Blue

You owe me NOTHING

6. Blue

 

‘Uwaaaaah!’ Hye Jin groaned as she body slammed Sehun to the ground. Not that this was any ordinary Sehun. This was feral, blood-lusted Sehun and judging by the crazed look in his eyes, this guy was not her normal roommate.

Like a rabid dog he tried to bite her, opening his mouth wide and revealing sharpened K9 teeth. He flung his neck up towards her and she barely managed to get her forearm across his neck, essentially choking him.

Sehun’s strangled noises were painful to hear but she just prayed he would pass out quickly.

‘Come on,’ she whispered as once again she had to suppress his strength by re-adjusting her grip.

She looked around the room for her phone and saw that it was on her kitchen table a few metres away but with a full grown man thrashing around under her, it might as well been at the other side of the planet for all it was worth.

The distraction caused Sehun to fling his legs out wildly, causing Hye Jin to fly over his head and ironically crash into her kitchen table.

That hurt, she thought, completely winded and struggling to breathe.

Before she knew it, Sehun was on top of her, grabbing her arm. Why he was so fixated on her arm she didn’t know, when it was common knowledge that most vampires went for the neck.

Trying not to panic she relaxed her body and then when he thought she’d gone limp, she flung her knees up strongly and got him right in the nuts, causing him to howl with pain.

He was after all, still human.

Oh and .

Very ...

Taking this opportunity, she quickly grabbed her phone and called Kai-- thankfully one of only a handful of numbers on her phone. She didn’t even have to say anything, she just let it ring out and threw her phone on the other side of the room where Sehun couldn't obstruct it.

‘Sehun, won’t you calm down? Aren’t you overreacting a little? It’s not even the full moon yet—you’re a day or so early,’ she tried to placate him, as she would a dog, with both hands palm-up.

He was in a crouched position, waiting to pounce. Breathing heavily, she saw the rise and fall of his chest and could see that his energy was quickly draining.

If it was any indication for his special circumstance, new vampires were generally at their weakest during a full moon, both in controlling their desires and controlling their new found physical strength. Sehun wasn’t yet a vampire but it made sense that having two of Dul’s marks would have created a stronger impact than two of any other normal vampire's marks.

As if it worked, he whimpered and moved to her bed, hugging her purple hug pillow tightly.

It was an amazing sight. As he started to fall asleep, his pale blue lips were fiercely being bitten by his teeth until he started to draw blood which then began to drip down his chin.

That would hurt in the morning.

Cautiously, Hye Jin joined him on the bed and to her surprise he let go of the hug pillow and grabbed her hand, holding it quite strongly despite being barely able to open his eyes. He rubbed his lips against her wrist, as if pleadingly.

She stared at him and felt a pang of something, not that she would try and psychoanalyse it right now.

‘Fine,’ she muttered, ‘but only this once.’

She knew he didn’t yet have the power to turn her into a vampire but her personal promise to herself was to never let anyone draw blood (except for the pathologist, and even then only very reluctantly). And yet here she was... willingly allowing Sehun, her enemy, to do so. She was too tired to consider why.

He didn’t hesitate after that, releasing a stinging bite on her wrist, teeth cushioned by lips that slowly transitioned from a light shade of blue to a deeper shade of red with each .

The sensation was... intense.

Honestly? It felt like ecstasy.

Hye Jin resisted the urge to lose herself in it, but was only really saved by a voice...

‘I hope I’m not interrupting?’

With a half-smile on his face, and the other a look of half-relief, Kai stood at the doorway looking like he'd just run the full four blocks from his apartment to here.

‘You missed all the fun,’ Hye Jin commented, not moving her arm from Sehun’s grasp. The last thing she wanted was to trigger a further reaction from him and put Kai in danger.

‘I can tell,’ Kai pointedly glanced at the Sehun next to Hye Jin’s night shirt clad body.

‘Did you bring the shot?’ Hye Jin coughed in embarrassment, pulling uselessly on her shirt with her spare arm, which barely went to mid-thigh anyway. Why was she wearing such a short thing anyway—even with just Sehun in the house—was it because she didn’t even consider him a man?

Obviously it’s because you wanted to ...

Hye Jin tried to laugh off that thought. Another thing she didn't want to consider at the moment.

‘I’m gonna hit him— it should knock him out for a few days,’ Kai said, flicking the syringe to make sure all bubbles were out, ‘I used it last time after we got him out of the nightclub.’

‘He’s not going to remember any of this?’

‘It’s anyone’s guess—but we’ll deal with that later.’

And then almost like magic, the suction against her wrist slackened and Sehun was out cold.

+++

 

Sehun woke up with a start.

The blanket was tangled around his legs, making him feel claustrophobic. He chucked them off with impatient feet, only for a piercing headache to hit him when he tried to sit up.

How long had he been asleep?

While he tried to get his bearings, he noticed that it was not daytime—although the bright flashes momentarily confused him.

It turned out to be coming from the television, which was flashing with gunshots and strikes in the otherwise dark room. That was when he noticed the two figures playing a game with their headphones plugged in.

‘How long have you guys been here?’ he asked, assuming that it was Kai and Luhan coming around and finding him asleep.

‘Oh you’re awake.’

It was a decidedly feminine voice and after squinting and refocusing again he realised that he was only half right. It was Kai and Hye Jin sitting there looking very chummy with a bowl of prawn crackers and beers next to them.

‘When did you get to be so close?’ he asked testily.

Kai only shrugged and Hye Jin outright ignored him, ‘Are you hungry? We can order some jjajangmyeon?’

Before he could even provide a surly response, his stomach answered for him and both Kai and Hye Jin shared a glance and laughed.

He didn’t like that.

‘Why are you here?’ he asked his best friend, only feeling slightly bad for sounding rude.

‘You had an episode again...’ was the outright response, ‘Hye Jin called me for help.’

Sehun paled.

‘I didn’t—,’ he had a flashback to the scene just before he out where he heard Hye Jin scream.

He was supposed to be protecting her and now it looked like he’d put her in danger? What kind of bodyguard was he supposed to be?

‘I thought it was over...’ Sehun said.

Suddenly the lights of the apartment came on and both Hye Jin and Kai came closer to him with serious faces, ‘Nothing happened, sunbae.’

‘Then what is that?’ his eyes automatically went to the bandage on her wrist. Before he could even inspect her from head to toe it was right there as if a massive neon sign was pointing to it “SEE HERE?? YOU DID THIS!”

‘You’re not a vampire, Sehun,’ Kai tried to calm him down, ‘you can’t turn others into vampires. But because of the full moon you had blood lust. Hye Jin tried to calm you down by offering her blood. It’s like giving blood at a blood bank – nothing different.’

Sehun stood up, and he was momentarily satisfied when he realised he was taller than both of them.

He walked towards Hye Jin and bitterly smiled at the fact that she held her ground, showing no fear on her face, ‘and this?’

He touched a red mark on her face and pulled on the collar of her shirt to reveal a longer mark from her neck to past her collarbone.

‘We had a bit of a wrestle,’ Hye Jin conceded, ‘nothing different from club activities though,’ she teased, reminding him of the various bruises that he’d left on her at kendo where he’d purposefully hit too hard, through the armour and sometimes in areas without the armour...

It didn’t make him feel good at all.

He shook his head and went to the drawer where his things were kept—a reluctant concession from Hye Jin when he’d moved into her house – and emptied it.

‘What are you doing?’ she whispered, the shock clear in her voice.

‘I’m obviously not the right person to be protecting you. Kai will do a better job,’ he said, not looking at either of them.

‘What are you talking about? Weren’t you the one who said you weren’t going to leave me until we find out who was after me?’ Hye Jin asked, putting a hand over the clothes he was trying to remove, ‘you’re going to bail on me now?’

Sehun turned to her and they stared at each other for a few moments.

He could see the conflict in her eyes, but he didn’t really understand what it meant.

‘How can I protect you if I’m the one attacking you?’

Hye Jin didn’t have an answer for that.

‘I thought so.’


A/N: A Happy New Year to you all!! I hope that 2016 wil be fruitful and happy and safe for all of you readers -- subscribers, silent readers and commenters alike!! Once again thank you for your continued support with my story... I couldn't have gotten this far without you! See you in 2016!!! x Kei