirdness. “Why won’t u tell me anything?”

“There’s no reason to let u know about my personal matter”

“Why?”

“Told u already..there’s no reason”

Chanhee felt the anger rise in his throat but he wouldn’t let it out. He wanted some answers, and he wanted them now.

“Excuse me” Byunghun motioned forward just before Chanhee dragged him back into the railing.

“Chanhee what are u-“ A finger placed right on his lips, enough to shut him out. “Quiet…idiot..” Chanhee whispered. They were too closed as Chanhee leaned toward the boy; even his breath hit Byunghun’s neck.

Byunghun stayed quiet as he watched Chanhee nervousness began to catch up with him. Chanhee stood a mere inch getting the boy a blush to creep on his pale face.

“I think I know who did this to u..” Chanhee whispered again but this time making Byunghun’s eyes widened in fear. Does he really know? No, it’s impossible! I never said anything. He looked upward as Chanhee’s eyes opened and suddenly felt all of his fear dissolve into nothingness.

“Please let me help u out” Chanhee was pleading again and Byunghun could sense the sincerity in his words. Suddenly, he could feal his cheeks was been cupped by a strong hand as he was being pushing forward, against the latter as their lips caught each other in a quick kiss. Shocked to feel in seconds, Chanhee pushed him closer as if he wanted more, this time in passionate way.

Although they hate to admit but they aware how much they enjoyed kissing each other.

Can he help me…? Byunghun thought, wrapping his arms around Chanhee’s neck. Chanhee has attracted him long ago and with this kind of act, Byunghun know he could never resist him. Chanhee lips were caring and protective. It was full of sincerity and love. It felt so much different than Niel cursed kisses.  

Tiny moans escaped both of their mouth and Byunghun was the first one who break the kissed as both gasping for the air.

“C-Chanhee..I-“

“Trust me Byung…I’ll help u”

Byunghun continued to stare deeply into the other’s, feeling secure just by a gaze. Without his consent, a tear slide down from his eyes. Being aware that the other start breaking in tears, Chanhee lovingly wrapped his arms around the boy and pulled him into his chest, letting his cheek touch Byunghun’s temple.

“Please Byung, tell me” Chanhee asked, letting his fingers slide between the strands of Byunghun’s dark hair. However, the calm Byunghun start shaking again by the mention of his secret “I-I can’t tell”

In his mind, Chanhee really wanted to holler at the boy right now but he really had to held his temper. Some of it slipped by though as he tighten his hold to Byunghun’s small body. Was he always this small? Chanhee thought to himself.

“It’s fine if u don’t want to share yet, but promised me u never go to that place anymore”

“Place?” Byunghun questioned, lifting his head to look at Chanhee’s. Chanhee let his lips move downward and felt their nose touch. “I know someone is doing this to u and promise me u won’t go back to that person”

“B-but..”

“Promise me”

Byunghun stared at the boy in front of him. Chanhee just about to make him stay away from Niel and Byunghun know it was kind of huge problem for him, but he had somehow felt safe with the latter.

Before he could say anything, Byunghun was really feeling the heat come down on him now. Blurred vision suffocates around him as he felt something was stuck down his throat, making him wanted to vomit. He even felt like he was going to faint.

“Byung…u ok?” Chanhee who noticed the latter sudden sickness, asked with concern. Byunghun gently rested his head against Chanhee’s broad shoulder and breath in a calm way. “Byung!” Chanhee called him, this time a bit louder. Byunghun chuckled lightly and answered the panicking boy “I felt hot…just give me a second”

Chanhee smirked and let go of him. He slid his arm under Byunghun’s back and knees, carrying him up bridal style. “Let’s get u rest on bed for a minute” He set the sick boy onto his bed, Chanhee watched Byunghun and gave him a quick peck on his forehead. “Need anything? Perhaps, water??”

“No thanks. I’ll be fine if I don’t vomit”

“U sure?”

“Yeah” Byunghun said, closing his eyes. “Go take your breakfast, I’ll be down later”

Chanhee reach for Byunghun’s hand, gently brush his. “I’ll stay here with u”

Byunghun opened his eyes, staring onto the latter. “It’s ok. U go eat, I’m fine alone”

“Are u my boss, idiot?”

“Nope” Byunghun said, turning away as his back now was facing Chanhee “But I know u’ll listen to me”

Chanhee sighed, defeated. “I guess you’re right, silly” Chanhee leaned closed to already sleeping Byunghun, pecking sweetly on his cheek. “I’ll wait u downstairs alright” he whispered right to the latter ear before making his way out of his room.

A click sound of the door closing, Byunghun opened his eyes, staring on the way Chanhee moves just now.

What had just happened? Chanhee and..me?? It was all too quick!

I wish this new grown 'relationship’ between us would never be discovered.

No one should know!

No one, especially Niel.