Expected

Let Me Fly

“You had overdosed on Zolpidem and morphine,”

The doctor, who Yixing knew now as Doctor Seo-jun, had been here for almost forty minutes now, along with a psychiatrist. The doctor claiming they were there ‘in case of’. In case of what? In case he was suicidal, depressed, mental? Yixing mused, it wouldn’t be wrong.

“You are very lucky to be alive from such an overdose. Since you have woken you may be aware of your consent drowsiness and headaches. But not to worry, this is common in drug overdoses and this will soon fade over the coming days – Now we were able to contact your parents – “

“M-my parents?” Yixing’s heart sped up at the word and as if on cue none other than his parents came through the door with huge smiles planted on their faces.

“Darling!” His mother placed a kiss to his head, “We are so glad you are alright, oh we were so worried!” What, Yixing watched with wide eyes as the faces he hadn’t seen in so long bombarded him with praises. “You gave us a scare, son.”

Doctor Seo-jun gave a chuckle, and motioned towards the psychiatrist, “We will leave you to your privacy for now but will be back soon, Yixing.” The man and woman nodded in their departure.

“Oh thank god,” his parents smiles dropped and his mother released her once affectionate hold to Yixing’s shoulder, “Well that could have gone worse,”

His father laughed, “I think it went quite well, shall we?” The man gestured to the exit but soon stopped, “Ah no, it would be suspicious if we left so soon.” He looked to his mother who rolled her eyes and Yixing didn’t know if he should be surprised or not, or really, disgusted. Their act was all a fake, but was he hoping for something else.

“You mean we have to stay here with him?” The woman threw a pathetic wave to her son and Yixing couldn’t take it anymore, he laughed. The sound caused them to jump as if they didn’t know he was actually there until now.

“Wow,” He began to clap, producing a sarcastic smile, hoping it would facade because really he was dying in the inside, “It can’t be, is it really? – Whoa –“ Yixing gasped, making sure it was exaggerated, “My parents? Wait... my parents, the ones who left me? The ones who then claimed I was dead? Ah yes, my parents.”

His parents stared, “We don’t like this anymore then you do.”

Yixing had to bite his lip from exploding, “If you had died maybe it would have been easier for us,” his father began, “Oh all the comments we still receive, ‘Maybe your son is still alive?’ ‘There is a Zhang Yixing still in Korea’ ‘It is rare for such a name here’. If you could just disappear you would had made this so much easier.” He bit his lip harder as he tried to hold back his tears.

“H-how can you... what d-did I ever do to you?”

“Oh please, you were and always will be a mistake.”

Yixing could now taste the blood from biting his lip and this time he couldn’t hold back the choked sob that left his throat. He ran his hand over his face, trying to wipe the continuous flowing tears.

“Can we leave?” The man hummed and without any goodbye and as quickly as they had come, they were gone.

Yixing shakily picked up the nearby tissue box and angrily threw it at the closed door, the action causing the tubes connected to the machines to fall over with a crash, nurses soon rushing in. Yixing didn’t listen to their questions or more like he couldn’t hear them through his increasing heart beat and his sobs that failed to decrease.

--

Yixing’s plan of avoiding the psychiatrist came to fail. When he was able to calm down as much as possible the questions started and all he wanted to do was just take the blanket and wrap it around his neck. The psychiatrist would love to hear that.

“I sensed your tension when your parents arrived, is there any meaning behind that?”

Yixing could feel new tears begin to form, “I-It’s complicated”

“And that’s why I’m here sweetie.”

He sighed, Yixing had had professional help before and he has come to the conclusion that they were no help to him.  They listened, they comforted you, they gave positive feedback and he was grateful for that but it could never erase these problems. But he also knew he would have to explain someday so he told everything relating to his parents. Deciding to leave out the club dancing and escorting.

“S-so this is the- the first time I’ve seen t-them since I was fifteen,” By the end, it was impossible to not let the cries take over his shaking body.

He looked to the lady who had been taking notes throughout his little speech, “And how do you feel about this?”

“How do I...” Yixing threw his head back, new tears threatening to fall, “confused, betrayed, upset... angry.”

“And so you should, you have no reason not to be. You have been through a lot Yixing and you really should be proud of yourself. You have survived through it and I believe you can keep on surviving.” Yixing hummed, these were the encouraging comments that were expectant and meant to help but in reality were useless to him.

“Now one more question, was your overdose accidental or intentional?

Now Yixing had already asked himself this, yes, generally he would just swallow down any pill available in his home but it was also never intended to be an overdose. He wouldn’t care if he did overdose or not but it was never to be initiated. Also he wasn’t stupid, if he said it was on purpose then that would mean counselling, more sessions like these and worse, it may even lead to mental hospitals. “It was an accident.”

It was as if the psychiatrist was considering his answer by studying Yixing’s facial expressions but before she could say anymore there was a knock at the door and a person he didn’t realise he missed so much walked in, Sehun.

“Ah, hello,” said boy bowed to the women, “Sorry, I can come back later –“

The lady stood, “No need, we were just finishing,” she smiled towards Sehun before leaving, “Stay strong Yixing.” The oldest boy produced a kind smile back as she left.

“Sehun­-ah!” Yixing stretched out his arms, making grabby motions with his fingers before he pouted, “Can you hug me?”

Sehun didn’t hesitate and besides the boys actions were too cute to handle. He awkwardly wrapped his arms around Yixing, what with their sitting positions, “I was so scared hyung, don’t do that okay!?”

Yixing cursed his eyes for tearing up for the millionth time, “S-sorry...”

The younger pulled back and caressed the boys face, “How do you feel now?”

Yixing felt Sehun’s breath ghost over his lips and all he wanted to do was just lean into his touch, let his thoughts get lost through Sehun’s warm kisses. “I-I’m okay but not really?”

Sehun pulled back further to question him but the older pulled him back with a hand to his shirt, “Yixing...”

“Sehun, I will tell you later, I promise but I... just need you.” Yixing leaned closer to the younger, their lips only inches apart but the younger pulled back, a worried expression on his face, “L-last time, I’m sorry. Maybe we should go slow... I don’t want to h-hurt you.”

Yixing smiled softly, “You never hurt me, it wasn’t you. And...” he rubbed the back of his neck, “I am okay with kissing,”

And that was all it took for Sehun to feel reassured as he connected their lips and that same feeling of butterflies caused through Yixing’s stomach and he smiled between their kiss, mumbling, “Defiantly okay.” He felt Sehun’s lips smile against his.

--

Yixing was released from the hospital the next day with the promise of resting and drinking lots of water. When Sehun drove Yixing home, the older told him about his little encounter with his parents and now as they arrived at his apartment Sehun wouldn’t stop asking if he was okay. It was cute really but he also didn’t want to break down in front of Sehun again.

“I’m just saying if I ever meet your parents I will have the strongest urge to punch them, and don’t try and stop me...” Sehun trailed off, realising Yixing wasn’t behind him, turning around to see said boy with his arms hugging a taller boy who he knew was Yifan. He smiled lightly at the scene as he walked towards them, now noticing his other friend Junmyeon standing behind the two hugging boys, he acknowledged him with a nod.

“Hey, so this is the Zhang Yixing everyone is talking about?”

“Ah is everyone talking about him?” Sehun laughed as Yixing broke the hug, his ears perking up at the mention of his name, “Yes it is him.” The youngest noticed the awkward greeting shared between the two, “Yixing, this is Junmyeon. Junmyeon, Yixing.”

Junmyeon smiled widely and they both bowed, “Nice to meet you finally,” He then narrowed his eyes at Sehun, “and it’s hyung Sehun-ah, you know that.” Sehun proceeded to mock the others facial expression much to Junmyeon’s annoyance, he hit the back of the boys head.

“Hey!” Sehun rubbed his head and clutched his heart in mock hurt, “Do you see how he treats me Yixing, Yifan!” The two only chuckled when the second oldest slapped his arm lightly.

“You didn’t say it again!”

Hyung, hyuuung, hyuunnnnnnng!” Sehun emphasized on the word as his smile grew, “Better Junmyeon hyung?”

The other stared blank faced, “I will hit you again for being sarcastic.”

He playfully threw himself at his hyung, “But I am the baby of our friends! Don’t be so cruel ahh.” The younger was then being pulled back by arms around his waist, a warm breath touching his skin as the person spoke.

“Be a good boy Sehun-ah.” He turned to see a smug look on none other than Yixing’s face and if the others weren’t present he would have kissed that distant smirk right off of his face.

Junmyeon made an approving noise, “Well its final, I defiantly like you Yixing.” The boy giggled, the sight of it making Sehun smile but it slowly changed to a pout.

“Yixiiinnng, don’t make me bite you,” he lowered his voice so only Yixing could here, adding, “and I mean, don’t make me bite your lip.” With a confused expression, Sehun quirked his eyebrows and that’s when a light must have in the olders head.

“Sehun!” He pulled his arms away from around the now laughing boy but he then shocked the younger when he bit his own bottom lip and raised his eyebrows, “maybe later.” Yixing was glad with the reaction he received while Yifan and Junmyeon stood a few steps away, confusion written on their faces as the other two began to blatantly flirt with each other.

--

“We should have a party! For your coming back.”

They were now standing in the back area of the cafe where Luhan and Jongin worked after closing time. Where Yixing also now knew it to be Junmyeon’s cafe.

“I never left.”

“Ah you know what I mean,” Baekhyun lifted himself onto one of the counters, “I haven’t partied in a while.”

Chanyeol let out an obnoxious laugh, “You were at a party just last night!”

“Yeah, last night.. That was like seven hours ago.” The tall boy tsked.

Hyung, Yixing needs to rest for a while.”

“I’m okay.” Sehun and Luhan shot disapproving looks.

“That settles it then, my house tomorrow night!”

“Get off the counter!” Junmyeon suddenly appearing out of nowhere swatted a squealing Baekhyun on the head with the end of a broom, “Every time... do you realise food gets prepared on these counters?”

“I do know, you tell me every time.” Baekhyun smirked at the judging stare coming from the other.

“Anyway,” The oldest shoved the broom in his hands, “What is happening tomorrow night?”

“Paaaarrtyy.” Baekhyun jumped up and down on the spot whilst a now irritated Chanyeol tried to get out the dust in the boys hair from the broom. “Would you stand still for a moment?”

“Ah? Why are you so grumpy?” Baekhyun danced around the broom still held in his hand and then he turned into a fit of laughter, “Look,” The boy was now grinding against the broomstick, “I’m pole dancing.” He ignored all the boy’s judging stares (although he didn’t miss Chanyeol trying to hold back his laughter) as he lowered his body to the floor, the movement causing his footing to lose balance on some flour scattered over the floor; him and the broom crashing to the ground.

Chanyeol couldn’t help his laughter this time, the others soon following suit except for Junmyeon who kept a straight face. “And there you go,” Junmyeon picked the broom up and returned to his cleaning.

“Hey!” Baekhyun yelled to the boys back from the floor, “You expected that didn’t you!?”

Baekhyun didn’t see the smile that formed on Junmyeon’s mouth.

--

 

A/N - Ahh so the next chapter will be the party.. I wonder what will happen because even I don't know at the moment --haha-- . As always thank you for subscribing, commenting and reading. /sorry if there were word mistakes/