chapter 1

HOLD ME TIGHT

 

Chanhee’s punch flew through another door. Minsoo sighed as he figured he had better take care of it later.

“minsoo hyung!” jonghyun called. “they broke the door again”

“I know, just tell me how can I stop those two” minsoo rubbed his temple while head upstairs. He could hear the two boys arguing again.

“u idiot!” chanhee yelled, strands of his brownish hair matted to his face with sweat. He was panting with exhaustion while byunghun, who seemed in better control of his breathing, was also in better control of his emotions.

“wasn’t u the one who caused the trouble? I’ve told u to watch your mouth earlier”

“I hate u!!”

“I hate u too”

“just enough, both of u” minsoo interrupted, in case to stop the arguments. “how long u think u want to quarrel like this over a small thing? Let’s stop this”

“his fault” byunghun hissed toward the other.

“he’s the one who start it…he stepped on my feet”

“I’ve told u it’s an accident”

“no..i know u did it on purpose”

“no I don’t”

“yes u are”

“I’m NOT!!”

minsoo stared on those two as they start to fly a punch on each other face again. He shook his head. As usual, there’s nothing he could do to stop them. Things will get worst if he continued to interfere in their unstoppable arguments.

+++++++++

 

“let’s stop this” the darken haired one said. He had better control of his emotions. He just never used it. “I’m not in the mood to fight anymore”

“why? Are u afraid if I break your cute stinky face?”

“never in my life afraid of u” byunghun his heels and strode away to his room.

Chanhee stared at byunghun’s disappearing form and a weird feeling shot through him. he wasn’t sure what it was but his heart felt like it had just been squeezed. Since kid, they never stop arguing with each other mostly over small things. However, nowadays byunghun will be the one who give up the arguments and walked away. he is acting weird in chanhee noticed.

Chanhee jogged to his usual spot on the roof. He quickly drifted off to sleep.

……….

“chanhee!” chanhee heard byunghun’s voice and his eyes flew open. The latter face was merely inches from him.

“hyung called. Times for dinner” chanhee blinked, this was the closest they had ever been to each other.

“hey!” byunghun yelled, snapped the latter from his own thought. “are u listening?”

“I know..idiot” chanhee spat at the boy. He pushed byunghun away and went into the house.

“how polite”

++++++

 

His eyes snapped open in the dimness of the night just as the reflections of a nightmare crossed his vision. Byunghun lay in bed, his breathing erratic, shivering under the warm covers. The bedside clock flashed 3.25 a.m. in the darkness. He sighed.

Byunghun headed down to the kitchen for a drink. He leaned against the counter as he drank from his glass. He once thought about his dream just now. The dream had been terribly vivid. Since he moves out from the mansion, he was haunted by those nightmares. There’s no difference between the dream and reality. It’s just the same for him and he was sure about it.

Putting the glass on the counter, he looked down over the utensils drawer and pulled out a knife. He ran the knife experimentally down his wrist, applying no pressure, finding it frighteningly easy to make the pattern of flesh on it.

Can I stop the pain?

Can he?

Yet, he couldn’t.

Hurting or killing himself will never solve anything. Those are the dumbest thing he should avoid.

But…

What can he do to stop the pain?

“oi” his thought were interrupted by a  voice called for him. “what are u doing up?”

“nothing” byunghun simply replied, quietly keep the knife on its original place.  He hurriedly moves away.

“oi” chanhee stop him.

“what?”

“aren’t u going to put your glass in the sink?” chanhee asked, looking straight into byunghun’s eyes but the latter tried to avoid the stare.

“umm..o-of course” he put his glass in the sink as requested and relieved the other didn’t seem to noticed about the knife.

“can’t sleep?” chanhee asked casually.

“yeah”

“u want a milk? It helps..” byunghun eyes widened in surprise. Is this really chanhee? chanhee he know since kid never cared about him, but tonight he seems different.

“it’s fine. I’ll try to go back to sleep now” before he took another step, chanhee’s voice came again, a little uncertain and gruff to be casual.

“I’m making some for myself anyway”

Just so u are…take it or leave it.

Byunghun was grateful for it though. To go back to sleep and being alone while those frightening thought returned, forcing him to the edge of his sanity as he fought to push them out of his head.

niel and the mansion.

Everything about those was dark. Niel’s possessive eyes and words are only brought the insomnia intensified what always threatened to consumed him.

Again, tonight he dreamt of cold shriveled hands running across his body as he lay helpless to stop them. Looking up to see those possessive eyes, he traced the scars across his stomach as the wound open under his vile touch. Dark blood spilled from the cut as he weakened, unable to call for help, unable to scream or help himself.

“OI!! What’s wrong with u idiot?” byunghun jumped at the sudden interaction. “how long am I going to hold this?” chanhee shoved a mug in byunghun’s hand.

Chanhee took his own mug and began to sip it slowly, looking over at the boy out of the corner of his eyes. What’s wrong with him? He’s so out of it!

Neither of them said anything. Byunghun held the mug in both of his hands, though rather than drinking he savored the heat from the cup, finding it comforting.

Chanhee opting for quick glances whenever he thought byunghun wasn’t looking. Byunghun eyes were down the table, unfocused as his face reflected heartfelt sorrow.

The silence continued and chanhee didn’t intend to leave. Not when byunghun had that kind of look in his eyes.

“thanks chanhee” byunghun suddenly spoke, so softly that the other nearly missed it. chanhee looked on and saw the latter was smiling at him. He stunned at the reaction. Weird!

This brat just keeps getting weirder everyday.

Or is it just me?