chapter 2

HOLD ME TIGHT

 

“um hyung..” said changhyun politely as he stood in front of the older room’s doorway.

“yes?” minsoo replied, looking up from his laptop.

“i was wondering if I could go out this weekend with my friends”

Minsoo smiled “have u told daniel already?”

“I did…and he said whatever”

“urmm it’s ok changhyunnie…he allowed it and u may go”

“no need to ask that jerk if he answered in such a way” chanhee mumbled as he passed by the doorway. Changhyun turned his head and glanced at chanhee’s back “he’s moody again” he sighed

“oh changhyunnie..”

“y-yes?”

“I was wondering if u knows anything about byunghun and where he is tonight. Does he have an after-school meeting?”

Chanhyun gave him a puzzled look “no. he only said that he had to go somewhere but he doesn’t tell where”

Minsoo nodded “I see. Well then, why doesn’t u finished your homework here before going back to the mansion? U can go home after dinner and I guess Daniel won’t be mind since jonghyun was home already”

“oh yeah..sure” changhyun said and dashing for the room he shared with chanhee. That’s when he accidentally bumped into someone and fell to the floor.

“opps..sorry hyung” changhyun apologized looking up into his eyes. Chanhee smiled as he lose to the cute-looks of the youngster “it’s ok” being the caring older, he helped changhyun back to his feet and watch him disappeared toward his room.

Silently, he drifted up the stairs to his favorite spot, the roof. He lay on his back and began to ponder about someone; the one he thought would be the last person he’ll think about.

++++

 

“I see u’ve realized there’s no point in resisting me my dear” niel whispered into the latter’s ear, sending shivers down his spine and throughout of his body that wasn’t really cold.  Fear and agony filled his mind. He felt so helpless…yet so weak. How he wished his life just ended at the moment.

It was so hurt.

Too much pain.

“u’ll coming next week right?” asked the poisonous voice. His hands traveled across byunghun skin; rubbing over the bruised from the whip he had paint.

“y-yes” byunghun answered soullessly. SWOOSH! He felt another lashes of the whip around his ankle. Tears ready to fill up his cornea but none of it were threating to fall down. “yes who?”

“y-yes master”

PANG! He could felt a smack on his face. "LOUDER!!!"

“YES MASTER!” byunghun’s eyes were completely lifeless as his bare chest shivered with fear.

Niel smiled, the boy’s neck. “that is my good boy”

++++++

 

Dinner was great as always and as promised, changhyun went off to the mansion after dinner.

“well…night has come upon us, sleep early so u won’t be late waking up tomorrow”

“no need bossing me around when the other one still wandering out there and have no idea that he still have school tomorrow”

“ahh talking about that, I wonder where he had been? It’s late already”

 “che..like I care” chanhee mumbled to himself and instantly heels up the stairs, going toward to the great roof. There was the only place where chanhee could found his peaceful there.

Byunghun…

The name passed his mind seriously pissing him off. Why in the hell I keep thinking of that damn brat?

Chanhee gazed up toward the stars as something caught his eye through. The stars, each of them looks brighter tonight. The brightness…just like byunghun

“dammit!!” chanhee hollered sitting up from the slanted roof.

Why the hell are u in my head?!!!

“byunghun, finally you’re home” said a graceful voice from below. Chanhee quickly crawled to the edge of the room and looked down, surprised to see the boy he keep thinking for the whole time standing there, leaning on the wall.

“sorry hyung…I’ve got something urgent at school to be done” byunghun said something hoarsely while trying to move into the house. “is there something wrong with your foot?” minsoo asked, sounded really concerned while his eyes scanning the latter’s below.

“I was tripped, on the way home. It’s nothing bad, really..”

“are u sure? need my help?” minsoo motioned toward him but he politely held up his hand “I’m fine” byunghun forced a smile. only then, there was a thud behind him and he looked back.

“ouch!”

“who is that?” minsoo asked, looking on the direction of where was the sound came from.

Chanhee stood firmly with a serious look on his face. “chanhee!” minsoo exclaimed quite shocked. “d-did u just jump from the roof?”

“I slipped, silly” chanhee snorted, rubbing his head. “hey watch your mouth chanhee. don’t talk to minsoo hyung like that” byunghun said, glaring at him while chanhee glared back.

If he has the energy to argue then why should I care about him?!!!

“what are u doing?” byunghun questioned coldly, eyeing the taller boy as he didn’t answered. Surprisingly, chanhee lifted byunghun’s right arm over his shoulder and moved forward almost dragging the boy behind him.

Byunghun hissed because of the pressure put up on his ankle. “hey what are u doing anyway?” byunghun demanded. He would fight him off but all his energy was gone.

“helping u to your room idiot” chanhee answered, ignoring the puzzled look he got from minsoo.

“what are u looking at?!” chanhee asked, already pissed off from the look of the older. “ermm..nothing. I guess I should let byunghun in your care chanhee. g’night my lovely boys” minsoo left the room and walked back into his room. Chanhee could smell the older’s eyes peeking from the back of his room’s door but he ignored it. For now, byunghun is more important.

“why help me?” byunghun asked, still shocked to find himself being helped by the person whom he knows always hate him.

“just shut up and keep moving or I’ll drop u right here”

Byunghun scowled and he looked to the side as wall slowly moved by. "u fell from the roof, are u ok?"

"i'm fine"

"ok" byunghun said and everything's remained silence among those two. Chanhee stared ahead thinking. Half of himself was roaring at him for even thinking about helping his enemy while another half was really happy for holding byunghun in the moment.

Chanhee was over thinking till he don’t realized his right leg slamming against byunghun’s injured foot making the latter gasped and fell against him. “hey, I’m sor..” chanhee noticed the pain in byunghun’s face the instant he looked down at him. “byunghun hey, u ok?”

“i-i’m f-fine” byunghun whispered. His sore body was yelling at him, begging him to stop and hope that chanhee could just drop him there. He felt so weak. The pain was so overwhelming.

“no. you’re not idiot!” chanhee said fiercely, pulling byunghun carefully back to a stand. The boy’s foot still hung limply above the ground as they finally made their way into byunghun’s room. Chanhee gently lay the boy on his bed. Byunghun sighed in relief as his eyelids felt heavy.

“thanks chanhee” byunghun whispered as sleep overcome him once his head touch the pillow.

Chanhee looked over at the sleeping form and let his eyes wander over his features.

Why did I help him? why does he look in so much pain?

The new moonlight entering the room made byunghun looks different. Much more different than what chanhee usually see everyday. His face was pale but it glowed bright, just like the stars he watched earlier. He looks peaceful although in reality chanhee knew byunghun was in pain and he really wants to know why.

Quietly, he moved to the edge of the bed to look over byunghun’s foot. His hand lifts up the end of the boy’s pants. Chanhee gasped at what he saw. Byunghun entire ankle was bruised black and blue. There was a deep cut below it with dried blood still illuminating from the moonlight and smaller bruises below it. There were also red scars around his small ankle. Taking one last look at byunghun’s sleeping face; he pulled the boy’s pant back down. He sighed and quietly walked out from the room, closing the door behind him.

Who could have done that? The questioned played in his mind since then.