Better Than A Plushy

Let Me Fly

When Sehun woke again the space where Yixing had once been was now empty but his mobile was still beside the pillow. He checked the time; 7:45 am. He glanced around the dimly lit room, the others still asleep but no sign of Yixing. The sudden urge to find the boy took over him so he stood, hand still clasped to the blanket as he wrapped it around his shoulders.

He had checked all of the rooms but Yixing was still nowhere to be seen; panic was about to settle in when he remembered the balcony and to his relief he finds him there sitting on the floor, his back and head resting against the wall. Yixing didn’t look up when Sehun shut the door behind him and sat beside the other.

They sat in silence for a while just staring at the awakening city in front of them until Sehun sensed the olders body shaking so he took the blanket from around his shoulders and replaced it by pulling it over his and Yixing’s laps. That’s when Yixing did turn his attention to Sehun.

“I’m pathetic,”

Sehun was slightly taken aback by the confession, “no you’re not, don’t say that hyung.”

The older only sighed and mumbled, “I wish I didn’t have to.”

Sehun frowned and remembered the bruises he had seen around Yixing’s wrists. He placed his hand on the boys lower arm which caused Yixing to flinch but he ignored that and slowly slid his hand down to the olders wrist, pulling his sleeve up. “Tell me what happened.”

Yixing tried to pull out of the youngers grip but it only made his bruised wrist hurt. “T-tell you about what?”

Sehun ran his thumb gently over the wrist, “You know what.”

“I...” Yixing once again tried to pull away, “Sehun-ah, please I don’t want to talk about i-it.”

“When I came to you that night, at the club, you –“ Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, “what were you expecting from me? You looked surprised when I introduced myself.”

This time Yixing did free his wrist from Sehun’s hand with a scowl, “Because t-that’s where...” the older trailed off and squinted his eyes in thought, “Why did you come if you didn’t w-want to... t-to...”

“To what?”

“T-that room is for the... the c-clients to you know,” Yixing began to make strange gestures with his hands while Sehun just stared in confusion until it hit him.

“No! What –“

“What else did you think that room was?”

“I– I didn’t know! I just asked where I could find you and I got led to that room.”

Yixing laughed sadly, “Yeah...”

 “Please tell me you don’t let men do that stuff to you.”

“I-I have no choice.”

Sehun felt anger bubble up inside him at the idea of disgusting men using Yixing as some kind of toy, “So that explains,” Sehun takes Yixing’s wrist in his hand again and the older nods his head quickly and looked to the ground.

“Yixing hyung...”

The younger didn’t get a reply but he heard the other sniffle as he tried to hold back his tears. Sehun felt so much pain now that he knew the reason for the boys bruises and downcast mood and yet he was still able to hide it and live on with his life. Sehun didn’t know why but he had the strong feeling to protect the one beside him, to help him free of that life.

He caressed Yixing’s face with his hand and the older slowly lifted his head, only to then be gently led against Sehun’s shoulder; Yixing immediately burying his face in the youngers neck. He stuttered out a soft thank you while Sehun hummed.

“It will get better hyung.”

--

Yixing didn’t expect to see Luhan when he arrived at the club a few days later after their sleepover but there he was.

“Lu Ge?”

Luhan perked up at the voice, “Yixing! Hey I was on my way home when I thought you may be working.”

“I am now,”

Luhan was suddenly hugging the younger which took Yixing off balance, “How are you Xing?”

“Fine Ge, is everything okay?”

The older broke the hug and smiled warmly at him, “I can’t hug my friend?”

Before Yixing could reply someone was putting an arm around his shoulders.

“What did the boss tell us about getting to close to our clients Lay.”

Yixing scowled and panicked as he mentioned the word clients, only hoping Luhan wouldn’t mention it.

“He is my friend,” he pulled out of the boys hold and turned to him, “What do you want Xiumin?”

Xiumin ignored the question and instead glanced towards said friend, “and such a pretty friend you have.” Yixing sighed as Xiumin showed his best smile and bowed to a now blushing Luhan with an outstretched hand, “and you are?”

“L-Luhan.”

Yixing raised his eyebrows. Did he really just stutter right now.

Xiumin chuckled sweetly, “Luhan, such a pleasure. I’m not allowed to reveal my real name but between me and you,” Xiumin leaned in close to the others ear, “my name is Minseok.” He pulled away and winked at a shy Luhan.

Yixing was dumbfounded at the scene before him.

“Well I certainly would like to get to know you more cutie but right now I have business to take care of.” He gave Yixing a nod and went to leave, “don’t be a stranger Luhan.” He winked one more time before he left; Luhan staring after his disappearing figure.

Yixing cleared his throat, “Really?”

“Wahh Xing why have I never noticed him before? He is so so soo...” It was as if stars were shining in the boys doe eyes, “attractive and AND cute... oh my god.”

Yixing didn’t know if he was glad that his friend didn’t mention Minseok saying clients or that he was stunned with the sudden interest Luhan had with Minseok.

“You know... I wouldn’t mind having my own personal dance from Minseok.” The comment dragged Yixing out of his thoughts, his eyes now wide.

“What? Luhan!”

Luhan only giggled.

--

Yixing stumbled into his apartment after being finished with his day. Luhan had ended up staying for Minseok’s performance, both of them practically staring at each other the whole time. Yixing shook his head in amusement.

Luckily tonight he hadn’t received any calls yet for clients and he was incredibly grateful for that as he received a text from Sehun asking if he wanted to go to the amusement park with him. He typed a quick reply saying he was interested and where to meet up.

When he did arrive at the amusement park the first thing Yixing was dragged to was the roller coaster, “hyung you have to ride with me, I have always been afraid.” Sehun laughed at his own words as Yixing swallowed.

“I think I am afraid too.”

Sehun laughed more, “Then let’s be afraid together.”

The ride resulted in both of them screaming and Sehun gripping the others sleeve even when the ride had ended, “Whoa.”

“Yes, whoa.” Yixing couldn’t help but laugh at the windswept hair and the astonished look on the youngers face. Sehun pouted when he pointed out his messy hair and fixed it by running his hand through it, also doing the same to a blushing Yixing. He didn’t know why he was blushing.

They later enjoyed many rides together which involved more screaming and cries of fear if you include the one haunted house ride. Yixing could swear his mouth was sore from smiling too much; it was a good feeling he decided.

They were now at a plush toy vending machine, both sipping from their ‘shared’ bubble tea (much to Sehun’s disappointment but also satisfaction). “I told you it is good! But now why do you have to drink mine?”

Yixing smiled around the straw, “Because you’re generous.” Sehun pouted but then focused back on the machine.

“Arrgh, why do they make these things so hard?”

Yixing giggled, “Don’t blame the machine Sehunnie.”

“I will blame the machi – ahh huh!” The younger started jumping on the spot as he finally must have got something.

“No peeking!” Sehun had made it clear that Yixing was not allowed to watch what the boy was going to win because it was a surprise.

“Okay okay, keep your eyes closed,” he felt the younger approach him, “and hold out your hands.” Yixing did just that and felt something soft come into contact with his waiting hands. “It’s for you.” He opened his eyes to see a big light brown fluffy plush toy bunny staring back at him and he smiled.

Sehun beamed at the reaction but then looked the ground in embarrassment, “Luhan hyung told me you loved bunnies when you were younger, I hope you still like them.”

“I do,” his smile grew as he unconscionably threw one arm around the youngers waist, the other still clasped to the bunny, “Thank you Sehun.”

Sehun’s face turned a shade of pink as he returned the embrace by wrapping his arms around Yixing’s waist and whispered, “Anything for you.”

They broke the hug at the same time which ended up both of them staring at each other. They stared for a while and Yixing surprised himself when his eyes moved on their own accord to the youngers lips and he could have sworn he saw Sehun do the same.

“Y-Yixing.”

“Yes?”

“The... the Ferris wheel now r-remember.”

“Oh– oh yes, that.” Yixing quickly pulled away and distanced himself a bit. He didn’t realise he had been holding his breath until now, “Let’s go!”

They were lucky enough to catch the last turn of the Ferris wheel and to have their own carriage. Being night, the air was very cold so Yixing huddled closer to Sehun and held the bunny close to his chest and nuzzled his head against it. Sehun smiled at the cuteness that was just naturally Yixing.

“If I had to choose who was cuter – you or the bunny, I would choose you.” Sehun mentally slapped himself for his mind speaking his words but Yixing tiredly smiled and released a giggle.

“I think the bunny is cuter than me,” he waved the bunny in front of Sehun’s face who laughed and took it from him, “but thank you Sehunnie.”

They then sat in a comfortable silence for a while, appreciating the view as the ride rotated them slowly around in circles before Yixing noticed the cold and an idea came to his head.

“Ehh Sehun-ah you stole my bunny, it was keeping me warm,” the older pouted and puffed out his cheeks, “I guess you will just have to keep me warm.” He wrapped his arms around Sehun’s middle and laid his head on the bunny’s soft head that Sehun was holding and against the youngers chest.

Sehun looked down at the black mess of hair that belonged to Yixing and smiled, “Better?”

“Better,” Sehun laughed as he too felt the warmness radiating from Yixing’s body and he must admit Yixing’s warmth was much better than the plush bunny.

--

A/N - Hello! I am very sorry for the late update - I have been unwell, please forgive mee ;n; ~  but I have now introduced XiuHan yaay and ing fluff heehee. I hope you enjoy and thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting as always. Merry Christmas to everyone xo  (sorry if there are word mistakes)