Green

You owe me NOTHING

5. Green

 

Hye Jin was in deep trouble but she would rather be here facing the Boss rather than back in her apartment... Which wasn’t really her apartment anymore. It was Sehun & Hye Jin’s apartment, and Sehun made sure that everyone knew it. From the sign outside their door indicating who was staying there to the numerous facial moisturisers, hair gels and colognes that littered her already cramped bathroom.

And for goodness sake, how many times this week alone did Kai and Luhan come over to play computer games?

‘If you’re done daydreaming, can we try and fix this mess that you’ve gotten yourself into?’ Boss’ gruff, cigarette-affected voice broke into her thoughts.

She looked at him sheepishly, ‘Sorry. I missed what you were saying.’

‘Oh you mean about the part where you managed to put yourself on Superior’s hit list and associate yourself with their number one target?’

Hye Jin sighed, ‘I know I messed up, okay? Just tell me what my new orders are.’

‘New?? You really think we’ll send you out for any more assignments?’ Boss scoffed, ‘No. Your only assignment is to make sure that Superior don’t get that guy. Which was your job in the first place,’ he added pointedly.

‘What? Why?’ Hye Jin asked indignantly, ‘you can’t pull me off assignments—I joined this organisation to bring Superior down, not to play “babysitter”! That’s why we have the Ahjumma,’ she mentioned the older lady who played a motherly figure and owned a safe house for those on the run from Superior, ‘can’t we send Sehun to her?’

‘They want him and the only reason they’re not attacking any sooner is because you’re around. You and Kai.’

‘What’s Kai got to do with this?’ Hye Jin asked, her eyes widening.

The door opened behind her and she didn’t have to turn around. She’d gotten used to his light cologne around the apartment that differed from the more overpowering scent that his best friend used.

‘Kai-ssi?’ she was still on polite terms with him.

‘I’m sorry I didn’t tell you,’ he said. The dark-haired and dark-eyed guy with the full lips cut to the chase, probably the most words he’d ever said to her, ‘I didn’t want to accidentally say something in front of Sehun.’

‘You were the one who tipped the League off to where he was?’

‘Yes, and I’m glad you knew where to find him. He’s my most important friend,’ Kai didn’t even look the least bit embarrassed to say it. 

While the three friends were all good looking, popular and had their own special appeal – Sehun was the scary attractive type, Luhan was the friendly attractive type and Kai was the quiet attractive type. Hye Jin didn’t expect him to be so direct.

‘So you’re part of the League too? Since when?’ Hye Jin always thought she was the only one her age to be recruited.

‘You’ve both been members for as long as each other,’ Boss interjected, ‘but Kai is not trained in combat, he’s in espionage. So your paths have not crossed until now. But it’s your joint responsibility to make sure that no harm comes to Oh Sehun.’

‘Did any of my leads go anywhere?’ Kai asked.

‘Leads?’ Hye Jin looked between the two men, it was becoming more apparent that there was more to Sehun’s file than what was written in that folder she received.

‘Kai provided the name of the girl that bit Sehun and it couldn’t be worse. She’s the granddaughter of Dul. It’s likely that she wishes to make him bonded to her.’

There were a number of headaches with this new information.

One was the fact that the ‘Three’ were considered to be the three eldest and most powerful vampires in Korea. Dul (a code name referring to ‘Two’) had gone rogue and was the reason why Superior came into existence. In retaliation Hana had formed The League, in an attempt to help humans protect themselves against the vampires, while the third, Set was living in peace in some unknown part of South Korea. 

Two was the fact that if the granddaughter wanted to bond Sehun that would either mean turning him into a vampire and therefore losing his life or what was debatably a worse outcome, he would remain human and be her own personal blood bank for as long as she wanted him. And then kill him when she lost interest.

‘So should we hide him?’ Kai asked.

‘See? Thank you!’ Hye Jin reached over and shook his hand, ‘I’m not the only one who can see sense.’

‘No. Ahjumma can’t protect him as good as the two of you can. They now know that his new girlfriend is a hunter, and Kai, as his best friend they wouldn’t even suspect you.’ 

‘Girlfriend,’ Hye Jin felt sick at the word. Yuck. 

Kai spoke up, ‘You should get back. He’s going to go and pick you up from your class remember?’

Hye Jin groaned but stood up anyway, ‘Here we go, again.’

+++

‘I’m done with the shower,’ Hye Jin announced as she re-entered the main room, ‘that was an intense training. Sorry I took so long.’

'It’s okay,’ Sehun stared at her.

She looked adorable with her night shirt (purple) and the towel (also purple) slung over her shoulders as she tried to dry her long hair. He shook that thought away—was he an idiot? It was probably only because he hadn’t had female company since his accident. He probably would think the purple body pillow was a y goddess soon…

‘Go please, you smell,’ she said, throwing a green towel at him.

He got up and had to side-step her between the bed and TV to get to the bathroom. As he got closer, he caught a whiff of her shampoo and inwardly groaned. This wasn’t good at all.

‘Are you okay?’ her eyes were instantly full of concern as she stared up at him.

‘I’m fine,’ he coughed and quickly slammed the door shut behind him. 

Following her around was easy, and it was only after a few days that  he realised just how easy. But then, it was likely because he always planned a few days in advance what prank he was going to pull on her, or made sure he knew where she was at training, so that he would know how to push her some more.

In short, his eyes followed her naturally.

His body started throbbing… and for a moment he thought it was man’s “irresistible urges”. But it wasn’t.

One moment he was happily stripping off and running the hot water over his sore muscles and slick skin… the next, a familiar high pitched noise was overrunning his senses.

He was thirsty.

He was hungry.

This wasn’t good at all. He stumbled to the door (with enough presence of mind to grab the towel) and barely managed to wrench it open, ‘Hye Jin… Hye Jin…’ 

He could hear her voice from somewhere, insistently saying his name, tapping his cheek. And then with a momentary burst of energy he launched himself forward and he heard her scream.


A/N: How exciting! I hope you all enjoyed :) And for those who celebrate – Have a lovely Christmas!!! Hope you get lots of goodies and eat yummy food! I’ll see you all with the next update :) comments are love! xKei